We're Graduating High School, Spring Break - Mishaps, Mayhem & Magic! *COMLETE*SEE YA REAL SOON! 7/8

So last night I came back from my 10 day Spring Break from school. :sad1:
While not the most exciting Break, I did have a great time relaxing and enjoying my time away from school. I was also able to spend a lot of time with my friends and family which was great!
Sometimes you just need a few days of downtime to reconnect. I'm glad you had a good time!

(Of course I use only Disney bags to hold my luggage!:thumbsup2)
I never would have guessed. :rolleyes1

I listened to some music, my 80's playlist.:cool1:
:thumbsup2

My mom had heard there was a Winnie the Pooh display before coming in the children's section. She was excited to show me (she knows me so well!:D). The display included the original Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore, Piglet, ect.
Cool!

She wanted to surprise me, but sadly the display wasn't being shown at this time. :sad1: The display had been sent back to England where they were referbishing it. The librarians said Pooh and his friends would be back in the Spring, so my mom said we could come back.
Supposedly there was supposed to be a Mary Poppins display as well, but that was also gone for now and would be back in the Spring.
Well, that stinks! I'm sorry you missed out on all the special displays.

Hi Pooh:goodvibes
img_3973-jpg.156243
This might be mildly inappropriate, but doesn't it look like he's peeing in the honey jar?

Then we headed on the subway. Now I am not a hug fan of NYC subways, but it was either take a ride or walk like 30 blocks to out next destination, lunch, so we decided to take the ride!:rotfl2:
Yup... no reason to walk that far!

Now anyone that doesn't know Serendipity, it is a famous tourist attraction restaurant in NYC that is known for their frozen hot chocolate.
Interesting...

img_3979-jpg.156252

Ok, so a Frozen hot chocolate is this really yummy frozen drink. It is a signature item at Serendipity. Basically it tasts just like hot choclate, but they freeze it! The n then put whipped cream and choclate crunchies on top and it's just fantastic! :lovestruc
It definitely looks good. I can't really tell from the picture though, you say it is frozen, but to what kind of consistency? Is it like a milkshake or more like a slush?

Overall, my mom and I had a great day in the city!
I'm glad you got to spend a nice mother/daughter day together.

For dessert we shared the Strawberry and Ntuella pizza!
That looks amazing!

One of my main goals for the break was to see Zootopia since it had just come out. Towards the end of the break I didn't think it would happen, but the night before I left, my mom said she would take me, so we went! My brother also decided to come (he's 16) which I was very surprised about, since he is not a huge Disney fan.
Cool! I'm glad you all enjoyed it.

I will be posting a normal WDW update this weekend!
I hope all is well with all of you and I hope you are all have been enjoying the warmer weather!
I look forward to it! I'm glad you had a nice break and you're now ready to get back to the grind.

Sometimes you just need a few days of downtime to reconnect. I'm glad you had a good time!
Yes, it was nice not having to do any homework for a week! Now it's the countdown to summer break!:rotfl:
But thank you, I really did have a nice time.:goodvibes
I never would have guessed. :rolleyes1
I'm very predictable when it comes to choices of luggage!:rotfl2:
I'm a big fan of 80's music/movies. Between that and Disney music, sometimes I don't bother with music that plays today!:rotfl:
Yes I'm guessing it would be very cool. My mom and I will have to go to the library again when the display comes back.
Well, that stinks! I'm sorry you missed out on all the special displays.
No biggie, since we are so close to NYC it's pretty easy to get back, there's always next time!:thumbsup2
This might be mildly inappropriate, but doesn't it look like he's peeing in the honey jar?
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:This is great! I didn't think that before, but now that you said it, yes it does look like he is! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
Yup... no reason to walk that far!
Exactly!:thumbsup2
Interesting...
It is a very interesting drink!
It definitely looks good. I can't really tell from the picture though, you say it is frozen, but to what kind of consistency? Is it like a milkshake or more like a slus
It's very good! And it's a slushy consistency, but it's not too thick
I'm glad you got to spend a nice mother/daughter day together.
It was very nice and much needed!:goodvibes
That looks amazing!
It was! i love getting that pizza when I go there,
Cool! I'm glad you all enjoyed it.
Yes we really did! I will probably end up seeing it again with a friend or two if it is still out in mid may, when I'll be home for Summer...It's doing very well so it's very possible.
I look forward to it! I'm glad you had a nice break and you're now ready to get back to the grind.
Thanks! :goodvibes

Love the real life updates!!! I love that you can just roll into NYC. :headache: * mindblown! *

Disney luggage! You legend. I might buy some in Florida this year, I like your white case!

Wow where abouts is this?! It looks just like the English countryside!

If you've never bee to Grand Central before, the pictures I have don't do justice!

Ooh ooh me! I have! :wave: it's a beautiful building.

Nice shot! It looks like a much taller building/room than I remember it :lovestruc

My mom had heard there was a Winnie the Pooh display before coming in the children's section. She was excited to show me (she knows me so well!:D). The display included the original Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore, Piglet, ect. She wanted to surprise me, but sadly the display wasn't being shown at this time. :sad1:

Oh shoot. Hopefully it will be back for you to see. But that's sweet that mom was excited to show you :goodvibes

We got off the subway, walked a little more, and then arrived at our lunch destination!
Serendipity!

Now anyone that doesn't know Serendipity, it is a famous tourist attraction restaurant in NYC that is known for their frozen hot chocolate.
:hyper:
Now what is a Frozen Hot Chocolate?! I'll explain below!::yes::
The restaurant is also featured in the movies "Serendipity", with John Cusack, and One Fine Day, to name a couple.
My mom ordered really yummy sandwiches for lunch (sorry no pictures) and then got a Frozen Hot Chocolate to share for dessert.
img_3979-jpg.156252

This looks amazing! Sounds like something I would love, I wonder why I never went there. We went to The Chocolate Room in Brooklyn though, have you been there?! So much chocolaty goodness in NY!!! :lovestruc

Owww you guysss :hug:

Overall, my mom and I had a great day in the city!

Sounds like so much fun!! Thanks for sharing, I love hearing real life updates! Makes me feel like I know you on another level..I don't know if that's a weird thing to say or not but who cares :laughing:

Here is my dog Molly sleeping!:rotfl2:
img_3992-jpg.156257

Oww she's like a little sheep :lovestruc

Omg :faint:

One night, I was in the mood to watch something fun.
I settled on this:

img_3996-jpg.156260

Sing along songs are my JAM!!!!! :cool1: I had so many of these when I was an infant, apparently they were the only thing that would shut me up :laughing: We just had some DVDs shipped to my baby cousin in Canada, apparently they still work a treat on the children of today!

We all LOVED it. I won't give anything away, but I will say it is a really great movie. Disney really did a good job with this one, thought outside of the box and created a classic.

Yay!! We saw a preview on Sunday, I LOVED it!!! I thought the humour was really different to usual Disney humour, the whole theater was cracking up!! Ugh I love Flash, I hope WDW has some merch of him!

img_3997-jpg.156263
@TheLittleKatie - you have this one right?

YES this is what I have!! It's still just propped up against the wall, I really need a proper plate holder for it. God forbid someone mistakes it for a real plate and eats something off it :sad2: :laughing:

Love the real life updates!!! I love that you can just roll into NYC. :headache: * mindblown! *
Yes it is very cool, I just wish I took more advantage of that lol:rotfl2:
Disney luggage! You legend. I might buy some in Florida this year, I like your white case!
Thank you! Yes I love my Disney luggage - it honestly is very well made. I actually had ordered it on the DisneyStore.com but I know you've said that the UK version is sometimes different.. But yes they always sell it in the parks as well...it would be perfect for you to put any souvenirs that you buy next time you go!:thumbsup2
Wow where abouts is this?! It looks just like the English countryside!
This is in Upsttae NY! That's the funny thing about NY, when most people think of it, they think of NYC, but there is honestly a lot of farmland in upstate ny.
Ooh ooh me! I have! :wave: it's a beautiful building.
It really is! A true NY landmark::yes::
Nice shot! It looks like a much taller building/room than I remember it :lovestruc
:goodvibes
Oh shoot. Hopefully it will be back for you to see. But that's sweet that mom was excited to show you :goodvibes
Yeah, knowing my mom she'l want to go soon again! If I ever get to see it, I will definitely post about it!:goodvibes
This looks amazing! Sounds like something I would love, I wonder why I never went there. We went to The Chocolate Room in Brooklyn though, have you been there?! So much chocolaty goodness in NY!!! :lovestruc
It really was! Lol, no I haven't been there before, but honestly there are so many great places to eat in NY, it's hard to get to them all!:rotfl2:
Owww you guysss :hug:
:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes
Sounds like so much fun!! Thanks for sharing, I love hearing real life updates! Makes me feel like I know you on another level..I don't know if that's a weird thing to say or not but who cares :laughing:
No of course not! I love life updates as well! I just haven't had much interesting stuff to talk about, which is why I've only done two:rotfl:
Oww she's like a little sheep :lovestruc
She is, lol I don't know if this is weird but I call her a bunny all the time. For almost 13 years old, shes always hopping on the couch and jumping..which I guess is why:rotfl2:
It is amazing!!!::yes::
Sing along songs are my JAM!!!!! :cool1: I had so many of these when I was an infant, apparently they were the only thing that would shut me up :laughing: We just had some DVDs shipped to my baby cousin in Canada, apparently they still work a treat on the children of today!
ME TOO! I especially love the ones that have "real" Mickey and Friends, and real people, but all of them are great. And oh yes, I will definitely be showing these to my kids someday!::yes::
Yay!! We saw a preview on Sunday, I LOVED it!!! I thought the humour was really different to usual Disney humour, the whole theater was cracking up!! Ugh I love Flash, I hope WDW has some merch of him!
Oh good I'm glad you liked the preview! And yes it was really funny. Flash is great, but since you mentioned it, I looked on The Disney Store website to see what Flash merchandise they have but sadly they don't have much! There is no full size plush for him, or a tsum tsum, whiile they have like every other character in the movie!:sad2: I really think besides the two main characters, Flash will be considered one of the favorite supporting roles. Hopefully they will release more merchandise for him eventually. I will make sure to look and see if they have anything this summer...
Also, I don't know if you've heard it, but here is the song that Shakira sings for the movie! It is so good and I've been listening to it since I saw Zootopia last week. And since I know we share a love for catchy songs, I wanted to pass it along!:lovestruc
YES this is what I have!! It's still just propped up against the wall, I really need a proper plate holder for it. God forbid someone mistakes it for a real plate and eats something off it :sad2: :laughing:
I'm going to look for one when I'm home for summer break. And of course, who could eat off a plate that is that pretty?:laughing:

Thanks for reading Katie!:lovestruc

Hi! I have just joined in! I am planning a trip next year for some friends and I am therefore I am loving reading this!!!! Can't wait to read the rest!

Hi! I have just joined in!
HI! :wave2: and :welcome:
I am planning a trip next year for some friends and I am therefore I am loving reading this!!!!
Ooh that's so fun!:goodvibes I definitely recommend you taking a trip with your friends! While the trip I took with my friends was very different then any other Disney trip I have ever experienced, it was one of the most fun! My friends always talk about taking another trip and hopefully we will sooner then later!::yes:: Would you be the main planner for the trip?
Can't wait to read the rest!
Thank you for being here! I will have another update this weekend!:thumbsup2

Day 6 - Around the World in 12 Hours:
Part 1 - Test Track Terror!

Me and the girls woke up that morning excited for the day. We were headed to EPCOT!
From my notes/pictures, I believe we got to the bus stop at 8:40. One came at 8:47!:thumbsup2
IMG_1709.jpg
We hopped right on ready to start the day!
I was very excited since F&G was happening during our trip, and it was my first time, and my friends for that matter being able to see it!:goodvibes
I had wanted to get to EPCOT at 9am RD.

Well we pretty much did, as we walked through the gates at like 9:02.
The security guard called me princess, so that was nice:goodvibes
BUT backing up a bit, while on the bus I checked MDE just to get an idea of the times for things so far. I was looking at TT in particular, since I had FPs for Soarin, and wanted to RD TT.

TT was already saying 60 mins. And it had just turned 9am:scared1::scared1::scared1:
Needless to say I was freaking out a little bit.:eek::eek::eek:
But I tried to stay calm and tell myself it couldn't be that bad.
WRONG!:rotfl2:
But we walked through the gates and I had to get a picture of this beautiful sight!
IMG_1710.jpg
:lovestruc

Then, we all scurried over to TT.

And I saw this sight:
IMG_1712.jpg

And this one:

IMG_1713.jpg

And finally this one:
THIS was the end of the line for TT!:scared1::scared1::scared1:
IMG_1714.jpg
It was all the back to MouseGears!

AND the time was up to 90mins now!:scared1::scared1::scared1:

I could not believe it. Never in my life had I ever seen TT that busy.:rolleyes:
Thinking about it now, I guess it makes sense since it is always busy and it was right in the heart of Spring Break Season, but still it was like 9:10:sad2:

Ok, so I had to do some thinking here. We had FPs for Soarin at 10am to 11am.
I didn't think those times would be a problem, but since TT was 90 mins I was getting nervous.
I talked to my friends about it and was pretty confident if we got on now (9:15) we should still have enough time to et to Soarin after, if we ran.:rotfl:
Also I wanted to go on TT now since I didn't want to spend time in The Future World later, and i knew it would just continue to get busy as the day went on...
So we finally got in line at 9:15, and I was hoping for the best...

***Also, I knew we could have done Single Rider, as it was going on at that time and it was obviously shorter, but I really wanted to be able to ride with everyone if I had the chance!***

We got into the building pretty quickly..

And got bored so starting taking pictures of our feet?:rotfl:
IMG_1715.jpg
More feet.:bitelip:
IMG_1716.jpg

This was my car, and I think KellyAnn and Natalies, looking at the picture...
IMG_1717.jpg

Cute right?:rotfl2:
IMG_1719.jpg

If I remember correctly, we got on the ride at around 10:30, so I was feeling really good no! It ended up being about 75 mins to get through the line, and it was worth it!

FullSizeRender.jpg

Everyone loved it, as I thought they would!:thumbsup2

After, it was 10:40, so we starting quickly heading over to The Land to be able to Fly Over California!:laughing::laughing::laughing:

(Keep reading for next part!)
:wizard:

Day 6 - Around the World in 12 hours!
Part 2 - Soarin, Seas, and Spring

We raced over to the Land in order to make our FPs for Soarin.
I took a picture to remind myself, we got in at 10:47, 13 mins to spare:thumbsup2

It hard to see from the picture, but standby was 110 mins at this point...
IMG_1721.jpg

We had a great ride, another hit with the group!:thumbsup2
IMG_1722.jpg

Then, we headed out of the land and went toward the Seas.
I had a 11am to 12:00pm FP for Nemo, and even though we didn't need it, decided to use it anyway since we were within our time frame.

There wasn't even a wait time!:rotfl2:
IMG_1723.jpg

IMG_1725.jpg

We had a great swim with Nemo and friends!:fish:

After we went straight to Crush.
I got some questions about what it was, and i told everyone it was kind of like the same experience we had had the other day at Monsters in MK.
Everyone said ok and we went in
IMG_1726.jpg

BIG BIG hit! We were all laughing hysterically.:rotfl2:
I love how in the past few years they have added different things/jokes to the experience. I also heard they added some new friends from Finding Dory,which I'm excited to see when I go back this Summer!:flower1:

Then I wanted to take some pictures of the beautiful topiaries!
IMG_1727.jpg

IMG_1728.jpg

And the beautiful fountain:goodvibes
IMG_1730.jpg

Decided to get a group shot, :goodvibes
IMG_1731.jpg

And I took some more on my own.:goodvibes
I love how all the flowers are such pretty and bright colors!
Disney does such a great job with the F&G festival and making sure EPCOT looks beautiful
IMG_1735.jpg

(continued in next post)

(continued from previous post)

More pictures!

I wanted to get a picture with the monorail in front of Spaceship Earth!
FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_1740.jpg

There was also this really cute playground for the kids, I don't remember what it was themed after, but I guess it would be Inside Out???
Either way it was cute though!
IMG_1747.jpg

Bambi, Thumper and Flower:lovestruc
IMG_1749.jpg

At this point everyone was starting to get very hungry, which was understandable.
I told everyone there would be plenty of QS food options around the world.
But, I had another FP coming up at 12, Spaceship Earth.
It was 11:30am at the point, and no one seemed to care too much, except Alessa.
So since this story won't make much sense anywhere else today, long story short, we decided to get lunch and start walking around the world, The FP came and went and we did not get to go on Spaceship Earth.:(
I was a little bummed out but I got over it quickly. ::yes::
We got the two headliners done + more.
As you will see later, we just enjoyed spending time in the countries so much, SE wasn't much of a priority, and also, the line always seemed a bit too long.
Alessa likes to still remind me that we didn't get to go on...
:rolleyes:

But anyways, at this point we started on our trek around the world., and were very excited to see what was in store:hyper:

More coming soon!
:flower1:

Hello :wave2: and :welcome:
I have my disney plates hanging on the wall with cheap hangers I got at Michael's. $2 or so I want to say?
Oh wow great! Thanks for the tip. I will make sure I get to Michaels and take a look. Do you happen to know if they also had one that do not hang on the wall, like one you would place on a shelf?
I am enjoying your report.
Thanks so much for reading along!:flower1:

Hello :wave2: and :welcome:

Oh wow great! Thanks for the tip. I will make sure I get to Michaels and take a look. Do you happen to know if they also had one that do not hang on the wall, like one you would place on a shelf?

Thanks so much for reading along!:flower1:
That I am not sure. I have a small one of those for a different plate that I got a long long time ago. But I am a cheapo so I am sure I got that at Michael's or AC Moore for little money too

Just read the whole thing!
Hi! :wave2: and :welcome:
Thanks for reading along!! More to come soon!:flower1:
Looks like such a fun trip!:daisy:
It really was, we had such a great time! :goodvibes
That I am not sure. I have a small one of those for a different plate that I got a long long time ago. But I am a cheapo so I am sure I got that at Michael's or AC Moore for little money too
Ok thanks for the tip! I will be sure to check in Michael's very soon! I appreciate the information!:goodvibes

TT was already saying 60 mins. And it had just turned 9am:scared1::scared1::scared1:
Needless to say I was freaking out a little bit.:eek::eek::eek:
But I tried to stay calm and tell myself it couldn't be that bad.
WRONG!:rotfl2:
Yikes! Next time you'll know better than to be 2 minutes late.

But we walked through the gates and I had to get a picture of this beautiful sight!
Who has time for pictures when the TT line is already an hour!!!!!

I could not believe it. Never in my life had I ever seen TT that busy.:rolleyes:
Thinking about it now, I guess it makes sense since it is always busy and it was right in the heart of Spring Break Season, but still it was like 9:10:sad2:
Well, when you have a park with basically 2 headline attractions... :rolleyes1

***Also, I knew we could have done Single Rider, as it was going on at that time and it was obviously shorter, but I really wanted to be able to ride with everyone if I had the chance!***
Makes sense. I'd have done the same. Single Rider works in a pinch, but riding together is more fun.

If I remember correctly, we got on the ride at around 10:30, so I was feeling really good no! It ended up being about 75 mins to get through the line, and it was worth it!
Well, that's better than 90 minutes. :rolleyes1

It hard to see from the picture, but standby was 110 mins at this point...
This is just crazy! Busy morning at EPCOT!

That's because everybody is at Soarin' and TT.

Alessa likes to still remind me that we didn't get to go on... :rolleyes:
You know, I'd be bummed about missing that one too... but food...

Yikes! Next time you'll know better than to be 2 minutes late.
Yes I know! I will be more prepared!
Who has time for pictures when the TT line is already an hour!!!!!
Me :wave:...:blush:
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
Well, when you have a park with basically 2 headline attractions... :rolleyes1
I know...you could really tell from that day.:sad2:
Makes sense. I'd have done the same. Single Rider works in a pinch, but riding together is more fun.
Yes, exactly. And it was worth it!::yes::
Well, that's better than 90 minutes. :rolleyes1
Definitely.::yes::
This is just crazy! Busy morning at EPCOT!
It really was. Between EPCOT and HS, those were some of the biggest crowds I had ever seen.
That's because everybody is at Soarin' and TT.
True lol, but I have seen Nemo with some sort of a wait, but it was still very early...and I guess a lot of people may pick it as they're throw away FP? I don't know...I usually just do because I know I'm going to ride it anyway!
You know, I'd be bummed about missing that one too... but food...
Yeah I know, since it is the headliner classic, but everyone perked up once we got some food in our systems!:thumbsup2

Me and the girls woke up that morning excited for the day. We were headed to EPCOT!
From my notes/pictures, I believe we got to the bus stop at 8:40. One came at 8:47!:thumbsup2
img_1709-jpg.157165
ANOTHER fancy bus? You guys are getting lucky!

It was all the back to MouseGears!

AND the time was up to 90mins now!:scared1::scared1::scared1:
Gotta love Spring Break crowds!

Then, we headed out of the land and went toward the Seas.
I had a 11am to 12:00pm FP for Nemo, and even though we didn't need it, decided to use it anyway since we were within our time frame.

I understand why they do the tiering system in Epcot, but it still stinks. You end up using fast passes on attractions that you otherwise definitely wouldn't need them for.

There was also this really cute playground for the kids, I don't remember what it was themed after, but I guess it would be Inside Out???
Either way it was cute though!
img_1747-jpg.157187
Looks like Monsters Inc.!

So since this story won't make much sense anywhere else today, long story short, we decided to get lunch and start walking around the world, The FP came and went and we did not get to go on Spaceship Earth.:(
Bummer, but you guys still got alot done in the morning!

ANOTHER fancy bus? You guys are getting lucky!
I know! It was very interesting to see all the different busses. I guess with the big crowds that week Disney decided to have some more busses at every resort to help with the volume of people.:thumbsup2
Gotta love Spring Break crowds!
Lol, you can say that again. But besides that, I was still shocked, since we had JUST walked into the park.:sad2:
I understand why they do the tiering system in Epcot, but it still stinks. You end up using fast passes on attractions that you otherwise definitely wouldn't need them for.
Exactly...I'm wondering where the new Frozen ride and meet and greet will go in this tiering system.
Looks like Monsters Inc.!
It does! Honestly it could be...I just can't tell from the picture and since it was almost a year ago I don't remember exactly. I'm thinking it could be inside out though since the movie was about to come out...:scratchin
Bummer, but you guys still got alot done in the morning!
Yes we did! We were happy with what we had accomplished!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter