Welcome to the YaYa's: YYotC at Castaway Cay Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dizneenut

PINK is my signature color
Morning!

Had alot of fun hanging with our friends. Got home really late, though. I decided to stay home from church (with the kids) and Junior went by himself. I am not feeling too hot. I have a sore throat and just feel like I have zero energy. :rolleyes1

Suzanne, sorry about the friend dilema. Glad the guys had fun at Monster Jam. We went to one years ago and it was alot of fun.

Elaine, sounds like a nice relaxing day for you yesterday. No, the Heather Wells mysteries are not scary at all. They really are good. ::yes::

Hi y'all! Went to church and then saw "Blood Diamond" after. I've been wanting to see it for some time and finally decided to do it today. Cold and snowy out so seemed like a good day. I can't believe I am saying this but both the guys in it really were easy on the eye. Put a little facial hair on Leo and he's not bad at all ;)

blood-diamond-2006.jpg

Suzanne, glad to hear that the show was a hit! I hope they'll enjoy it again next year! As for your friend, I will speak as one without kids... never makes a difference if someone has kids or not. The only thing that actually peeves me is that friends with kids seem to drop us since we don't have them. I've never dreamed of doing it the other way. I'm always wanting and willing to hang out with the kids or without. Doesn't matter to me. So truly I've not been on the ohter end of the stick... if I don't have a kid I am a nobody and not worth the time. I already see it happening with another friend of mine... been that way since she was pregnant really.
ANywho my thought is that some people are just that way. If you aren't like them they don't want a thing to do with you.

Sherry, I do hope you are feeling better soon. Glad you had fun last night though. I will check out that series since you said it wasn't scary. Sounds like it could be a fun read!

hi gang,

been lazying around today!!

Had fun at the Melting Pot last night, but we ended up sending mom to pick up Ethan because he was screaming at my brother's house and refused to calm down. By the time mom got there to get him he had calmed down but we knew he would flip as soon as she left so she brought him to dinner. He was great the whole night! They were hovering over us to leave since we were hanging out so long.

Suzanne...I think your friend is just being a pita. I didn't drop my kidless friends when I had kids and they didn't drop me. Must not be real friendship on their end. I say sionara!! Sorry they are being that way.

Elaine...glad you liked the movie. Leo has gotten better since he has aged some. I was never a big Leo fan....wasn't a Brad Pitt fan either but they have both improved with age (theirs and mine!)

Sherry...we've got the same sore throat and tired feeling here. I feel like I'm coming down with a cold. But i don't have time for it!

Gotta find some dinner...probably smeone who delivers!! heheheheh

Back later!
tara

I'm back...strange day at work, but then again, that seems to happen a lot on Sundays. :confused3

Thanks for the input on the situation. I treat others the way I'd want to be treated, so it really bothers me when this is the outcome. I agree, Tara, I don't think at this point I can get past the hurt. Third party also is on the cusp, as I usually only seem to hear from her when she needs a favor, never a 'What are you up to? Wanna do..." call.

I'm solidly in the camp that Lainey's in-didn't matter what your status was, if we have fun together then that's all that matters. I suppose I may be hyper sensitive to it all as a special needs mom. I'm just at that screw it all stage now and will shut myself off more. Sorry I vented so much on this-it's the end of the complaining about it. Not worth stewing over people who don't feel I'm worth the effort.

In other news, got to talk to Dave, the friend down from NY. He will drive over from St.Augustine on Wednesday to get here in time to meet up when Ed gets off from work and they'll hang out until I get home at 6:30. I think that made me feel better-that there are people that feel that we're worth making the drive across the state! ;)

Tara, yummy Melting Pot. Can't wait to get back there. Bravo to Ethan for cooperating! :thumbsup2

Sherry, hope you feel better and got some rest today.

Lainey, good deal on liking the movie. Neither Leo or Brad do anything for me, but if it's a good storyline, count me in!

gotta be up at 5am, so I'll catch you tomorrow evening!

Suzanne

Quick good morning!
I was hoping for a snow day, but no dice. :rolleyes1 I swear we have to have a blizzard in order to get our district to cancel school. :furious:

Morning everyone! Didn't want to get up today, considered 'feeling' sick;)

Busy weekend, but for the most part not too bad. My Youth enjoyed the event on Saturday. I will be with them again this Saturday, Winterfest Concert.

Karen...Happy Belated B-day!

Suzanne...I think it truly depends on the individuals when it comes to getting together with or without kids. We try to have sitters when getting with some our non-kid friends, but that can be difficult at times. We have other friends who insist on us bringing the girls. Glad you are going to be able to get with Dave.

Going to get to work and try to stay awake.

Have a terrific week everyone.

Good morning gang,

no snow here! Damn North Carolinians stole our snow! Some places got an inch of snow and got to stay home today...i'm :furious: :teeth:

Think I've got a full fledged cold now...sore itchy throat (and forgot one of the 12 bags of cough drops I have at home :rolleyes: ) Head feels like someone is squeezing off the oxygen! Should make for an interesting day here!

Anyway, off to do some work...or at least look like i'm working!!

tara

Tara, I hope you feel better today. It is your birthday and all ;)
So Happy Birthday to you!!!!!
Glad you had fun at Melting Pot as well. It has been a while since we've gone. I admit I am not a big Leo fan or Brad fan either. They aren't bad, but I don't drool over them. Leo did build up a decent body though :p Dijimon Hounsou is a looker too!

Suzanne, I hope you take this the right way, but I never thought of you having a "special needs child" I realize that he is in reality, but I remember having fun with all of you at WDW! I personally like kids though, and don't see the need to push them out of sight/out of mind when hanging out with friends. I am sorry if that has happened though. Have fun with the friend who is coming to visit! Glad he'll get to spend some time with y'all!

Sherry, I think we need a blizzard here too to cancel school. I think I had maybe 4 total my whole of HS. We did get itme off when it was like -30° though my junior year of HS.

Amanda, it's the hibernation thing. I have had a few days lately where I just didn't want to get up and moving either!

Not much going on today. have some cleaning to do... such is life...

Hi everyone....

Sorry that I was MIA this weekend - but here to report it was all for fun reasons!!

Friday night made spaghetti and meatballs - Alyssa and boyfriend made bread to go with it - we ate late then watched "Beerfest"....not exactly intellectually stimulating but good for a few laughs :happytv: and just the fact that we were watching it together works for me. Jeffrey let me sleep late on Saturday - then he and I - Alyssa and Chris had a family field trip to the car show :car: and out to dinner - it was really fun - we all picked our favorite cars - mien was the Dodge Charger - Jeffrey (who sat in several cars that were way to small for him) chose the Corvette - Alyssa chose the Ford Ranger Pickup and Chris....well let just say that he was dissapointed that there weren't enough "high-end cars" - but he did make up laugh by tuning the car radios to his IPOD then turning them off remotely when other people got in the cars!! haha. Man this kids knows everything about cars - we were looking at a concept car and he pulls out his IPOD and shows me a picture of the same car so I could see that the doors open at a vertical angle. Over all a very good day - came home and Alyssa had friends over and again all of us watched a movie....this time "Texas Chain Saw Massacre/The Beginning" :eek: (insert here the fact that my kids know my NETFLIX password"...haha.
Yesterday Jeffrey and I worked - after work I went to Target and Starbucks (had a yummy white chocolate mocha frappachino) :thumbsup2 with Alyssa and her girlfriend for supplies for her dorm. Jeffrey got home around 6:30 - we sat and talked for a while....Tara - he's definitely up for a trip to Norfolk in April !!
Again another movie...."Employee of the Month"....no comment....:rolleyes1

Chris' recruiter is coming tonite to meet with the 3 of us - Jeffrey and I have decided that we are making this decision for him - and to save him....we both feel good about this. Have to say that we have really "tightened the reins" and even if Chris is just humoring us he is going alone with everything - home early - checking in - etc - all good.pixiedust:

Suzanne - to comment on your "friends" dilemma.....:flower3: we are mostly friends and hang out with Jeffrey's brothers and their wives ...we do have 1 set of good friends (my college roomate and husband) who are Alyssa's godparents -they are parents to 2 special needs kids - we don't see them as often as we'd like but kids are always welcome - I will say we were friendly for a time with one of Alyssa's girlfriends mom after her divorce - the girls were friends for years but we never socialized with the parents as a couple.....someday I will tell you about the trip the 6 of us took to WDW..... :( lets just say the other mom wanted to run the show and I barely saw my husband and son all week - the girls friendship hit some rocky spots and ended about 2 years ago - the mom re-married and moved out of state. I agree with everyone - I think some parameters of a friendship can change if there are kids but ....a true friend is just that. (count me in as one of yours!).:hyper2:

OK - still in my jammies - gotta get moving.....:teleport: more later.

Sorry for the lame ketchup.....hugs all around.:grouphug:

*** when - good thing I previewed and saw Elaine's post before submitting..
party: :bday: party: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TARA!!

Alan, you big on picture posts, eh? I suspect that it's easier than typing out words :duck:

As for Arthur Dent, you should get Ed this shirt http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts/generic/68e2/

At least I didn't post a link to make someone work harder. :snooty:

if it's a good storyline, count me in!
we ate late then watched "Beerfest".... again all of us watched a movie....this time "Texas Chain Saw Massacre/The Beginning" :eek:
Again another movie...."Employee of the Month"....no comment....:rolleyes1

The two of you need to get together for movie night ::yes::

Happy belated birthday to Karen and

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TARA
tarascake.jpg

As for your gift, I'll give a variety pack

chapstick_enlarge.jpg

Just toss out the ones with sunscreen!

Hi All!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TIARA!
:flower3:

No time, leaving for doc appt. in 30 min. Take care all and stay warm!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TARA!!! Sorry your snow got stolen. I'll share mine with you. :teeth:

:lmao: Alan.

Paula, sounds like a great weekend. :)

Elaine, we really didn't get THAT much snow, but it is freezing, so I was hoping they'd at least let the kids stay home. I don't think we'll end up with a snow day this year at this rate. :rolleyes1

Gotta go check on the beans.

:moped:

Hey gang,

Thanks for the birthday wishes and the cake!! I think I'll hold off on the chapstick for a bit longer!! hehehe

Been a good day so far, the kids havne't been too bad today...we'll see how tutoring goes this afternoon!

I need to set up their computer program so we can begin today...it's great I can tutor without having to write a lesson plan!

Off to look like I'm working!!

tara

It was cold enough Saturday that I almost had to wear a jacket to the zoo, but fortunately I had a sweatshirt. :rolleyes1

It was cold enough Saturday that I almost had to wear a jacket to the zoo, but fortunately I had a sweatshirt. :rolleyes1

As I tell my closest of friends....YOU SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back later!! Going bowling now!
tara

Lucky you, Alan. Its been bitter cold here. :cold:

Tara, glad your having a good day. :)

Nephew didn't come today so I had a break. It was really nice. :teeth:

Oh I did that... then again it was about 15-20° when I did that too. You wee girl ;)

Tara, I hope you enjoy the night out bowling!!! I hope you have a good cake for tongiht though!

Sherry, I don't think we'll get a snow day either. It hasn't been cold enough... and we haven't seen enough. Fortunately I think the snow melted off of our roof so they can inspect it for hail damage tomorrow.

Paula, sounds like you all had a fun weekend! I'm not sure our auto show will be here until March. I love it though... I'm so practical that I keep going to boring cars. The Charger is nice though... my cousin has one in orange and my friend has one in black.

Rose Mary, how did the doc go?

Picking up a friend's kid tonight for them and dropping htem off at home on my way to knitting... so tired though, I just want to stay in!

Tara...HAPPY BIRTHDAY! What were you doing working today????? Birthdays are 'holidays'.

It is way to cold here. I just keep reminding myself we need it or the insects will be awful this summer. Gotta think positive.

Tonight is my only free night this week...so I am just vegging. I had a headache at work, but once home and I took meds it is better. The girls are working on making it return.

Have a terrific evening everyone!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUZY CHAPSTICK!!!!!!!!!! :flower3: party: party: :cake: party: party: :banana:

And what the heck - it's your birthday, here's a couple of :goodvibes :cloud9: :goodvibes :cloud9: too!!:rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter