We're going Deluxe! 6 nights, 5 character meals, 2 signatures & you can roll us out of there!

ellismom

Mouseketeer
Hi! I'm finally going for my own report here, I've lurked for years and hope I can help some others like everyone has helped me! Here's our run down:

-2 adults-myself and DH
-8 year old DS
-5 year old DD
6 nights at the Yacht Club, Club level (!) on the Deluxe dining plan...and the kids still don't know!!!

We'll be arriving in the world September 16 after driving down over the course of two days. I've had this trip planned for over a year now and it's evolved a lot and often. We started off booked at Coronado Springs business class...then they bulldozed our building! Thanks to these boards I knew it was coming and held strong onto my reservation. Then one day I got the magical call, we'd been upgraded to AKL Club Level! I was pumped but we had stayed at AKL last time we went in 2015 so we'd really wanted to experience a new resort. We also were not super excited at dealing with the long transportation times to and from parks again.

Sooooo when Free Dining came out I just had to poke around online (just in case) Low and behold we could switch over to the Yacht Club,Club Level with the Deluxe Dining Plan for less than we were paying originally at CSR!

We had eaten at the Yachtsman Steakhouse on our adults only 2015 trip and thought we would never be able to stay at this resort. We are so excited that the cards fell this way and cannot wait for this trip to finally get here!

Stay tuned for our ADRs and trip plans (and probably a lot more explanation points...)!

Here's our itinerary (for now):

Saturday: We will be coming from only an hour away instead of 8 hours away like we originally planned. We're hoping to arrive to YC by about 10/10:30 and start playing by the pool! We are so excited to actually get resort time this trip, we are usually squeezing it in for an hour somewhere mid week. We might get food from Hurricane Hanna's, we will definitely get a sunken treasure from Hurricane Hanna's! Later on we will venture to Disney Springs to eat at Homecoming! (It was Homecoming when I started planning this trip, so I'm keeping it old school and sticking with that. If the food is as good as it looks maybe I'll switch over to Homecomin' :rotfl2:) We've been drooling over the fried chicken and donuts online. We plan to order that, the fried green tomatoes and deviled eggs for sure. I know the kids can choose off the adult menu with the deluxe plan so DD will probably order the shrimp. That girl can put the shrimp away! Sunday brings our marathon Hollywood Studios day (which of course has changed at least three times).

Here's the rest of our ADR line up:

Hollywood Brown Derby lunch (with the Fantasmic pkg)- I know this place gets mixed reviews but I wanted to do the Fantasmic package and I really want to try that famous cobb salad!

Mama Melrose's dinner- this was not our first choice. I really wanted to do Sci-Fi and originally had it planned for lunch. I have seriously changed this day around so many times. Any thoughts? If I can actually get a Sci-Fi dinner reservation should I change it? I was looking forward to those pickle chips, but on the other hand I love a good cannoli!

Akershus Breakfast- The princess factor is the only reason we're trying this one! Anything to be sure to try?

Yorkshire County Fish Shoppe- Another Disney food item I live for from trip to trip. This is the only fish I've ever eaten in my life and something I crave all of the time.

Yachtsman Steakhouse dinner- DH and I have been waiting for this meal since 2015. Hands down best steak, spinach, potatoes I've ever had in my life. We also can't wait to go up to our resort room and freshen up and just go downstairs to eat. Have I mentioned we're excited yet?

Yak & Yeti lunch- DS will be pumped for the sushi app, DH and I are wanting to try the dim sum again

O'Hana dinner-Shrimp & noodles for DD, that dessert for the rest of us!

Cinderella's Royal Table Breakfast- We figure this is THE trip to eat at the castle. With DD being 5 we feel like this is the magical trip to pack in some of the extra princess meet & greets.

Sleepy Hollow lunch- last time we went to Disney we didn't know Sleepy Hollow stops serving the savory waffles after lunch time. I've never been so disappointed in the Magic Kingdom before. :snooty:

Be Our Guest dinner- We've eaten here twice for lunch and want to try dinner since we have the DXDP. DD would also like to meet the Beast. We've got her Belle dress all ready to go!

1900 Park Fare breakfast- We've eaten here for dinner and I'm hoping the breakfast characters are just as awesome

Chip n' Dale @ Garden Grill- At DH's request.

San Angel Inn or....Le Cellier- DH wants Mexican, I said we'd only go if we're actually eating in the pyramid! We also have the Le Cellier ADR. We're afraid we'll be sick of long fancy dinners at this point. Looking for opinions on this one too!!!

Minnie's Beach Bash at Cape May Cafe breakfast- Our farewell breakfast:confused3

Opinions are welcome! You know I'm not opposed to changing things again!:banana::rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter