We're back, highs and lows

Bambi2009

Mouseketeer
We had on the whole a brilliant week. The weather, apart from one day of nasty rain, was warm and dry. The parks were packed and we noticed that Monday and Tuesday were actually more crowded than Saturday and Sunday!!

Highs:
BBWWS - great night and our son was chosen for shooting competition in the arena and won a medal
Blue Lagoon - the one place I wasn't looking forward to as I thought some of the food combinations a bit odd, but it turned out to be the best meal all week, beach table, great food and lovely waiter. Definately be going back
Pin trading - our pin mad daughter got some great trades
Star Tours - never been on this ride and really enjoyed it
Croque Monsieurs :love::love::love:
Dream Annual Passes - those discounts certainly came in handy when we hit the shop
The Alice in Wonderland ornament I acquired for my Disney cabinet
POTC - they do insulated mug photo souveniers, I can take it to work and remember a great holiday durng the daily drudge
Loads and loads more I must do a trip report

Lows:
Planet Hollywood, never again
Our son slipped on wet floor in toilets and banged his head really badly
Woman pushing rental pushchair with an almost teen in it and ran over our daughter's foot, she is bruised from ankle to toe
Rain - but we still had a good time

What a week, can't wait for next year :banana:

Battered and bruised by the sounds of it - but smiling from ear to ear :goodvibes:goodvibes. Looking forward to the trip report!

your poor kids, i hate when people dont watch where they are going. today in tescos a woman had her kid about 7 or 8 push her trolley for her and she ran straight into my 3 year old with it, i had a few choice words for that mother i can tell you that.

other than that it sounds like a great trip, i hope you do a trip report. did your kids have the kids meals at the blue lagoon? i am hoping to eat there in october, im a bit apprehensive but i am determined lol.

did your kids have the kids meals at the blue lagoon? i am hoping to eat there in october, im a bit apprehensive but i am determined lol.

Our daughter is a teen so ate off the teen menu, breaded chicken fillet in a burger, lovely chips then a chocolate ice cream sundae dessert. She loved the whole meal and ate everything. Our son ate from the childrens menu. The starter was mozzarella and cherry tomatoes, shredded lettuce and a dressing. He didn't eat that. Then he had pasta bolognese and really enjoyed it and had the compote for dessert which was strawberry and apple.
He is one of the fussiest eaters I've ever known and he ate everything apart from the starter. The warm bread rolls were also a winner for him.

I was really skeptical about eating here and thought I would hate it. We ate from the Treasures of the Sea menu which was starter, main and dessert for I think 32.50 I had the crab mix in citrus vinaigrette - I've never eaten crab as I'm not a lover of anything remotely fishy but it was lovely. For main I had the medallion of veal in old Jamaica rum sauce. Again never eaten veal and it was ok. For dessert I had chocolate pudding cake with passion fruit custard and a pineapple brochette, and that was absolutely divine. I was very pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed the food. You really have to try it :)

Our daughter is a teen so ate off the teen menu, breaded chicken fillet in a burger, lovely chips then a chocolate ice cream sundae dessert. She loved the whole meal and ate everything. Our son ate from the childrens menu. The starter was mozzarella and cherry tomatoes, shredded lettuce and a dressing. He didn't eat that. Then he had pasta bolognese and really enjoyed it and had the compote for dessert which was strawberry and apple.
He is one of the fussiest eaters I've ever known and he ate everything apart from the starter. The warm bread rolls were also a winner for him.

I was really skeptical about eating here and thought I would hate it. We ate from the Treasures of the Sea menu which was starter, main and dessert for I think 32.50 I had the crab mix in citrus vinaigrette - I've never eaten crab as I'm not a lover of anything remotely fishy but it was lovely. For main I had the medallion of veal in old Jamaica rum sauce. Again never eaten veal and it was ok. For dessert I had chocolate pudding cake with passion fruit custard and a pineapple brochette, and that was absolutely divine. I was very pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed the food. You really have to try it :)

that sounds fantastic. thanks so much for the reply. i know ash wont eat the starters so thats fine by me as long as she eats her main and funny enough she never has a problem with dessert :lmao: i am not really a fish eater either so im glad to hear a review from someone like me

No problem, I was looking at the menu everytime we got off POTC thinking what on earth am I going to eat and when we got there I just took the plunge. I would definately put Blue Lagoon near the top of places to eat on our next trip. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did

Welcome back :wave2: glad to hear you had a great time, especially your meal in Blue Lagoon. :goodvibes
Our son slipped on wet floor in toilets and banged his head really badly
Woman pushing rental pushchair with an almost teen in it and ran over our daughter's foot, she is bruised from ankle to toe
Ouch :headache: hope they are both OK now.

Little one was a bit shook up at the time, I was worried as hubby told me he took quite a knock to the head. DS was more worried that there was "wee" on the floor. We left just after so that he could have a shower and we kept an eye on him, luckily he was fine but it could have been much worse. I emailed Disney yesterday pointing out how slippery the toilet floors are and the possibility of non-slip flooring but not holding out much hope of a reply.

Our daughter is still sporting a lovely, large, multi-coloured bruise, but she is a Disney pro and wasn't going to let it spoil her holiday :lmao:

Little one was a bit shook up at the time, I was worried as hubby told me he took quite a knock to the head. DS was more worried that there was "wee" on the floor. We left just after so that he could have a shower and we kept an eye on him, luckily he was fine but it could have been much worse. I emailed Disney yesterday pointing out how slippery the toilet floors are and the possibility of non-slip flooring but not holding out much hope of a reply.

Our daughter is still sporting a lovely, large, multi-coloured bruise, but she is a Disney pro and wasn't going to let it spoil her holiday :lmao:

glad to hear your kids aren't the type to be put off lol. sound like real pros to me

Oh dear your poor children :scared1: but I'm glad they're ok now, and I love your dd's attitude, I think it's gas how Disney just makes things better :goodvibes:

Looking forward to your trippie and thanks for the menu info :thumbsup2 we haven't eaten there yet but I'm trying to convince dh!

Rosabelle x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter