We're Going Back!!!! Little Man's First Visit :) update 8/7

Kenzientysmom

Mouseketeer
I can't believe that we are actually going back....it has been 5 long years since our September 2012 trip. :woohoo:

When:
September 7-18, 2017

Where: POFQ (September 7) and AKL Jambo (September 8-18)

Who:

Me (Lindsay) 39 ::MinnieMo

Favorite park: Magic Kingdom (Epcot is a close second)
Favorite ride: Splash Mountain
Favorite character: Minnie
Favorite Disney movie: Beauty and the Beast
Favorite table service: Ohana

SO (Paul) 40 :chewy:

Favorite park: Hollywood Studios
Favorite ride: Kali River Rapids
Favorite character: doesn't know :rolleyes:
Favorite Disney movie: doesn't know :rolleyes:
Favorite table service: Ohana

Big M (17) :tinker:

Favorite park:
Favorite ride:
Favorite character:
Favorite Disney movie:
Favorite table service:

Little M (13) princess:

Favorite park:
Favorite ride:
Favorite character:
Favorite Disney movie:
Favorite table service:

Little Man (3 turning 4 during this trip) :stitch2:

Favorite park: TBD
Favorite ride: TBD
Favorite character: Moana
Favorite Disney movie: Moana
Favorite table service: TBD

Also coming along are Grandma D. and Gramdma and Gramps F.

How this trip came to be: Grandma and Gramps ran the idea past us last summer. We didn't really want to go until Little Man had reached 40". In July 2016, he measured at 39.5" (he is tall for his age), so it was a go for us.

Accommodations:

Originally we were going to wait until free dining dropped in the spring to book a moderate, however, I had seen on this board that you can rent DVC points. I ran the numbers and we could rent points at a deluxe resort and pay for the dining plan out of pocket for a little more than booking a mod direct though Disney.

Once free dining dropped, I realized that we had actually saved money as the mods were only getting free quick service and we would have had to pay for the upgrade to the regular dining plan. :cool1:

We had decided on Animal Kingdom Lodge mostly due to the lower number of points required for our 10 night stay, but also our kids would enjoy the theming. We needed to rent points for 3 standard studios to accommodate our party of 8. I realized that this would be no easy task so we went with David's Vacation Club Rentals. It took a little over a month for them to secure this reservation, but we were able to do it before the 7 month mark. I cannot say enough good things about David's so far. They have been very helpful, professional, and informative during this process.

Flights:

We stalked flights for months. Debated on flying out of Toronto or Buffalo. We live 45 minutes from Toronto and about 1 hr 45 from Buffalo. We finally found a great deal on Southwest from Buffalo. The only caveat is that we would have to fly out on the Thursday instead of the Friday morning. An extra night at Disney? Yes please! We ended up booking a cash reservation at POFQ for the Thursday night.

To be continued.

Last edited:
ADRs:

50's Primetime
Ohana
Liberty Tree Tavern
Boma
Whispering Canon Cafe (just Paul and I)
Be Our Guest (breakfast, lunch, and dinner)
Chefs de France
Tutto Italia
1900 Park Fare
Sci-Fi

Must try snacks:

Zebra domes
Popcorn bucket
Carrot cake cookie

Must try drinks:

Pandora sunrise

Must try counter service:

Sat'uli Canteen
Columbia Harbour House
Sunshine Seasons
Flametree BBQ

8/7/2017 update - We took the plunge last week and bought our first DVC contract at the Poly. After multiple attempts, we were able to snag a Animal Kingdom Moonlight Magic reservation for September 13th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter