• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Were BACK !! 5/5-5/10 Trip Day 4 Complete....w/pics

Turtle31

DIS Veteran
Hi Everyone~

We are back from our 6 day trip... and we had a blast. I am going to try and do a trip report... to help others and give thanks to those who helped me... bare with me though !!

Okay so we have me princess: (33) DHpirate: (31) DS pirate: (9) and DDprincess: (4)

We start out our trip by leaving our house at about 6:30pm to head to a hotel closer to the Denver International Airport. We have dinner at Red Robin, the waitress forgets to put in our order and our food ends up taking almost an hour :scared1: - we finally eat and head to the Hampton Inn.
Horrible is all I can say about this... double beds made of bricks !! The only good thing is we have to get up at 3:30 am for our flight and we were so uncomfortable this wasn't very hard to do.
So we leave the hotel and check in at the airport - board our 6ish flight and get to LAX at 730ish - I was pumped..wide awake... We got on a shuttle, go to dollar- rent a car, and were off to the hotel.
We get to the Residence Inn Marriot Hotel and leave our bags- we will be checking in later as the room is not ready because we are here so early.
And we are off --

DisneyLand Day 1 - We enter the park at 10:20 (park opened at 10:00) and I can't believe we got all the way from denver to here and it is still so early!
We enter the park and make the turn on main street. DD is thrilled by the castle. I have to say I was a little shocked how small it was,being I am a DW regular. But DD was still so happy. We break right and somehow end up in line for the Astro Orbiter... the sign said it was a five minute wait - but it ended up being 25... we all still liked the ride. After this we walked right on Buzz Lightyear - we love this ride. Although my score here the first time was really bad - I think only like 25,000 (maybe my gun was broke !!):laughing:
After this we head over to star tours and it is closed- weird. But I do remember reading to be ready for this because it's a slow day. So we hit the autotopia... I ride with DS.. he can't get the gas and steering in sink so I push the gas while he steers. He loved it.. he thought I was pushing the gas wrong though because he wanted to go faster !! I told him with the price of gas they only give you a little bit :) We head back over to Star Tours and it is open. We have about a 15 minuite wait and we are aboard the ship. DS and DH loved this ride. DD was a little shaken up and I think I could have also skipped it, but it was very neat to see it once.
After this we head to Fantasyland. Dumbo first thing - 15 minute wait maybe. I was so happy, we were hitting it just right and getting on and off with no trouble at all. We ride the tea-cups and I feel dizzy. DD and DS keep telling the people in the car next to us that we are going to spin faster than them and I am feeling woozy ! :eek: We then ride the Alice in Wonderland - I loved this one, very cool and new to us since they don't have it at the World. After this we go get in line for the storybook land boats. Waited about 10 minutes here, and when we got on the boat DD was asked if she would like to sit at the front of the boat- she was so excited. I have to say I was VERY impressed with this ride. All the detail and the plants were fabulous. DH and DS then go ride Snow White Scary adventure and DD and Me go on the carousel. DD wouldn't ride the Snow White ride this time just because DS read the name out loud and she immediatly was like no no no :mad: . After this we rode all the other rides here in Fanstyland expect for PP- wait was 50 minutes so we decide to get this ride on one of our other days. We then stop for lunch at Pinnochio Village Haus. It was okay,nothing to exciting here. Just burgers and a moon shaped rice krispy treat!
Then we head back in front of the castle to meet some characters. Minnie was out and about. We got right to the front of the line, and the cast member said Minnie is closed but she may take you anyway. Just then Minnie puts her hands out, takes a hand of DS and DD and begins to skip away with them towards where she has to go to enter the building. It was the cutest thing you ever saw.. we got it on video and the kids talked about it all through the next rides.
We then walk right on Pirates.. loved it ! Very different then DW, DH said he liked it better and I say I won't compared until we go back to DW in August and it is fresh in my mind. Next we go into the Haunted Mansion ( we don't tell DD what is inside) this is our first time doing this ride because we never made it there at the world- plus DS was afraid of the dark last time we were there. So we go through, DD is a little scared in the stretching rrom but DH talk her through it. We board the ride.. wow.. way different than I thought even though I have seen video. Watching it on tv does not do this experience justice. We all loved it- even DD... she kept telling me how at the end when the ghost got in her car,she slapped it in the head.:rotfl2:
At this point with various stops and snacks it is almost 6pm- where did the time go? DH is ready to drop and DS is begging for us to go to hotel. I was so happy we were able to get on SO many rides and we leave the park 40 minutes before the parade starts- we will catch this tomorrow after everyone is rested.
We leave the park, head to the 7 station to wait for the ART. And we wait, and wait (30 minutes) still nothing. Finally DH says we could have already walked... so okay after 35 minutes that's what we do. Eight minute walk and we are at hotel. At this point I am a little nervous about ART because I already gave them 32 - but I will wait until days to come to see.
We then get in the car and head to Millie's.. thanks Vegas Mike for the great resturant tip. We were seated right away. Our server was so quick with the refills, and we were thirsty too !! I got a Shrimp dinner, DH got steak and shrimp, DD got Chicken and DS got Mac n Cheese (I think). Everything was really good.. the cream of potato soup was delicious. Hubby then decided to get a bannana cream pie to go. I loved how they made the cute little individual pies. Even though I would have got chocolate!
After dinner we go check into our room, WOW ! The room was huge. It had a really nice size living room with tv, full kitchen, fridge had an ice maker,dishwasher,microwave,toaster,coffeemaker. And all the dishes needed to cook a meal. (Which I don't end up doing ever !) :rotfl2: I fill out our grocery list- dt. mountain dew and dt.pepsi and DH takes it to the desk. We have a suite with a fire place, and I am surprised to see the log sitting there. I was expecting a switch and a flame :rotfl: I said to DH - I am surprised they are not afraid of someone burning the place down !!
So we then drop to the bed and get some much needed rest !

Day 2... To come next.. Magic Morning and Nemo Sub....

Sounds like fun! We were there the same time, the 5-9th. I wonder if you are in the background of any of our 250+ photos ;)

Sounds like you had a very exciting first day! :woohoo:

Can't wait to read about the rest of your trip :goodvibes

More, more!:lmao: Sounds like you had a wonderful time it is getting me all excited for our upcoming trip!!! Can't wait to read the next one!

Thanks to everyone who left a comment - at least I know someone is reading. And it gives me encouragment to complete this !!

Okay so Day 2: Magic Morning

I wake up at about 7:00am- start to get ready, get the kiddos ready and we are out the door to go to breakfast by 7:45. We walk about five feet to the main house of Residence Inn to have our free breakfast buffet. It was great !
They had chocolate muffins-DD's favorite, they had everything from french toast to fruit, cereal, bacon,scrambled eggs,waffles, and pasteries/bagels. Awesome-can't say enough about how much this saves.
So once we finish our breakfast it is about 8:20 - Magic Morning starts at 9:00. As we head out the door I say lets go see if the bus is here or coming- A gentleman overhears me and says- the bus doesn't start running for another hour -:scared1: Okay you guess it, here we go walking again- ART is really starting to annoy me - but the back of the ticket says no refunds- nice touch ! Anyway, we end up at the gates by 8:30 anyway- the walk is only 8 minutes and much easier in the morning !!
At about 8:55 we are all let on to Main Street. About 10,000 other people are all here too! And you can hear the discussing their strategies and which way the are going to run- pretty funny really. So at 9:00 the rope drops- we are way in the back and start to move forward. Me and DS and DD make a break for Finding Nemo Sub. I forgot to mention that today DH will not be along because he is here on business and has to go to meetings- poor man !
So we get to Nemo, we get in line and wait about an easy 25 minutes. The whole thing is unreal. I don't even have words to decribe how awesome this ride or experience really is. Worth every minute in line. The ride last 12 minutes and you can't believe the detail and how awesome everything looks. My kids loved it. By far the best "slow" ride in the park- A +++
After Nemo it is about 9:45 and we rush over to Dumbo before the park gets more crowded. We then begin to re-do favorites from previous day. Finally I pull DS and DD out of fantasyland. We go to Tomorrowland, ride Buzz Lightyear with no wait and then hop the train for toon town. The train was so neat. DD and DS loved the dinosaurs and the grand canyon. It was a really cool trip !!
We get off the train and go into toon town. We get a fastpass for Roger Rabbit Spin and head off to ride the gadget coaster. DD loved it - I thought it was over a little fast! Next we go over and take pictures with goofy and then go into Mickey's House. We took lots of really cute pictures and finally got to hug the main cheese himself at the end. I am going to be posting pictures very soon to go with the report.
After waiting to see Mickey we all decide we are hungry- it's about 2:00 at this point. The time just flies by so fast here. So we board the train and head to the French Market in New Orleans Square. We get in line to order our food and it smells so good. They have so many good choices I can hardly decide. Okay, so I get the BBQ pulled pork sandwich on a french baguette and steak fries. DS gets mac and cheese (a pattern here) and DD gets chicken tenders, they both opt for steak fries and chocolate milk. This resturant is a little cafeteria style with a resturant feel. Once you order you move your tray along and pick up your selections. The sandwich is HUGE and the fries are piled so high they fall off the plate. My kids meals are served in the cute little black plastic mickey plate. Ears filled with fries and main entree in big circle. After we pay, we find a place to sit on the outside terrace patio. The whole time we are here it is only about 70 degrees but today it is beautiful outside. Next thing we know right behind us comes a band and a really pretty lady talking in New Orleans' :rotfl: The band starts to play and she kicks up a Mardi Gras Party right there just feet from our table. We eat our food and listen- what fun. The sandwich was so good and I am a fry lover so enough said !! This place was great and I was almost sorry we went to Pinocchio Village with DH - but we will be back here again on Friday for sure. After we finish our meal we go around to where the Mardi Gras is and both of my kids get beads and get to play tamborines with the band. I was so happy that we had just popped in on this party unexpectedly.
So after lunch DD begs to go back in the Mansion. We go there and see the ghosts again. We had a great time. Because there were only three of us today DS (9) said he would be okay to ride alone. And he was for the most part. Towards the end of the ride- you are going downhill and facing backwards, the ride completely stops. I think they are having a backup letting people off - no biggie. But DS starts to freak a little and scream - MOM WHAT IS WRONG ?? I keep trying to tell him it's okay it will move in a minute. I felt so bad because I wasn't sure he could hear me. And then we move again !! And DS is totally fine at the end.
After that little scare :) we head back to Toon Town to take in Roger Rabbit and finish off anything else we missed.
At this point I decide I am ready to do something fast. And I am totally a wimp when it comes to coasters. So I see all the little kids in line for the MatterHorn Bobsleds and decide we are going to tackle this one right now! We wait in line all of 3 minutes- which is great (not enough time to sike myself out)! And we ride the bobsleds to the left - OML - best ride ever !! DD loves it - she scream so funny the whole time and we are flying down that mountain. DS loves it too and they both beg to ride it again. So we do this time we ride to the right- okay so anyone who has rode this one knows I was thinking- same ride different direction. Well, same but different scenery- there is so much more to the ride if you ride it on the right. I won't ruin it for anyone but it was so cool- you guessed it we did it again !!! The wait was nothing- we got off- we got back on :rotfl:
After this excitement I decide it is almost 6:00 and we need to make our way towards main street for snacks and pre-parade at 6:40. We end up at the Coke-Cola refreshment station on the corner. We are about four or five people back in line and we begin to wait. My kids are getting tired of standing and I send them over to lean in the corner of the shop. The poor guy behind the counter was really struggling- I picked the wrong line for sure. I proceed to wait longer than I waited for Dumbo to get a Mickey pretzel with cheese,brownies and drinks. What happened next is still unreal to me. - Okay so you can kind of see into the back "kitchen area" and a girl of about I will guess 17ish pops in from the street to say hello to a guy she knows in the kitchen. He pops his head out a bit and they exchange hellos- she then says I am off to watch the parade- "Bye Bye Weiner Boy"- And he then repiles as loud as he can - " I know you like my WEINER- GIRL"! I was shocked and fast as can be his head disappears. I was shocked to silence. My kids were off in the distance and I don't think they would have even caught it - but I thought are you kidding me- this is DISNEY !! And I have been known to crack a joke but come on !! Enough said- I think....:mad:
Anyway, we finally get our goodies and head to main street. We actually end up on the right side of the castle close to tomorrowland. We are told by a cast member that the area we are in is marked sitting only- and we are so happy for this. No-one standing in front of you. Prince Caspien then comes by on his horse (what a hottie). And then the fun begins!! The parade was great - we liked the pinocchio float the best with the jumping puppets. Very cool.
After the parade we walk right out of the park and end up at IHOP. The kids decide they want breakfast for dinner - and this is vacation !! Service here was really good considering the crowd. And the nice man who rang us out at the cash register said they had alot of adults that day with no kids - so he gave me both of my kids meals for free !! Usually it is only one kid eats free with an adult from 4-11. So my bill was then 11.00 dollars (less than snacks and drinks on Main :goodvibes ) so with the 10.00 dollar tip I then left we all three ate for 21.00 !! :goodvibes NICE !!
So after dinner we walk to hotel - So if anyone is keeping track- The tally is Walk = 3 ART= 1 Walk=FREE ART= $32

Day 3: Coming Soon - California Adventure and Soarin' over Cali....... plus pictures to be posted !!! Stay tuned.......

:yay: :yay: :yay:

Wow! You seemed to get a lot done! I'm really enjoying your trip report - keep it coming! :yay:

Okay doing this a little backwards- Here are a couple of pictures of the 2 days and some events mentioned.

In front of the castle:
disneyland005.jpg

We will call this one : Minnie Skip

disneyland025.jpg

Here is DD at front of Story Book (she's in yellow top)

disneyland040.jpg

Going into the whale:

disneyland042.jpg

A couple of the towns:

disneyland047.jpg

disneyland052.jpg

disneyland057.jpg

Buzz Lightyear

disneyland010-1.jpg

Dumbo:
disneyland034.jpg

Magic Morning Entry:

disneyland061.jpg

Finding Nemo Submarine:
disneyland073.jpg

DS Going in:
disneyland076.jpg

Some crab legs I would LOVE to eat :
disneyland080.jpg

Meeting Mickey in his house:
disneyland112.jpg

Our favorite float from the Parade of Dreams:
disneyland121.jpg

Another great day, sounds wonderful can't wait for the next one!

We had a great time for sure!! I see that you are going to the POR in September. We are going to be staying there from August 5th to August 16th - we are doing deluxe dining for 11 days. I can't wait for this one. We will have to exchange notes. Are you planning on staying in the Alligator section or the mansions? I still haven't decided- I keep going back and forth.

Wow! You seemed to get a lot done! I'm really enjoying your trip report - keep it coming! :yay:

Yeah, looking back I can't believe how much we did - we had a blast. I am glad you enjoying my report. It is keeping it fresh in my mind ! Can't believe it has already been 8 days ago.

Sounds like fun! We were there the same time, the 5-9th. I wonder if you are in the background of any of our 250+ photos ;)

I am now posting my pictures- so let me know if you see yourself !!

Hi Everyone~

We are back from our 6 day trip... and we had a blast. I am going to try and do a trip report... to help others and give thanks to those who helped me... bare with me though !!

Okay so we have me princess: (33) DHpirate: (31) DS pirate: (9) and DDprincess: (4)

We start out our trip by leaving our house at about 6:30pm to head to a hotel closer to the Denver International Airport. We have dinner at Red Robin, the waitress forgets to put in our order and our food ends up taking almost an hour :scared1: - we finally eat and head to the Hampton Inn.
Horrible is all I can say about this... double beds made of bricks !! The only good thing is we have to get up at 3:30 am for our flight and we were so uncomfortable this wasn't very hard to do.
So we leave the hotel and check in at the airport - board our 6ish flight and get to LAX at 730ish - I was pumped..wide awake... We got on a shuttle, go to dollar- rent a car, and were off to the hotel.
We get to the Residence Inn Marriot Hotel and leave our bags- we will be checking in later as the room is not ready because we are here so early.
And we are off --

DisneyLand Day 1 - We enter the park at 10:20 (park opened at 10:00) and I can't believe we got all the way from denver to here and it is still so early!
We enter the park and make the turn on main street. DD is thrilled by the castle. I have to say I was a little shocked how small it was,being I am a DW regular. But DD was still so happy. We break right and somehow end up in line for the Astro Orbiter... the sign said it was a five minute wait - but it ended up being 25... we all still liked the ride. After this we walked right on Buzz Lightyear - we love this ride. Although my score here the first time was really bad - I think only like 25,000 (maybe my gun was broke !!):laughing:
After this we head over to star tours and it is closed- weird. But I do remember reading to be ready for this because it's a slow day. So we hit the autotopia... I ride with DS.. he can't get the gas and steering in sink so I push the gas while he steers. He loved it.. he thought I was pushing the gas wrong though because he wanted to go faster !! I told him with the price of gas they only give you a little bit :) We head back over to Star Tours and it is open. We have about a 15 minuite wait and we are aboard the ship. DS and DH loved this ride. DD was a little shaken up and I think I could have also skipped it, but it was very neat to see it once.
After this we head to Fantasyland. Dumbo first thing - 15 minute wait maybe. I was so happy, we were hitting it just right and getting on and off with no trouble at all. We ride the tea-cups and I feel dizzy. DD and DS keep telling the people in the car next to us that we are going to spin faster than them and I am feeling woozy ! :eek: We then ride the Alice in Wonderland - I loved this one, very cool and new to us since they don't have it at the World. After this we go get in line for the storybook land boats. Waited about 10 minutes here, and when we got on the boat DD was asked if she would like to sit at the front of the boat- she was so excited. I have to say I was VERY impressed with this ride. All the detail and the plants were fabulous. DH and DS then go ride Snow White Scary adventure and DD and Me go on the carousel. DD wouldn't ride the Snow White ride this time just because DS read the name out loud and she immediatly was like no no no :mad: . After this we rode all the other rides here in Fanstyland expect for PP- wait was 50 minutes so we decide to get this ride on one of our other days. We then stop for lunch at Pinnochio Village Haus. It was okay,nothing to exciting here. Just burgers and a moon shaped rice krispy treat!
Then we head back in front of the castle to meet some characters. Minnie was out and about. We got right to the front of the line, and the cast member said Minnie is closed but she may take you anyway. Just then Minnie puts her hands out, takes a hand of DS and DD and begins to skip away with them towards where she has to go to enter the building. It was the cutest thing you ever saw.. we got it on video and the kids talked about it all through the next rides.
We then walk right on Pirates.. loved it ! Very different then DW, DH said he liked it better and I say I won't compared until we go back to DW in August and it is fresh in my mind. Next we go into the Haunted Mansion ( we don't tell DD what is inside) this is our first time doing this ride because we never made it there at the world- plus DS was afraid of the dark last time we were there. So we go through, DD is a little scared in the stretching rrom but DH talk her through it. We board the ride.. wow.. way different than I thought even though I have seen video. Watching it on tv does not do this experience justice. We all loved it- even DD... she kept telling me how at the end when the ghost got in her car,she slapped it in the head.:rotfl2:
At this point with various stops and snacks it is almost 6pm- where did the time go? DH is ready to drop and DS is begging for us to go to hotel. I was so happy we were able to get on SO many rides and we leave the park 40 minutes before the parade starts- we will catch this tomorrow after everyone is rested.
We leave the park, head to the 7 station to wait for the ART. And we wait, and wait (30 minutes) still nothing. Finally DH says we could have already walked... so okay after 35 minutes that's what we do. Eight minute walk and we are at hotel. At this point I am a little nervous about ART because I already gave them 32 - but I will wait until days to come to see.
We then get in the car and head to Millie's.. thanks Vegas Mike for the great resturant tip. We were seated right away. Our server was so quick with the refills, and we were thirsty too !! I got a Shrimp dinner, DH got steak and shrimp, DD got Chicken and DS got Mac n Cheese (I think). Everything was really good.. the cream of potato soup was delicious. Hubby then decided to get a bannana cream pie to go. I loved how they made the cute little individual pies. Even though I would have got chocolate!
After dinner we go check into our room, WOW ! The room was huge. It had a really nice size living room with tv, full kitchen, fridge had an ice maker,dishwasher,microwave,toaster,coffeemaker. And all the dishes needed to cook a meal. (Which I don't end up doing ever !) :rotfl2: I fill out our grocery list- dt. mountain dew and dt.pepsi and DH takes it to the desk. We have a suite with a fire place, and I am surprised to see the log sitting there. I was expecting a switch and a flame :rotfl: I said to DH - I am surprised they are not afraid of someone burning the place down !!
So we then drop to the bed and get some much needed rest !

Day 2... To come next.. Magic Morning and Nemo Sub....

Your very welcome, I'm glad you enjoyed Millie's, I love this place, they have soooo much to choose from and the food is good and reasonably priced!

Mike~
I hope you have just as much fun as we did.... I notice you are leaving in 2 days !! Lucky you - I never wanted to leave.

I'm not sure where we will try to stay at POR, this will be our first time staying there, have stayed at POFQ and loved it. Since we waited longer and changed resorts so many times we are left with a water view, so that could be any where. Oh well I'm still excited to go and see more of POR.

Mike~
I hope you have just as much fun as we did.... I notice you are leaving in 2 days !! Lucky you - I never wanted to leave.

Thank you, yes I leave Friday morning around 7:30, gotta drop my Doggie, Champ off at the Animal Inn here in Vegas at 8:00 then it's off to So Cal for 9 nights! Can't wait!

Day 3: California Adventure

Okay so today I promised my kids that we would take it easy ! So they slept in to about 8:00, we got up got ready and went and had breakfast. the residence inn there was a basket ball court so I let my DS check out a ball from the desk and we played for a while. After this we headed back to the room, got our stuff and headed for the bus stop. At about 10:20 we boarded the ART (HOORAY!!). Once again DH will not be with us do to meetings :sad1:
Here is the first picture we took once inside.

disneyland142.jpg

Next thing we see Pluto:
The funniest thing my daughter rushes to give Pluto a hug and sticks her arm right in his mouth. Pluto acts like he is choking. The cast member (photopass) rushes forward and wipes the slobber off DD arm. :rotfl2:

disneyland144.jpg

Then we get another picture:

disneyland145.jpg

The first ride we head to is SOARIN' over Cali ... the wait is 10 minutes and I can't wait. This will be our first time. Didn't take any pictures and I don't know why !! But we absolutly loved it. It was awesome. I loved the smells and the wind features. It was a really weird sensation at first with having your feet so far off the ground. It lived up to all expectations !!

We then headed to the backlot area. The first thing we do is get in line for Play House Live. DD absolutely loved it. I thought it was really fast-paced and nicely done. We had a young blonde girl as our host and we all danced, and played in the bubbles.
From here we went to be seated for the Aladdin on Stage show. This is so good. The genie was so funny he had me in tears. I can't remember laughing so much in a long time. The costumes were really great and the stage and changes in props were so well done. A must see...
Next we are at Muppets 3-D
disneyland146.jpg

In the pre-show room
disneyland148.jpg

This movie was really funny and well done. It was DD first time in a 3-D and she was a little freaked out. But in the end she loved it.

Next we all decide it is time for lunch. DS wants pizza and DD just wants the same chicken nuggets. So we head to Pizza Oom Mow Mow and DD and I get some food from Burger Invasion (Mc Donalds)- We sit inside at Pizza place because it is a little chilly today. I hate to be negative about anything Disney- But I will warn all of you- stay away from the kids meal at Pizza Oom Mow Mow - my DS wouldn't eat touch what they called pizza after one bite. Once I looked at it more closely I realized it was mozzerella cheese with some sauce thrown on top of an english muffin and microwaved. GROSS - and it was like 6.50 or something crazy. So I went back to burger invasion and got more fries and he split my sandwich with me.

After that we rode most of the rides in Paradise Pier:

My DS on the Orange Stinger:
disneyland152.jpg

The jumping jellies:
disneyland153.jpg

disneyland155.jpg

Next UP:

disneyland157.jpg

Heading into the Tough to be a Bug 3-D

disneyland158.jpg

Loved it - glad we did muppets first because DD was a little bit more relaxed- she thought the bugs were funny. I was glad because it worried me a little.

After the movie we head into flik's fun fair:
disneyland159.jpg

disneyland160.jpg

We rode all the cool little rides except for the tuck and roll bumper cars:

disneyland163.jpg

disneyland164.jpg

disneyland167.jpg

disneyland168.jpg

One of my favorites was the train: I think it was called Hemlick's Chew Chew Train :)

My DD is getting sick of the pics
disneyland172.jpg

disneyland173.jpg

disneyland177.jpg

OOOO .... I LOVE CANDY CORN >>>>>>>>>

disneyland180.jpg

And it's already 5:45 and time to find a spot for the parade. We stake out a spot near Soarin' so we won't have to walk far afterwards.

Here comes Mc Queen:

disneyland182.jpg

I won't go showing all of these because some may want to be surprised !! I loved this parade.. one of my favorites. My kids loved all the characters, and since these are really "their" characters it made them really excited to see all of them.

Right after the parade we were able to exit and catch the ART -Hooray -again! We go back to hotel, meet up with DH and head to the Outback Steakhouse for a calorie heavy good meal...... We end the evening early and the kids get to go back and play for a bit. Unforunately, it never gets above 70ish and we don't get a chance to swim. But oh well !!!

disneyland235.jpg

Day 4: Back to the Magic Kingdom to chase down characters..../2:00- DH joins us and we go back to California Adventure- plus dinner at RainForest Cafe !!!

Your pics are so good and your trip report is getting me so excited for our trip in June!

I am so glad you are enjoying it !! Since it is my first one - I feel like I could learn still learn a lot!! I will start telling something and then be like- darn why didn't I take a picture !! That just means watch out when I am in Disney World- I will probably take so many pictures I will drive my DH nuts ! Another thing I noticed- since DH wasn't with us most of the time- I never made it into any of the pictures- I couldn't believe it. I was having so much fun I didn't even think, the only person who ever took the pics was ME !!! So here is one of all of us at Sea World three weeks earlier !!!

seaworld018.jpg

seaworld189.jpg

My dh has gotten better at taking pics now but there are hardly any of me with my older ds when he was a baby! :sad1:

Okay so here goes Day 4... (finally lol)...

So on day four we get up have breakfast and head to the ART stop. We ride the bus and get to the Magic Kingdom at about 10:30ish. I promised DS and DD that today we will try and track down some characters (mostly princesses!). So we stop in at City Hall first to find out.. where is exactly can we see Mrs.White today ? They are so great and helpful, if you have just one favorite they will try and do everything they can to help you get the time and place.

disneyland236.jpg

disneyland238.jpg

disneyland239.jpg

Next we head up main street to catch the 11:00 show in front of the castle.
The band begins to play and here comes the gang.

disneyland245.jpg

disneyland244.jpg

disneyland247.jpg

disneyland248.jpg

Goofy grabs my DH's hand and takes her for a spin in the middle.. she loved that

disneyland250.jpg

Next we get some water and head over to watch the Jedi training.. I did not use any of the tips given to better the kids chances of being picked... ( I really didn't think DS would be that interested) and in the end it did seem that the kids they chose were a little bit younger. Once DS didn't get picked he got really bored... we took a couple pics and moved on..

disneyland257.jpg

disneyland266.jpg

disneyland268.jpg

We then get popcorn in a Nemo bucket and head over to do the Royal Walk in Princess Faire....i.e..... very long wait to see princesses. Make sure you have snacks and drinks. By normal standards are wait was very short and it was still 45 minutes. The thing that is great is that you always get to see three princesses after waiting in the line.. and they never rushed us when it was our turn...

A couple pictures while waiting in line....

disneyland271.jpg

disneyland275.jpg

Here she is CINDERELLA:

disneyland278.jpg

And then we meet Aurora:

disneyland282.jpg

And finally and most important (To my DD)... Snow White...

disneyland285.jpg

After this wait in line we decide we are going to ride a couple rides. So we ride a couple favorites again. After this we quickly leave to go meet DH in the area between the two parks....

Here they are waiting on the cute bench for dad...

disneyland288.jpg

Once we have dad with us we head into California Adventure. The first thing we do is ride soarin' - he loved it...

We then ate lunch at Test Pilot Grill... it was really good... I keep thinking why oh why did we eat mc donald's and nasty pizza english muffin !! Dh had a burger and fries, I had a spicy fried chicken sandwich and the kids had nuggets and fries. Not anything really special but WAY better than the first day at Cali. adventure.

After lunch we take Dh around the park and show him all our favorite shows and rides.... the park closes at 6 so we cover as much as we can before closing. And we ride Soarin again on the way out.

At 6 we walk into downtown disney and find the RainForest Cafe'. We are seated on the outside patio immediatly. It was a little chilly but they had portable heaters at every table.. very nice. We all loved this dinner.... the best one we had the whole time here. And yes it has everything to do with the VOLCANO....some really nice person posted a coupon for the rainforest.. you could either get 10.00 off or the volcano desert. Well the volcano was 13.99 on the menu and it's chocolate.. so you can see where this is going !! After the meal, the waiter brings out the desert. Three pieces of chocolate cake, ice cream, chocolate syrup and did I say chocolate !!! I thought I had died and gone to heaven !!
After the desert overload we walked around downtown disney a bit. My DS chose some legos from the lego store as his treat. And DD got a Jasmine barbie doll as her treat.
I loved the downtown disney area, it was so neat. Everyone was outside playing music and relaxing. At this point I was wishing we would have come here sooner, but we will be back tomorrow evening.
So day number 4 is a wrap and we head back to catch the bus at about 9:00.

Day 5..... Our last day at Magic Kingdom... it is open until 12:00 with fireworks ... so we going to sleep in !!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter