• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Were back from disney

alohacousin

Disability is a matter of perception. If you can d
We arrived home just before midnight last night. wow are my legs numb! we went to St. Augustine and stayed at a tropical theme hampton inn suite with a direct view to the ocean and 5 nights at the wilderness lodge villas. We took a tour of the saratoga villas to see if we want to buy into the vacation club, still undecided:confused: we met another family with an adult daughter with retts syndrome. So nice to talk with others that understand!! it was so hot with the usual early evening storms. The crowds in MK were impossible past 11:30 so we were in there at opening rode the rides we wanted and left :crowded: my ankle problems and siatic nerve made walking difficult so I could not see as much as I wanted but thats ok we will be back in 2006. :teeth: as far as disability issues...I tried to stay positive with the stares but towards the end I gave the children and adults the evil eye and an occassional chomp of the teeth if is it was extreme. I can understand being curious but do u have to do a complete turnaround to gawk? A smile makes the situation positive but most have a look with no emotion almost as if they are wondering why she is here. anyhoo if I can answer any questions I am glad to:chat:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter