Welcome to the new boards

W

WebmasterAlex

The old UK boards were located on our old NT server and because of some database issues we were not able to move them to the new servers. Unfortunately the data was lost and there is not much hope of recovering it. We have set up the same boards over here and hope you feel welcome in your new home.

:( :( :(

Are we going to be over here for the foreseeable future??

Did anyone else experience long delays in using these boards last night? :confused:

Janet

Oh my .... are you saying theres not a single back up tape anywhere, even from a few weeks ago ? so at least at some point the data can be retreved and archived somewhere.
What a wealth of information LOST.

mmmmmmm :mad: :confused:

:(

This will take some getting used too.

Alex,

Thanks for setting this board up for us - much appreciated!

Has ALL of the data been lost or just the recent period? - I don't think I want to contemplate it :(

Yes, I gave up last night as the boards were sooooooooslow.

Thanks Alex,

I thought this was a temporary glitch in the system. Are you saying this is our permanent home now?

glad to see you've found us Spotty, I was worried we'd lost you!

Are you officially excited yet!

Bev

I think it's safe to say that this is our permanent new home now.

Nice to see you Dave - not long to go now :)

Penny :)

I spend most of my time 'over here' anyway, so this way its easier for me to jump from board to board!

Thanks for all the hard work your putting into this Alex:bounce:

Emma

Well at least moving the UK Boards this way has prevented all the complaints and bad feeling that happened last time the boards UK boards were moved :)

:jester:

Welcome to you all over here.

I was wondering if anything can be put in place to save all the information now being built up again.

Then should the boards crash again:( :( :( :( :( we would not lose all the information.

Rick

I really cant believe that all that fabulous information has been lost forever.

The UK site was the best WDW info on the whole of the web for the UK traveler.

I am sorry to say that the US board is not the same. I feel that I have lost contact with some of the best mates online.

I will persue it though although i feel these boards are a bit big and impersonal.

Where do you find out who is online right now??????????? As i used to use this a lot.

In the mean time, all the best to my mates who have made it over from the UK DIS.

Hi Smax:)
On the Disboard home page where the list of boards is (sorry not very well explained) there is a list of the 20000 (slight exaggeration) people currently on line at the very bottom of the page.

Just wondering why we cant have a fresh installation of the boards software so we can start again from scratch on the UK site??

I feel just like SMAX i havnt felt like posting since the loss of the old boards.

loads of people seem to be missing.

Mods Can the error page at wdwinfo.co.uk be changed to direct our old freinds to our new home if this is where we now live

Deano, I have asked if it's possible and I don't know what the answer is yet. It was one of my first thoughts to get a redirect ........... if it's possible, we will get one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter