Well done Pete...and welcome back..

Welcome back Pete! :goodvibes

Thanks for letting us in on such a private area of your life and struggle. Sharing your story might just be an encouragement to someone that has been struggling also! :hug:

So many of us have been in situations like this, either ourselves or our family members, and it is TRULY inspiring to hear that you are seeking treatment, owning your addiction, and taking recovery seriously. I wish more folks who struggle with addiction could be as brave. Best of luck to you, and welcome back. We will be patient while you are doing your outpatient recovery.

Welcome back Pete! I'm so glad to hear your doing great and have taken this step to better the health of your mind and body. You were greatly missed, it's just not the same without you. :hug: I, and I'm sure other listeners feel the same way, am very impressed with your candor about your situation. Addiction runs rampant in both sides of my family and it's refreshing to hear honesty when it comes to that subject. Keep it up and I only wish you the best, even though you will be greatly missed when you are away. :goodvibes Great to hear your lovely voice on air again. :surfweb:

~Megan

It is so true that the "powers" are diminished when one is missing.

Pete I LOVED your rant and missed them sssooo much! You're right on target in all aspects of the company.

Great to have you back!

Thanks for sharing!

We all care about you very much. :grouphug:

Welcome back, Pete! As much as you were missed, now hearing the reason, I am glad you were gone. :thumbsup2 You should be proud of the progress you have made and I wish you continued success in the months ahead.
:grouphug:

Keep up the good work Pete. :hug: You have lots of people cheering you on. :cheer2: We are very proud of you.:thumbsup2

Pete, it's great to have you back. I think it's great that you are getting the help you need to overcome your addiction. You have my deepest respect. Thank you for putting it out there to show that where there's a will, there's a way.

However, I do suspect that we won't be getting any weather updates for the first part of the winter as you will be suffering along with the rest of us Northerners til nearly February! ;) I wish Chicago were as proactive about the cold weather with tunnels and walkways like Minneapolis.

I wish you and Walter all the best! See you in May!

Pete-
I am so proud of you! And I so appreciate your honesty and openness to all of us who care about you. And, what a surprise to come home to a great new space! Great job, Walter!

BTW, You sound GREAT!!!!!! Glad to have you back!:goodvibes

Pete -

As everyone else has said, welcome home and we are so proud of you.

I must comment though that as I listened to you explain your absence this morning the one thing that kept coming to me was "Wow, he sounds so happy".. You can hear it in your voice!! Congratulations on the hard work you did to get the happiness back and I hope it stays with you for a very long time.

The 2nd thing that came to mind was how the hell will he handle the winter weather. Can't wait to hear the rant on that!!!

Welcome back and congrats again

Pete -
Way to blow that second A off the big book.
Thanks for making cry at work...
After hearing some of your recent rants, I really thought you went somewhere to work on anger management!! Listening to your story so far made me a little emotional. It was obvious from what the deck and clean house how much you are loved there. I appreciate that you told your extend podcast family. Gettting Sober isn't always easy but staying sober can be. And with all the support you have it might be easier this time. Have fun trudging the road of happy destiny.
Glad your Back

P.S. I know you're not supposed to say anything, but you can us, was Lindsey Lohan there?

Welcome Home Pete! It's great to have you back!:goodvibes :hug:

just wanted o echo the throughts and sentiments of everyone else. it so good to have you back and thank you for your honesty in explaining where you have been. I think you are a very brave and couragous man to not only face up to your issues but to go and do something about them.

my thoughts and prayers are with you on your continued journey.

Welcome back Pete! Thank you for your candor and honesty, it just proves the type of person you are. As does what you've done. You have always given it to us straight, as it is, whether it's what we want to hear or not. Your honor and integrity are superb. Thank you. And stay out of the d@mn lakes!

Great to hear you back Pete!

I have only listened to about the first 15 minutes or so, so far, but I immediately noticed how 'light' you sounded. I was making a mental note even before you stared talking about where you had been.

Good for you in getting help and how very strong of you to talk about it on the show. You will be in my thoughts. Stay strong!

--Daneen

It was great to hear you today, Pete! :yay: :yay: Glad to have you back, and I really respect your doing what you needed to do while you were away. Looking forward to more rants and to hearing about the MN winter!!

WTG Pete! That's so awesome that 1) you're so open and honest about your difficulties and overcoming them and 2) you are obviously surrounded by a family (I don't think it would do them justice to call the Roundtable "friends") that love you and only want the best for you!

I, along, with other posters also noticed the difference in your voice! It sounded like a weight has been lifted from your shoulders!

The University of Minnesota was my dream grad school back in the day. I wish I could've gone there.....good luck with the cold weather!

As others ave said it's great to have you back and thanks for being so open with us :cool1:

You DO sound better, I wish you all the best over the next few months.

Also to anyone else out there dealing with an addiction I hope having Pete as an example may help you too (including myself who really needs to give up smoking - I know it isn't in the same league as alcoholism)

As the Wildcats say 'we're all in this together' :cheer2:

Hope to see you in Dec. Pete :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter