well, darn.

daisyx3

DIS Veteran
This morning right when 8am clicked on my atomic clock I clicked on a 1BR lake view at GF (today is 7months). It said it wasn't 8 yet. So I did it again....unable to process..did it again...it was gone. Only standard.
I booked BLT 1 BR theme park, which I've never had, but still a little bummed. I will keep checking but I am a little salty I waited until 8AM on the dot and the system wasn't ready. Should have waited a second or two.
I know they say "buy where you want to stay" but when I bought in 2008 all they were selling was SSR and I didn't know any better about resale. Plus I want to stay everywhere! I can't imagine staying at SSR every time.

What I have started doing is to login about 10 minutes ahead of time and get to the search results screen narrowed down to the resort(s) you want. Then when my watch buzzes at 8:00 I hit reload and then book. If I don't reload manually it often think it isn't 8:00 yet......

Just be sure to not login too early or a reload will force you to login again and start ALL over again.

This morning right when 8am clicked on my atomic clock I clicked on a 1BR lake view at GF (today is 7months). It said it wasn't 8 yet. So I did it again....unable to process..did it again...it was gone. Only standard.
I booked BLT 1 BR theme park, which I've never had, but still a little bummed. I will keep checking but I am a little salty I waited until 8AM on the dot and the system wasn't ready. Should have waited a second or two.
I know they say "buy where you want to stay" but when I bought in 2008 all they were selling was SSR and I didn't know any better about resale. Plus I want to stay everywhere! I can't imagine staying at SSR every time.
I got dwarves this morning, then "no resorts"...

I own at VGF and I prefer staying in standard views there, the standard views are as nice as the water views IMO and the fewer points I use per night the more nights I can stay, so I would have been thrilled to get a standard view 1 br. there at 7 months, in fact I’m relieved when I manage to grab a standard 1 br. for early Dec. at 11 months!

Is it 8 AM central time zone that you can book at 7 months? I will be doing this tomorrow and didn’t know what time I can modify at 7 Months.

I think the system was glitching this morning. I booked our room right at 8, then the site crashed. The booking did go through though.

I called Member Services at exactly 8am Central last week and was on hold about 30 minutes.

I own at VGF and I prefer staying in standard views there, the standard views are as nice as the water views IMO and the fewer points I use per night the more nights I can stay, so I would have been thrilled to get a standard view 1 br. there at 7 months, in fact I’m relieved when I manage to grab a standard 1 br. for early Dec. at 11 months!
An important aspect of VGF Standard View rooms is the sun.

We enjoy coffee on the balcony, and the morning sun for Lake View rooms is blinding (and hot in the summer).

We much prefer Standard View rooms, which mostly remain shaded in the morning.

Last edited:
An important aspect of VGF Standard View rooms is the sun.

We enjoy coffee on the deck, and the morning sun for Lake View rooms is blinding (and hot in the summer).

We much prefer Standard View rooms, which mostly remain shaded in the morning.
I completely agree with this. The sun is brutal in the morning. I like to eat breakfast on the patio. Had to wear sunglasses and hide behind a support post to block the sun. It is that strong. I will say that the shades do a fantastic job of blocking the sun from going in the rooms. In the evening the view is great.

The room I have been eyeing for the last fews days disappeared this morning. I have a feeling someone is walking it. I wait listed so hopefully I will get it tomorrow or when the person is done walking. Is Memorial weekend busy? I am trying to book beach club or boardwalk and they are both available starting on Memorial day but not the Sunday. Tomorrow I can shift my vacation to start on the Monday so I am hoping it will be available tomorrow.

I have the points to book a LV but LOVE standard and LOVE when I get a monorail view! I can book a hotel anywhere and request water view but only at Disney can I warch the monorail go by and into the GF main building. I can watch that all day lol

Put a WL in and stalk and maybe over the next few days or this week owners at GF will want to change too. We alao own at SSR and purchased resale in 2007 at $67 for two 210 contracts, same UY for 420 points. We love sleeping around but also love SSR. We just stayed last November in a GV for our 30th with two other couples and love to be able to walk to bars and restaurants at night without Disney transporation.

The upgrades are beautiful.

Enjoy your trip!

I have the points to book a LV but LOVE standard and LOVE when I get a monorail view! I can book a hotel anywhere and request water view but only at Disney can I warch the monorail go by and into the GF main building. I can watch that all day lol
SO much this. Between what we consider a chance at a better view (for us) as well as lower points, we always get standard view at VGF when we can.

Also from spending the last year Playstation 5-hunting, I feel OP's pain.

In most parts of the world, this sentence would be incomprehensible. Here...we all understand.:grouphug: :earboy2:

So True! We can all sympathize. I'm really surprised that the 1 BR lake views were gone that quickly-the standard views seem to be more popular at VGF, and 1 BRs tend to be last to get booked. But the lake views ARE beautiful, and I think, well worth it. So sorry for you.

I booked a standard view VGF 1 bed last weekend for May.
The points glut is making booking more difficult at the mo- should ease 2023.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter