We're Baaaaaaack..... from the Magic's Oct. 24-31, 2009 Eastern Cruise!!!!

I'm really enjoying your report and your pictures!!! I still haven't uploaded our pictures but when I do I'm going to try to post some on your TR thread as you asked for people to do!! Our pictures are not even close to being as good as yours though!! :)

Cool!!!!! Can't wait to see the pics. But hey, this isn't a contest; so I hope no one hesitates to post here. :cool1:

hey there:) luv the pics, my mom and I were on your cruise, we did'nt meet but im sure we crossed paths.

thanks for telling the port side story, can you believe after 4 cruises I still would have to ask which side was port side, lol it would make it so much easier for me if they said left or right, of course maybe i'd still get it wrong lol

Taken from our little boat, during our snorkeling excursion in St. Thomas. We definitely did NOT have anything close to a sail boat. We were in a speed boat; but it was actually pretty cool to go that fast on the open water; and bang up against the waves a little. The trip to our first snorkeling spot would've made an ocean in the pants of anyone scared of water. But it was fun though!!!!

And the snorkeling itself was just amazing!!! We visited 2 spots that were pretty close to each other. In the first area, we mainly just saw fish and coral. But it also had a shipwreck out there. The navy purposely sunk a ship; but I can't remember if the wreckage was just placed there, or if that's the spot they actually wrecked it. And in the second area, we got to see stingrays and sea turtles. I only saw one stingray, but I did see a few sea turtles. It was awesome to see the turtles swim to the surface for air, then go back to the bottom...... and just a few feet from you.

.....and I have to give it up to Mike & Mike, our tour guides during the excursion. They were just great!!!

From the cruise ship, to the downtown area, most people take either a taxi or a bus. But because I have the uncontrollable urge to photograph everything, I decided to turn the trip into a 40 minute walk. It was worth it though; it made for some pretty nice pics.

With this being my first time in St. Thomas, I was quite surprised to see wild roosters and wild iguanas. The first iguana I saw was HUGE!!!! So I'm glad they're pretty much scared of humans, because those things are crazy fast. And they're pretty creepy when they run.

Yes... they do drive on the wrong side of the road there.

There are some pretty nice alleyways is Downtown St. Thomas How often do you walk past an alley, and say "hmm.... let's go down there and have some lunch"?!?!?

And a word of advice when walking around St. Thomas: don't be like me and wear a David Beckham Manchester United jersey. At least have the decency of having a jersey of a well-respected player; like Cristiano Ronaldo to be exact. .......at least that's what a local guy told me.

(clicking pics will redirect you to my Flickr Photostream, where you can see larger versions)

I'm really enjoying your pictures. Hope you keep them coming - it's fun to keeo the cruise alive!

N

My wife absolutely loves everything Disney. Needless to say, she got quite emotional when she saw the ship. This was taken in the temporary parking lot, while we were waiting for the regular lot to open.

I am glad to hear that I am not the only grown woman that get emotional about Disney! Everytime we leave FL to go home I get sad. We just got off the Western cruise (Nov. 28 - Dec. 5) and I am still sad! :sad1:

I am glad to hear that I am not the only grown woman that get emotional about Disney! Everytime we leave FL to go home I get sad. We just got off the Western cruise (Nov. 28 - Dec. 5) and I am still sad! :sad1:[/QUOTE]

You are not the only one for sure!! As soon as all the characters came down the stairs at the sail-a-way party my eyes just got full of tears... that is what it is all about!!!

WOW!!!! I didn't realize how long I've been away from this post.

A parting shot of St. Thomas. Every time we are about to depart, I HAVE to take pictures from the ship. Not only do I want to chronicle our trip, but the views are just amazing. Quite honestly, now that I'm thinking about it, the Disney ship seems to have a prime "parking" spot at all of the destinations. Just think about it. You could never get great shots of the islands from the other ship in the "lot" (i.e. Royal Caribbean, etc...). The Disney Magic is always in the way. Wow... now I'm really thinking about that. As many pics as I've taken, I don't ever recall thinking, "this would be nice if that cruise ship would just move".

People always ask what the differences are between a Disney Cruise and other cruise lines.... this pic just exemplifies that. Disney is into detail. Nobody does it better.

The feast that shan't be missed..... Lumiere's Gala Dessert Buffet. Greed really gets the best of people here. You can basically take as much as you want of anything. So some people get full slices of various cakes..... knowing they can't even eat half of what's on their plate. But oh well.... when you're on vacation, and THIS is in front of you..... you do what you gotta do!!!!

One of the great things that Disney does on the cruise is dress the characters depending on the day's theme. Whether it's formal night, Halloween, pirate night, etc.; the characters are always dressed for the occasion. This was taken on the morning we were gonna be at Castaway Cay.
Daisy was hamming-it-up for me, so I was able to get a few good pics. As you can tell, I sort make a cameo here.

In conclusion.... my wife and I had a WONDERFUL time on our 2nd Disney Cruise!!!! I don't know if I'm repeating myself here, but I would definitely recommend this for anyone. Disney does a great job catering to everyone. So if you just want to go as a couple.... do so, and don't hesitate. I really enjoyed doing this photo trip report. I'd probably do more Disney ones, but since I live close by, and go there ALL the time; most of my Flickr photos are like a constant trip report. And maybe one day, I'll go on a Carnival or Royal Caribbean cruise, so I can definitely tell the difference among them..... but on second thought..... maybe not. :thumbsup2

(clicking pics will redirect you to my Flickr Photostream, where you can see larger versions)
..... these and other of my cruise pics can be found here My Disney Magic Cruise

Your pictures are wonderful - such unique perspectives! Too bad it's over! But the memories will linger on.................

N

What zoom lenses do you recommend? We are going to Yellowstone this spring and doing our first Disney cruise to Alaska and I want to invest in a good zoom. Your pictures rock!

All of my cruise pictures were taken with a 18-135mm IS lens. That's the only zoom lens I have any experience with; but I like the amount of range it has. Only thing about it is that there is some vignetting from it sometimes; it increases the more telephoto you go. I kinda liked it on some of the pics though. But that's my only "complaint" about it.

What zoom lenses do you recommend? We are going to Yellowstone this spring and doing our first Disney cruise to Alaska and I want to invest in a good zoom. Your pictures rock!

Which Alaska cruise are you taking? We're booked on the August 23, 2010.

N

Hi'
I love your photos!!! Did you use a flash? I love the shading and angles... You ar very talented!!
Tea

Thanks for the great comments everyone!!! :thumbsup2

And no, I didn't use a flash. I don't have a great one; and unless properly used, most pics come out better without one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter