• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Well, we’re here…first meal at Boathouse

Tinkaboo

DIS Veteran
I had texted them before arriving about my food issues and even made up my little placard. I wanted the filet mignon sliders. Took over an hour to get our food..is this the new normal? I don’t eat out much at home because of my food choices are so limited, I just prefer to eat at home knowing what is in my food.

After much back and forth, they said they would fix them to suit my needs,bwhich really weren’t that involved - no garlic butter on meat, no salt on fries. First of all, there was noway that meat was filet mignon, it was like shoe leather,dry, way over cooked. So disappointing. Especially after latest in allday due to travel. Bad day for me.

so, I don’t really care..I’m just ordering off kids menu and it’ll be a week of Mac and cheese, chicken fingers and maybe a burger. Good thing I’m not food centric..

Not blaming anything on the Boathouse nor chef or server…all was good. There were just a ton of people in Disney Springs. With travel being hectic, just hard on menieres.

early to bed and off to HS in the morning!

I’m just ordering off kids menu and it’ll be a week of Mac and cheese, chicken fingers and maybe a burger. Good thing I’m not food centric..

Don’t give up on your meals yet. I don’t have food allergies, but Disney restaurants get almost all positive comments about accommodating them. Boathouse is NOT a Disney restaurant. They should certainly be able to work with food allergies. But they don’t necessarily have the same commitment that Disney run restaurants do to making sure guests are accommodated. I think you’ll have better luck with other restaurants.

And yea, Disney Springs is crazy crowded. We don’t go there very often because we don’t like the crowds either.

Last edited:
I’m sorry to hear they were not good about accommodating your allergy. They are on my no go list (food quality) but I know a lot of people love it. I am hoping the rest of your trip goes smoother and you can enjoy some stress free dining.

Last edited:

Unfortunately, it's DS on an already crowded weekend. Boathouse should have done better for you. Hopefully the rest of your trip will be better.

SECOND DAY-hurray! Prime Time Cafe came through! No regular mash but “smashed” which was fine, just done with peel on. I ordered side of Mac and cheese, too. DH and I split the fried chicken, ended up being 4 pieces (leg, thigh,wing and breast), I had leg and half breast, little bit of corn, and most of Mac. Worked out perfectly.

onward! QS tomorrow at DL before MVMCP.

Waiter was very attentive to my question/concerns, kudos to PTC!

My wife has a food allergy and virtually every restaurant even some quick service places were perfect. Great food with great flavor Except the Boathouse as well. A 10 day trip every single restaurant was super helpful. We asked before we ordered and they said no problem. It took forever and came out completely wrong. Then the manager came over, very nice, and informed us they couldn’t make what she wanted they didn’t have the proper ingredients. They were very nice but it would have been better had the server asked prior and we would have just went somewhere else. Very disappointing for my wife as we heard so many great things

Yes…I was disappointed…I did expect better but my hubby seemed to enjoy his grouper and firecracker shrimp…the jerk. :rotfl2:

I keep telling him, “enjoy it while you can, you may not be able to five years from now”.
someday you may be like me….🤪😂

I just am so thankful that I have the relationship wi5 food that I do, otherwise I’d be really sad and depressed. Now, I basically just eat for fuel. But it’s really crazy how your desires change as you age…I used to love cupcakes, now I can hardly eat one, but I’ll eat cookies anytime! Used to hate pie, now I love it, any kind. It’s weird….

I was there on Sunday as well and it was a zoo. I had the ny strip and it was just ok. A couple people in our group ordered tuna of which I had a few bites of and it was amazing. That place has a good vibe, so I can see its popularity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter