Welcome us home - I'm no longer "lurking!" (long)

SleepyatDVC

DIS Veteran
I got a serious case of the vacation planning bug when I was pregnant with our second daughter. :pinkbounc Made reservations at the HRH and the Dolphin for Nov/Dec and spent lots of time reading the posts at the DIS boards - esp. the DVC in anticipation of my much needed getaway.

I knew about DVC before - I have an aunt that bought in during the presale. But we never thought to buy ourselves. My parents have a timeshare that we use to exchange into Orlando. But after reading all your informative posts and having all my questions answered without even asking them, I decided that this was for us!:D

My dh gave me jewelry when I gave birth to our first daughter. I told him I rather have DVC points than diamonds this time!;) He replied that diamonds would be much cheaper! Not to mention that DVC would be the gift that keeps on SPENDING! ha, ha...

But he didn't need much convincing. :bounce: :bounce: Now that our family was growing he knew we would be going to the World even more. My 2 1/2 dd has been down twice already. He was impressed with the fact that DVC has been holding its value in resales. He told me to go for it! Yeah!

Well, since then I had my beautiful baby girl on 4/16 :D and closed on an OKW resale 11 days later and a BW resale 2 weeks after that. I knew resales were the only way to go since we were not financing and I wasn't too crazy about VWL. I booked our Nov/Dec trip on points and cancelled our hotel reservations!

Can't wait to go home - thanks to everyone on this board!

You did the right thing. I wish we had bought when my first child was 2 1/2! What wonderful memories you will be living with your children. Congratulations! :pinkbounc :pinkbounc

Welcome Home! What a smart mommy. ;) I hope your family has many many happy trips to WDW.

WELCOME HOME & Congratulations on your newest family addition!!!

WELCOME HOME Grace!!! I am sure you that you realize that this will be the very best purchase ever...next to those diamonds of course! ;) LOL!!

A new baby and DVC! It doesn't get much better than that now does it? Congrats on both your purchase and your new baby girl and WELCOME HOME.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter