We're Doing Disney Again Someday...Plus One! ~ Come Read my Trip Report!!!

Awwww!!! I loved the flashback!! I was just looking at Caden's Christmas season pics from last year too. They've grown up SOO much in a year!!

Lol at the lollipop!! This summer at a wedding Andrew put Caden on his shoulders while going thru the buffet line. Next thing we know Caden is eating a roll up there. Hahahaha. He had leaned down, grabbed a roll off Andrews plate and just chowed down. Hahaha they're just so funny!!

I totally feel ya on all the crying and baby heartbreaking. Lol. Toddlers! :P

So cute to see hte recap! you're so lucky she is great with santa AND fireworks!!

As for stickers, we still have some Aria placed on her stroller tray from our first trip - stuck there for good. So no, not very removable. That being said, I don't think she got them at her haircut? They had some spinny toys and such that attempted to keep her distracted. Yes, they did give us a lock of hair with some mickey confetti along with a certificate.

I don't remember what else you asked LOL but heading back to my TR because apparently I stink at updating over the weekend! hehe

I'm still here. I lurk a lot but I am still reading. I have read your reports since before Dug Baby was here and I can't wait to read about her first trip.

Wow! I love the look of that mall Santa! He looks real and the background is so nice and charming

He hasn't been to meet a real santa yet. Unless you count DH dressing up for his mom's Christmas party last year:thumbsup2 Anyway, he hasn't been to one, since our Santas around here look terrible and the background is awful. Hopefully one day!:thumbsup2

At our local Halloween carnival, one of DS's prizes was a lollipop. We don't give him much sweet stuff either, but thought it would be cute to give him a few licks...he was not at all interested! I showed him what to do, but didn't want it at all. So strange, since I have the biggest sweet tooth around! :rotfl2:

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope you have a wonderful trip. We went in October, and it was wonderful! Our baby had her first haircut, and I don't remember stickers at all... They had all kinds of other stuff- fans, bubbles, glow toys, etc. It was really a great experience!

Oh- another question. How does FastPass+ work with the Child Swap?! So you can schedule 2 rides at the same time, and "beat" the system? We didn't try that at all, as we had 4 adults. But that's a good idea...

Hello, I'm still here too, I don't post often but still loving your PTR and watching Dug Baby grow! Looking forward to the TR as well.

We finally decided on our next trip about a month ago....I can't wait. Funny how the closer you get to your own trip, the more time you spend on the Disboards!!!:surfweb:

Hello, I'm still here too, I don't post often but still loving your PTR and watching Dug Baby grow! Looking forward to the TR as well.

We finally decided on our next trip about a month ago....I can't wait. Funny how the closer you get to your own trip, the more time you spend on the Disboards!!!:surfweb:

Just read the last few updates. Love your day to day plans and all the outfits you have picked out. There are so many adorable baby clothes!

It's crazy what one year can do....the difference is nuts. But she still looks super cute!

OK, I confess, I am a lurker:confused3
I have been around since before your wet and full report, I think and followed along with all the dug baby news.
Really enjoying your reports and I hope you have a great trip!
Yay, thank you for saying hi! :cool1: Nothing wrong with lurking...I've done a ton of that myself. :goodvibes

Awwww!!! I loved the flashback!! I was just looking at Caden's Christmas season pics from last year too. They've grown up SOO much in a year!!

Lol at the lollipop!! This summer at a wedding Andrew put Caden on his shoulders while going thru the buffet line. Next thing we know Caden is eating a roll up there. Hahahaha. He had leaned down, grabbed a roll off Andrews plate and just chowed down. Hahaha they're just so funny!!

I totally feel ya on all the crying and baby heartbreaking. Lol. Toddlers! :P
It's amazing what a difference one year can make! That's awesome about Caden eating the roll up there...I could see Dug Baby doing that too...she loves rolls! :rotfl2:

So cute to see hte recap! you're so lucky she is great with santa AND fireworks!!
Yes, I think we've been pretty lucky with some things. Hope it keeps up at Disney!

As for stickers, we still have some Aria placed on her stroller tray from our first trip - stuck there for good. So no, not very removable. That being said, I don't think she got them at her haircut? They had some spinny toys and such that attempted to keep her distracted. Yes, they did give us a lock of hair with some mickey confetti along with a certificate.

I don't remember what else you asked LOL but heading back to my TR because apparently I stink at updating over the weekend! hehe
Thanks for the haircut/sticker info. I thought I'd seen some stuck to her stroller tray in your pictures! I'm glad to hear that they have other toys and distractions. Hope that will work well. It seems like every TR I've read with a first haircut features a kid just covered in stickers. Glad it doesn't have to be that way. :thumbsup2

I'm still here. I lurk a lot but I am still reading. I have read your reports since before Dug Baby was here and I can't wait to read about her first trip.
Yay, you're still here! I actually wondered if you were. :cool1: Hope all is well with you.

Wow! I love the look of that mall Santa! He looks real and the background is so nice and charming

He hasn't been to meet a real santa yet. Unless you count DH dressing up for his mom's Christmas party last year:thumbsup2 Anyway, he hasn't been to one, since our Santas around here look terrible and the background is awful. Hopefully one day!:thumbsup2

At our local Halloween carnival, one of DS's prizes was a lollipop. We don't give him much sweet stuff either, but thought it would be cute to give him a few licks...he was not at all interested! I showed him what to do, but didn't want it at all. So strange, since I have the biggest sweet tooth around! :rotfl2:

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!
Yeah, this Santa was highly recommended by other moms I know. I guess he's been there for 17 years, so people have a lot of consistency in their pictures from year to year...hoping we can do that too. And he's pretty good with the kiddos, adjusting how he approaches different ages and such. I can't believe Calvin didn't want a lollipop. Also still can't believe that Dug Baby did! :rotfl: Hope you had a great Thanksgiving too!

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope you have a wonderful trip. We went in October, and it was wonderful! Our baby had her first haircut, and I don't remember stickers at all... They had all kinds of other stuff- fans, bubbles, glow toys, etc. It was really a great experience!
I'd been wondering how your trip went! Are you planning to do a TR? That is great to hear about the haircut toys!! I'm glad that it seems they've gotten away from stickers. Any other tips or advice you want to share from your trip with a little one, feel free!

Oh- another question. How does FastPass+ work with the Child Swap?! So you can schedule 2 rides at the same time, and "beat" the system? We didn't try that at all, as we had 4 adults. But that's a good idea...
Yes, as far as I understand the FP+ Child Swap works the same as the previous FP Child Swap. So, we just scheduled Dug for one ride and me for another and are planning to ask for Child Swap on each. Hopefully it works! Someone on the Theme Park boards said that several people have reported that it does.

Yay, you're still here too! :cheer2: I'd wondered if you were. I'm sure your next trip will be great! I'd love to do a land and sea one day. Of course, I'd settle for even just a sea for the time being. Hope you have a wonderful time!

Just read the last few updates. Love your day to day plans and all the outfits you have picked out. There are so many adorable baby clothes!

It's crazy what one year can do....the difference is nuts. But she still looks super cute!
Thanks! It is totally amazing what a year can do. And it seems like it was just yesterday! I hope you're having a great time at WDW right now!

Hi, just got back from our trip w our 14 mth old. It was a different trip w a little one in tow! However, we had a blast! I have a 9 yr old too so we made it work. Baby girls schedule is still on eastern time :( so hopefully it will balance out soon. A few tips: 1. Use the baby care centers when possible (they are awesome). I used reg changing stations until about our 2nd day then tried a baby center & was hooked!!! 2. Baby ate really well, I was nervous there would be too much junk, however we enjoyed a ton of "healthy" food. I did take snacks to hold her over until meal times. 3. Barbershop haircut was awesome... I can't post pics (don't know how) but they did a great job. NO stickers were stuck on her, they gave them to her at the end for her to do w as she pleased..they did let her play w a light up spinning minnie- which she loved! I was sure to clean her hands super well after that (germ freak)! Yes u do get a bag w hair, certificate, & ears. Well worth it! 4. Don't drive 8 hrs w teething baby!!! 5. Sometime late naps are great & late bedtime isn't too bad! We often let her take a 6pm nap (never would happen at home) & would ride during parade times (short lines). She loved small world! You have to do what works for your child. In my case, I had to occupy a baby & 9 yr old. All in all- enjoy every moment, because it will be over so quick. Oh last thing- characters were great from a distance, not up close. Also, she doesn't watch tv either- but LOVED disney jr show! Sorry this was so long. Have a great trip!

Your nostalgia post was adorable. She's grown so much, and so fast. How exciting that her first trip is just around the corner, too! I can't believe it's December already.

I'm loving all these cute girly Disney outfits, btw! The jammies are especially sweet. She's going to look great.

Hope your trip goes just as you've planned! :thumbsup2

Hi, just got back from our trip w our 14 mth old. It was a different trip w a little one in tow! However, we had a blast! I have a 9 yr old too so we made it work. Baby girls schedule is still on eastern time :( so hopefully it will balance out soon. A few tips: 1. Use the baby care centers when possible (they are awesome). I used reg changing stations until about our 2nd day then tried a baby center & was hooked!!! 2. Baby ate really well, I was nervous there would be too much junk, however we enjoyed a ton of "healthy" food. I did take snacks to hold her over until meal times. 3. Barbershop haircut was awesome... I can't post pics (don't know how) but they did a great job. NO stickers were stuck on her, they gave them to her at the end for her to do w as she pleased..they did let her play w a light up spinning minnie- which she loved! I was sure to clean her hands super well after that (germ freak)! Yes u do get a bag w hair, certificate, & ears. Well worth it! 4. Don't drive 8 hrs w teething baby!!! 5. Sometime late naps are great & late bedtime isn't too bad! We often let her take a 6pm nap (never would happen at home) & would ride during parade times (short lines). She loved small world! You have to do what works for your child. In my case, I had to occupy a baby & 9 yr old. All in all- enjoy every moment, because it will be over so quick. Oh last thing- characters were great from a distance, not up close. Also, she doesn't watch tv either- but LOVED disney jr show! Sorry this was so long. Have a great trip!
Thank you for all the great tips and sharing your experiences! :goodvibes I was thinking the baby care centers would be nice for diaper changes, when possible, to give her a bit of quiet time. Glad to hear you had a good experience. I'm glad there were good food options for your little one. That's great to hear about the haircut experience. Sounds wonderful! The light up spinning Minnie sounds fun! Also great to hear that the shifting sleep schedule worked for you. We had a mini trial run of that this weekend with Thanksgiving and she did really well with later naps and bedtimes. I think she's going to love It's a Small World too - just hoping the refurb ends on time or early, since it will be down when we get there (just went down today, I think). I hope she's excited to meet characters, but not sure, as she's a bit shy around strangers now - but she loves bears, so I'm hoping Winnie the Pooh will be a hit. We'll see. And that's great to know that she doesn't watch TV, but loved the Disney Junior show...that's what we're hoping for too! Love all the info and I'm glad your trip went so well! :thumbsup2

Your nostalgia post was adorable. She's grown so much, and so fast. How exciting that her first trip is just around the corner, too! I can't believe it's December already.

I'm loving all these cute girly Disney outfits, btw! The jammies are especially sweet. She's going to look great.

Hope your trip goes just as you've planned! :thumbsup2
Yay, you're here! Are you still going to be there during our visit? I can't believe it's December and the trip is almost here either! Time flies! It'll be fun to have her actually get to wear all these Disney things that we've had hanging in her closet (she's worn a few, but not most). Hope things are well with you!

So, considering that it looks like this here today, I'm pretty glad we leave Saturday for Florida:

(Yes, the wind did knock over our neighbor's snowmen). Right now, the forecast for Saturday at home is a high of 8 degrees and a low of -1 degree. Same day in Orlando is a high of 82 and low of 65. Yeah, I'll take that extra 70 degrees now, please! The week is currently looking beautiful with highs of upper 60's-low 80's and lows around 50-60. Way better than the freak cold streak we had there in December 2010 (low of 28 one night!). So excited!

Dug Baby is clearly (well, blurrily) ready to go:

I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. I'm pretty sure that Dug Baby's highlight was eating/wearing pumpkin pie:

She's also a big fan of stuffing and dinner rolls. Turkey, not so much. :rotfl:

We ended up being up late that night, visiting with family, then giving her a much-needed bath. She did just fine staying up a couple hours late. Slept late in the morning to make up for it.

I had to work Friday, but Dug had off and spent the day with her. He brought her downtown so that we could meet up after work. Before I was done working, he went to eat and she finally took a very late nap in the stroller:

It lasted so long that she was still out when I met up with them:

I'm so glad that she was able to take a full nap reclined in the stroller! Good sign for Disney! She even slept through all kinds of noise from screaming and crying kids!

Why were there screaming and crying kids, you ask? Lines. Long lines:

The downtown Minneapolis Macy's puts up a "Santaland" every year that's pretty cool. A little Disney-like, maybe. Elves in different scenarios, etc. We figured Dug Baby would get a kick out of it.

She managed to sleep through the entire wait in line, which was awesome, and woke up just before we went in. The elves caught her eye right away. See her pointing?:

It was at these guys over the entrance:

Here's a couple other glimpses of her taking it all in:

This is why I think she'll love It's a Small World. All those little moving figures to watch! And animals! Right up her alley.

After we finished walking through there, we went to find a place to view the Holidazzle parade. It's kind-of like the Main Street Electrical Parade. We decided not to fight the crowds outside or in the skyways. Instead, we peeked out the windows of my work and called it good! :) Dug Baby was not actually all that interested. I guess there's no need to see the MSEP with her.

Oh, and speaking of MSEP, I saw that the window for booking FP+ for parades and fireworks opened up for our trip last week. For our arrival night, we originally had 3 FP+ for rides, only one of which was do-able, since we would be at dinner during the other two. And this would only be for one person (most likely Dug) since one of us would be putting Dug Baby to bed. With these new options open, I was able to change it so that we have FP+ for Wishes, then the MSEP, then Space Mountain (late night!) Much better!

Anyway, back to Thanksgiving weekend. Dug Baby ended up going to bed late again this night. Did just fine and slept late again the next morning.

We did a bit of shopping over the weekend. During our outing, Dug Baby had her buckle toy (that we'll be taking on the flight with us) and she had done ALL the buckles:

Super genius, I tell ya! :rotfl: She did them all again in the car the next day.

Also, I tried her photo shoot shirt on her and I don't think it's particularly big or anything:

However, the arms are really flared out and I feel like a little while ruffly skirt would be cute with it to balance that out. But I can't find one anywhere! So, I ended up getting her a little pair of white shorts and a pair of white leggings on sale this weekend. Gives us a couple options. If I have a chance, I'll have to take a picture of the options.

She's done great with the modified sleep schedule. And went right back to her normal schedule on Sunday night. She has been extra tired lately, in general, so maybe she's hitting a growth spurt? Perhaps she's trying to be tall enough to ride things? :lmao: Anyway, hope she'll be adaptable in Disney. But, my big concern is that she likes to sleep in after a later night. And while that's great at home on a weekend, we've got places to be at WDW! Thinking she might take an extra nap to offset it. We'll see.

Oh, our other Disney training thing this weekend was that Dug and I saw Frozen while Dug Baby hung out with her aunt. Since this is a "limited time magic" thing in the parks, we figured we best know what it is. Here I am with one of the stars:

Pretty good movie, by the way.

5 days left and so much to do! Packing and list-making and errands. I did get us a good deal at Kohl's on Black Friday - new checked luggage bags for basically $35/each, after Kohl's Cash. Much nicer than the old, broken ones we had -- spinner wheels and everything! So, we can pack now! :cool1:

What a fun fun weekend!!!
Your trip is SOOO close!! I'm a wee bit jealous. Ok a lottabit jealous! Lol

Awesome, that Macy's holiday thing looks so neat!! So great she slept right through the line!!

BTW that buckle toy looks great, i should look into getting it for Aria - i think she'd love it! The shirt looks perfect, i love the flutter sleeves! :goodvibes

Oh my goodness at the pumpkin pie mess!! I forgot about those days! LOL.

Eeek you are SO close!! And FP+ for your first night! You'll have to text me how you liked the locations for the parade & fireworks since we'll be doing it just a few days later!! :cool1:

I was just sitting here at work enjoying the warmth from the sun shining in the window. It's really cold out right now: 6 degrees, in fact. But I was thinking about how the sun hitting me for these few minutes makes me feel like I'm on vacation. Then I realized that I really will be in warm sun in a couple short days! :cool1:

Also, while I was working from home yesterday, I called WDW to apply our stack of gift cards to our balance. We are now paid off and ready to go! No need to run gift cards at check-in. (We'll run some later in the trip to pay off dining and such that we'll use our Magic Bands/KTTW for, though). By the way, I read off 43 gift card numbers to the cast member and the entire call took 28 minutes. Not too bad! He said it was his personal record on gift card redemptions. :rotfl:

Back to work now for me. And, later, packing and preparing....busy, busy. Kinda wishing I had a couple more days.

Yay, you're here! Are you still going to be there during our visit? I can't believe it's December and the trip is almost here either! Time flies! It'll be fun to have her actually get to wear all these Disney things that we've had hanging in her closet (she's worn a few, but not most). Hope things are well with you!

It doesn't look good right now. We decided to do the EPCOT storytellers/DHS Osborne lights to end their Thanksgiving break, so there's no need for it in December. (Crush picked Blakers during Turtle Talk that day!) We have a habit of changing our minds, but nothing Disney is planned this month. Maybe a day trip on the 14th, but I'm not bothering with anything overnight for a while. I seem to get sick after every visit lately! It's really killing my desire to head back. :sick:

Brrrrrrrrr to your 6 degrees. It's in the 80's again. Hope it sticks around for your trip, even though I'm wishing it would cool down!

6 degrees! No thank you. I guess I shouldn't tell you it is currently 74 degrees here. I can't imagine how cold it gets there in January and February. I freeze when the temperature drops in the sixties. Yay for the paid off trip and double yay for it being right around the corner.

Hope you have a fantastic vacation!!

I have to remember when you refer to the temperature that it's farenheit not centigrade like we use here... Brrrrr 6 must be soo cold! (6 degrees here is about 40 Farenheit I think!) :upsidedow

Emma princess: x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter