"Welcome Home"

gothmommie said:
Not just you - we love it. I missed hearing that when we stayed at BCV - not ONCE did they say that. OKW? Every time and every time it made us smile. It's the little things in life, you know?

I wonder if that's because BCV is a shared resort (DVC and non-DVC?) It's the same at WL - no welcome homes perhaps because it's shared? SSR and OKW haven't missed one yet for me...

Everyone in our family loves the "Welcome Home" greeting because it is just one of those little things that makes Disney World a special place for us. If we don't get it there is a moment of disappointment but it soon passes as we move onto the next thing we enjoy about Disney.

I'm looking forward to hearing it with my ears for the first time. I've had a number of friends "write" it to me, but I'm sure it's not the same.

1000th happy haunt said:
I'm looking forward to hearing it with my ears for the first time. I've had a number of friends "write" it to me, but I'm sure it's not the same.

Your right. When you first "see" your home resort, just by even pulling up to it, its a different feeling then any other Disney vacation you have been on. When you check-in and KNOW that you are a DVC member taking your first trip home its really special,,,as it should be. :) Wont be too long before you are hearing happy "Welcome Homes" soon! Have fun! :)

I usually get a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes when I first arrive at our resort. I love to hear the guard at the gate say Welcome Home after a long drive from NJ. Once when we were checking in I got choked up and couldn't speak for a minute when the girl at the desk said Welcome Home. I too am an emotional sap when it comes to Disney and my DVC! Of course my family gets a big kick out of it :earsgirl:

We also enjoy hearing the "Welcome Home!". It's just one piece of the puzzle that makes WDW a special place. :drinking:

MG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter