We're BAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!

Obi-Wan Pinobi

<font color=red>Jedi moderator who likes to live o
Hi, everyone!!

We got home late last night and had a GREAT time! I'll post more details about the trip later, but first wanted to say thanks for the all congrats on my success in Millionaire and to give everyone details.

The first time I got up there on Tuesday Lauri also placed in the top ten and the host commented on the smart family. All I know is that my heart was pounding, my stomach was in knots, and thought I was going to need a change in chothes soon. :p When I reached the 1000 level they showed the audience scores and Lauri was second, and then she was in the lead at the 32000 level!!! The host commented that Lauri was trying to kick me out of the hot seat. :)

I used my first lifeline on the third question, about the movie Absent Minded Professor. I had seen Flubber but not AMP and didn't know how close of a remake that was. My second lifeline was used on a question about crudites.

The 250,000 point question is burned into my mind. "Mark Badgley is known for what line of work?" The choices were fashion, architecture, photography, or medicine (fashion was the correct answer). I phoned a complete stranger, who guessed fashion, but they weren't positive. The host did remind me that I could walk away at the 125000 level (I was wearing a lanyard; maybe she guessed I collect pins? :D ), so I did.

The next day Lauri wanted to sleep in so she suggested I could go play Millionaire again at the first showing at 9:15. Well, guess what? About 9:45 Lauri got a call on her cell phone from me asking her how fast she could make it to MGM because I made it into the hot seat again, was at the 1000 level when the show ended, and was being carried over to the next show. Thank God for the Swan's awesome location and the boat service to MGM. :p

She made it in time (broke records doing so) and was greeted by an army of CMs asking if she was Matthew's wife. I made it up to the 250000 point question again. I used the 50/50 on another fashion question (Who was the Grandmother of Punk Fashion?). Unfortunately they didn't leave Coco Chanel as the wrong choice. I decided to chance it and guessed one of them (don't ask me the names; all I know is the one I guessed sounded French), but was wrong and went back down to the 32,000 level.

Later that day I made it again!! I was at the 32,000 level and the question was "What is the longest running Off-Broadway production in history?" I expected "Cats" but that didn't come up. I used my phone a stranger lifeline and the lady guessed "The Fantastiks," which was the correct answer but she wasn't certain. Something was telling me "Tony and Tina's Wedding" so I guessed that.

All total, I came away with a set of 12 pins up to 125000, a set of 10 pins up to 32000, a set of 5 pins up to 1000, 3 lanyards, 3 caps, 2 shirts, 2 CD-ROM versions of the game, and an addiction to the game.

And a new set of rules from Lauri on when to walk away. :p

And congrats to Lauri too! She kept making it into the top ten with me!! :bounce: :bounce: In fact, before I made it up there the third time, they showed the stats and she was #1!! She said if she made it up there she'd just go "ack" and fall off the chair. :)

I saw that, Jay. :D Thanks for passing along the link.

And, Jay ... I hope that wouldn't have been a Bronx cheer. :p :p

Hi Matt and Lauri well I would not have know any of the answers to the questions.

I kept begging John to go into the show. Well long story we never got to see it. I am really mad about that now.
Next time it will be the first thing we will do.
We each get a special thing to do and a special restaurant to eat at.
Sooooo mine is picked out.

Congrats again.. John and shirley

HI Guys! Glad to hear you had a great trip and enjoyed the game so much! Now we need a Disney Version! We'd all do well at that! Right?

Congrats Matt!!!! You did great....and sounds like you had a blast!!! I can't wait to play WWTBAM myself!

Welcome back!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: We missed you both!!

Leslie

Great job, Matt! When I was up there and they showed the top 10 at the 1,000 point level, my hubby was 2nd. :) However, he missed a question I had about the hope diamond and fell off the list. He was proud of how I did, and that's all that mattered. (But I secretly know he wants to get up there to beat me!) We are both addicted and I'm sure he'll make it in soon.

Dar :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter