Welcome to the WISH Biggest Loser 7 Challenge

dare2dream

DIS Veteran
read this post for important information and to join follow the bolded instructions

Updated participant list Tuesday, February 17 (11 removed), Tuesday February 24 (11 removed)

New members

Feb5dad, momto1

current roster of 87 participants
50sjayne
airtime247
AuntieM03
BABY_EINSTEIN"S_MOM
BibbidyBobbidyBoo
~Brandy~
BuzzBiteyear
CarolA
Cinderelly516
cohoe
corrinak
cquick
dare2dream
Debbie
Disneychrista
DisneyFam5
Disneynut71
donac
DonaldDuckFamily
Dreamer1
Eeyores Butterfly
Fab5dad
flower2222
fofinia
goldcupmom
HappyMomOfThree
HarleyMom
hhartill
hobbester
hugabearjo
IngridRalph
jamesnnick
jennz
jimmduck
karebear1
Kitten
Krisi616
leamom2princesses
Leleluvsdis
lisah0711
LisaNJ25
lisaviolet
Lucky'sMom
LuvBaloo
MA pigletfan
Maherae
married2grumpy
maryliz
MelanieC
Melisa1
michella
MickeyMagic
mikamah
momoflizandains
momto1
mousehouselover
mousemgr2
mvlimmex
My2E's
mybestieismickey
NancyIL
NancyK
Nik's Mom
njmom23grls
ohMom
philbenjc
pianogirl73
PRINCESS VIJA
r3ngels
Raenstoirm
reesecup
rhondamccollough@hot
Riverhill
robinb
runswithscissors
ScubaD
shewelch
Simba22
sskem96
TammyNC
TeresaNJ
Tiger Lily 03
tink1963
Triton'sDaughter
wdwmouse
Worfiedoodles
zurgswife

New members as of Tuesday February 10 (10 removed)

BibbidyBobbidyBoo, momoflizandains,rhondamccollough@hot, TeresaNJ

New member as of Tuesday, February 3, 5 PM (18 removed, 2 returning)

hhartill

New members as of Monday, January 26, 11 PM (16 removed)

EvMc
HappyMomOfThree
HarleyMom
ScubaD
willonlyflytodisney

New members as of Tuesday, January 20, 4 PM (4 removed)

BABY_EINSTEIN'S_MOM
cohoe
corrinak
dis2cruise
DMickey28
flower2222
Kim10110
kt_mom
plutosmyfav

New members as of Tuesday, January 13, 9 AM

disney mommy
AlreadyExcitedGrammy
flutternutter
cquick
XYRUS
zacno

New members as of Thursday, January 8, 11 PM

BuzzBiteyear
Dancind
Geekerbell
luvpooh
lyra
married2grumpy
My2E's
ohMom
pandamom
robinb
sherreis
simpilotswife
Stargazer
Triton'sDaughter
ZerasPride

New members as of Sunday, January 4, 2 PM

Belle1962
Danauk
deanna2426
dreamer1
Eeyores Butterfly
Foxfiregrrl
Kimkimba
LMO429
Maherae
michella
NancyK
njmom23grls
nkkilala
pianogirl73
r3ngels
samanthacatangel
Simba22
wdwmouse

beginning roster on Thursday, January 1, 2009

50sjayne
airtime247
AuntieM03
BkrsLoveDis!
~Brandy~
CarolA
Chickysmom
*Christina*
chunky azz
Cinderelly516
cmul04
dare2dream
Debbie
Disneychrista
DisneyFam5
disneyfanforever
Disneynut71
DisneyWorldDelight
Dizneydawn
donac
DonaldDuckFamily
DVC Tina
DWGal210
fofinia
GabbyMom
goldcupmom
goofymatt
happybratpack
heart4pooh
hobbester
Hockeychic
hugabearjo
IngridRalph
jamesnnick
jennz
JessR
jimmduck
karebear1
KikiFan
kirbydog48
Kitten
knovak
Krisi616
Laurie222
leamom2princesses
Leenie74
Leleluvsdis
lisah0711
LisaNJ25
lisaviolet
loonieroonie
Lucky'sMom
LuvBaloo
luvmy2sams
luvsJack
luvsTink
lvs eeyore
MA pigletfan
mandi5379
maryliz
mcraft17
MelanieC
Melisa1
MercoBear
MickeyMagic
mikamah
Mouse Maineac
mousehouselover
mousemgr2
mvlimmex
mybestieismickey
NancyIL
Nik's Mom
njcarita
philbenjc
PRINCESS VIJA
Raenstoirm
reesecup
Riverhill
runswithscissors
shewelch
Sneezie
Soccer Princess
sskem96
StitchIsOurHero
TammyNC
Tiger Lily 03
tink1963
torsie24
Twelovedisney
WDWorBust
Worfiedoodles
wovenwonder
zan65
zurgswife

Welcome to 2009 our year to shine!!

It is an undeniable fact that in one year we will be ringing in another year. What we can control is where we are in our weight loss journey when 2010 arrives. A new year will come no matter what. If you keep doing what you are now doing the number on the scale may not be much different than what it is now. But what could that scale say if you tried something different this year?

You can make the plan. You can make the changes. You can work to achieve your weight loss goals.

Welcome to the WISH Biggest Loser 7 Challenge

It is NEVER too late to join the WISH Biggest Loser 7 Challenge. To join the challenge PM or email your initial weight to me, the weight keeper. My email is brenda@kbelectric.biz. If using email please include your DIS name. Report your weight in pounds ie xxx or xxx.x.

That is all that is needed to join the challenge. The next post will offer BL7 FAQ.

Our WISH Biggest Loser 7 Challenge runs from Friday January 2 until Friday March 27. Each Tuesday starting January 13 our weekly Biggest Losers will be recognized. Our final results will be posted Tuesday, March 31, the date of the season finale of the NBC television show.

As usual you do not have to watch the TV show to be a part of our challenge. No one is ever voted off our challenge. After three weeks of not reporting your weight to the weight keeper you are removed from the challenge but if you decide to rejoin you are welcomed with open arms.

The purpose of the WISH Biggest Loser 7 Challenge is to help you on your weight loss journey. The challenge forces you to be accountable. Each week you will report your weight to the weight keeper (me). I am the only person that will know your weight. Your weight will never be published for anyone to see.

On our BL7 thread we encourage and support each other. We celebrate those small victories and offer advice to help each other meet the weight loss challenges we face. We get to know each other. We laugh together and we cry together. BL7 can be your weight loss support system.

You will get out of this challenge what you put into it. If you get serious and use this program it CAN and WILL help you lose weight. As you make choices during the day consider what your fellow losers would do. They would say no to the doughnut at the office but they would find time to get some exercise even if they are tired after a long day. Losing weight is not a 'quick fix'. It takes time, commitment, and lots of hard work. BL7 is here to help you.

Our WISH Biggest Loser 7 Challenge will be a little different from our previous challenges.

* There will be no teams this time.
* There will one mega-thread for the entire 13 week challenge.
* We will not have team captains but will have a different 'coach' each week. They will serve as hostess on the BL7 thread, post questions of the day, acknowledge posters, post mini-challenges and offer encouragement. Some coaches may serve for a second week later in the challenge.

Some things will remain the same.

* I will serve again as the weight keeper.
* Raenstoirm will be our COW (Challenge of the Week) coach. Weekly challenge will encourage us to develop healthy habits for our bodies and souls.
* We will laugh together, we will cry together and a few of us will finish the 13 week challenge together, hopefully weighing less than when we started.

Let's review the three components of our WISH Biggest Loser challenge

The weight report
* Your weight report is due each Friday.
* You may PM or email your report. My email is brenda@kbelectric.biz. If using email please include your DIS name.
* Report your weigh in pounds ie xxx or xxx.x.
* Carefully review your weight before you send your message to me. PLEASE make sure the weight is typed correctly. Is that 166 or 156? Are you at 174 or 177? Misspelling is forgivable, typos happen, let's just make sure they don't happen with those numbers in your weight.
* Weight reports are required to remain in the challenge. After three weeks of no reports you are dropped from the challenge. After being dropped from the challenge you may return by reporting your current weight.

The COW
* Raenstoirm will post the challenge of the week on our BL7 thread.
* Not every week will involve a challenge.
* Participation in the weekly challenge is optional.
* Each challenge will clearly state a beginning date, ending date, and date your points total is due.
* Each challenge will include tasks to preform and point values awarded for accomplishing the tasks.
* It is helpful to print the challenge tasks to refer to throughout the week.
* Points totals may be PMed to Raenstorim or emailed to ferretfeet@gmail.com. If using email please include your DIS name.
* Rainstoirm will recognize on our BL7 thread those earning the top point totals.

The Biggest Loser 7 thread
* One mega-thread will run for the entire challenge.
* Participation on the thread is optional.
* Each week a new 'coach' will serve as hostess on our BL7 thread. Their duties include posting questions of the day, acknowledging posters, posting mini-challenges and offering encouragement. Some coaches may serve for a second week later in the challenge. If you are interested in serving as a coach please PM or email me.

OK losers. I hope that answers most questions. If you have any more contact me or post them here. I will be updating our BL sticky later.

Today I have a busy day. DS23 has been home for Christmas but flies back to college with his wife this evening. We will be on the road a total of 5 hours traveling to and from the airport in Philadelphia so my DIS time will be limited today.

Friday Question of the Day - What is your specific measurable goal for this 12 week challenge?

By March 27 I will lose at least 20 pounds. It helps to put a goal in writing. That is part of this challenge to be accountable. I need to be accountable for that goal. Your goal doesn't have to be pounds. It can be inches, clothes sizes, habits developed, or something else. What will you accomplish in 12 weeks?

Have a healthy day!

I'm so excited and ready for this :)
I'll be weighing in on Saturday since I'm at my mom's house with no scale. I'm flying home tomorrow so I won't be home till late. I'd rather weigh on Saturday morning so I have a morning weight to start with. I'm actually scared to see how much I've gained since I left my home on Monday 12/22. But- I find that facing the scale and owning it is the best way to get back on track. So Saturday morning I will be stepping on that scale and owning whatever that ugly number is. It will be the last time I see that number.

I'm a little nervous that tomorrow will be difficult with food. I will get up and have some Kashi with skim milk before I leave my mom's house. Our flight is at 11:15am and we have to drop off the rental car. We will most likely leave here at 8am, and hopefully DH will be up to stopping at a grocery store so I can grab a few protein bars. I have one Cliff Nectar bar to eat as a snack, but I need something with some protein to count as my lunch. Then DH said he would stop at Chik-fil-A tomorrow on our way home so I can grab a grilled chicken sandwich. No doubt better than most options they will choose for themselves. My goal is to reach the evening with the right amount of calories and not eating anything that is bad for me.

Looking forward to this journey with everyone. Happy New Year and Happy New US!!!

Friday Question of the Day - What is your specific measurable goal for this 12 week challenge?

My goal is to lose 15 pounds by the end of the challenge. My only real big block will be when I go to WDW for my DD16 (OMG she will be 17 when we go, lol) High School Cheer Squad cheerleading competition. We leave Friday night 3/20 and return Tuesday 3/24. Its right at the end of the challenge, so hopefully I'm doing so good I won't dare dream of ruining it. My hope is that I can scour the menu's and pick a bunch of places with items that will work for me. I plan on brining my calorie counter and really working hard to stay on track. I can do it and it's only 4 days. Also we don't leave until 6pm on 3/20 so that day is not bad anyway. I'll also bring breakfast bars for the room so I'm not tempted to stray in the mornings. I'll drink only water or tea with no sugar. I'll also try to eat vegetarian or fish only - that should really keep my calories down and try not to indulge in desserts unless I hit BOMA's, lol. But then I will have 1 zebra dome only. So that is my plan - I sure hope I can do it. I know I can, I just have to stay strong. My biggest fear is the times we will be at the Wide World of Sports - I'm afraid of what they serve there, although hopefully we will just be there for a short time on Saturday and Sunday - but I have no idea how many teams they are competing against, times they will be competing and when the awards ceremony's are on Sunday.

I decided to join in to, this looks like it will really help keep me motivated. My goal it to loose 24lbs by the end of the challenge.

I will be following the weight watchers points system as this has worked well for me in the past. I also plan to make sure I excersie for at least 30 minutes per day (hopefully the various wii fitness things i have will keep me going.) I really hope I can stay motivated this time and stick with this!!

I am going to keep my goal low since I have not been too succesful with the last couple of challenges.

I am hoping to lose 12 pounds. I hope it is more but I would be happy with that as a start.

Good Luck everyone. Let's all have a successful journey together.

Yaaaaa, we have started. I PM'd you my weight.

My goal is to lose 25 pds by the end of the challenge. Basically 2pds per week.

I am keeping it simple. Eatting smaller portions, making better choices and moving a whole lot more.

Diets don't work for me, the minute you tell me I can't have something, I want it more then ever, so not eliminating anything just cutting back.

I have a 1/2 marathon that I am walking in a week:scared1: and I did not lose the weight I wanted to for this. I have another one planned for Disney the Princess and I want to be much better trainned for this one and also carry around alot less of me.

PD to you all:thumbsup2

My goal during the course of this challenge is to get myself moving again, and off all that sugar! I apologized in advance to my DH, as I may be cranky these first few days without the sugar. If I am successful with these two things, the weight will come off.

I hope to lose 30 pound by the end of the challenge.

Just PM'd my starting weight, glad it is time for the challenge again. I have hung in there over the holidays, not much of a loss but no gain. I'm making out our meal list for next week so I can plan healthy and get to the store.

I am not going to set a weight loss goal for this challenge...I have found in the past when I say I want to lose x by a certain date and then I don't, I get frustrated and discouraged. My focus again for this challenge is to continue eating healthier (more fresh fruits/veggies, less fried foods), smaller portions, drinking plenty of water and to continue getting my walking in. I am going to begin doing some floor exercises (crunches, sit-ups, push-ups) this time around also.

This is going to be an awesome challenge, glad to see so many are joining us!!!

I am going to do Weight Watchers. Starting with the online only. If I have "motivation" issues I might go back to meetings.

My biggest challenge is travel. I have two weeks out of town this month and the ENTIRE month of Febuary out of town! It's hard to "stay on track" without a kitchen etc...

I know I am a slow loser and combined with the travel..... I am going to aim for 12 pounds. That's a pound a week.

I am also going to aim for 90% complaince on my Weight Watcher's tracking! Witht the travel I slip sometimes :)

Good luck to all!

Good morning fellow losers!! This is a great day to get back on track after the holidays. We can do it!!

Friday Question of the Day - What is your specific measurable goal for this 12 week challenge? I am usually a very slow loser, but my weight goal for this challenge is to lose the 15 pounds that I regained this past year, and to keep them off this time. The new year tends to be a good time for me to lose weight and stay on program, so though it's a big goal for me, I think, no, I know I can do it! I also am committing to exercising at least 5 days a week, either 30 or 60 minutes. I like to get up early and do a walk away the pounds video before my son is up, and then I start the day on a healthier note, and it's easier to eat better. I had stopped the exercise late last spring, and that's when the weight came right back on, so I know exercise is key for me now.

Have a wonderful, losing day everyone!!

Kathy, That is what has happened to me. The minute I no longer exercise the weight comes back on.

I am so excited to be joining again.

My goal is to lose 30 lbs this challenge. I joined the YMCA and plan to at least work out 3 times a week and stick to my diet.

I am doing a two week carb detox this week to get me back on track from the holidays.

Good luck all you losers!!!

Good morning, everyone! I have pm'd my initial weight, and have done a few minutes on the Wii Fit.

Brenda, safe travels today.

My specific goals for the challenge is to focus on what (and how much!) I am eating each day. Whether I get back to journalling my food or not, I don't know, but even being aware of what is going in will be my focus. My (measurable) weight goal is to lose a little more than I did the last time I was on a BL thread. That was 5 pounds. :rolleyes1 So, 5.5 lbs, and I will have been successful. ::yes:: Oh, and I signed up for the January exercise thread. Again, I lowballed somewhat at 700, but that is a realistic goal that will stretch me. I know that it is only 22.5 minutes a day, but . . . .

Have a great weekend everyone. We are on our weigh!

I hope to lose 15-20 lbs in the next 12 weeks (I'm a range kind of gal!). But just as important, I also hope to lose 2-3 inches in my waist and to develop better exercise habits (I tend to hibernate in Illinois winters and belong in Florida instead!)

Good luck to everyone! Now, lets rock n roll!:rockband:

Woo hoo - we started! :cool1: My goal is to lose 25 pounds by the end of the challenge...I will do it by walking 6 days out of 7 and WW points system :thumbsup2

MelanieC - have you "found" the cheer mom thread on the dis? There are quite a few disers going to that comp as well.:cheer2:

FWIW - I just saw on the news that you should really cut back on diet drinks because they do something to your metabolism that makes you think you're not full.

Hello all!

I have been doing Weight Watchers since February of last year, and lost about 52 pounds between February and November. Around November, things started to get really tough at work, and I fell off the wagon a little... then I got laid off, and fell off the wagon a little more. Then it was the holidays... you know the story! I credit the habits I picked up on Weight Watchers for keeping me from gaining any weight during that time - even though I wasn't losing.

I intend to return to my more committed Weight Watcher ways now that it's the New Year.

I have just purchased a BodyBugg (you know, that armband gadget from the TV Biggest Loser) and my goal is to burn more calories each day than I eat. Hopefully a lot more (enough to lose a pound or two a week) but my official goal is just "more."

I just got home from work this morning and did my weigh in for the day. I'm using the Wii fit to track my weight so I can see my progress, and hopefully it will keep me motivated!

My goal for the 12 week challenge is to lose 15 pounds. I've been stuck at the heaviest weight of my life for many months now, so 15 pounds would be a great loss for me!

I'm concentrating on eating lots of fruits and veggies, and decreasing portion sizes of everything else. We leave for Disney in 15 days :cool1: so I'm going to try really hard to get my new lifestyle going NOW and stick with it on vacation!

Good luck everybody!:grouphug:

Happy Friday morning everyone! so excited that our challenge is underway! I gained a bit back after the end of our other challenge and now is the time to get the holiday weight off AND loose more weight.

My goal for these 12 weeks is to loose 25# AND to not eat at Mcdonalds. I am giving up McDonalds for 100 days so I can get a jumpstart. It is my big weakness.

jennz, do you remember what news station you were watching regarding the soda? I would love to see that info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter