• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We're Home From the Road!! 17 Days of Travel with Tons of Pics~COMPLETE!!

Day 14, Part 1:​

We were up at 7am to pack up. We went over to the Waffle Spot restaurant and ended up being seated in the Amigo Spot restaurant at the same table we did dinner at and also got the same waitress!!! We couldn't have been any happier for that. It made things much easier as she knew of Shy's allergies.

Once again, the food was excellent!!

We went back to our rooms to finish packing up and loading the van. We were checked out and on the road by 10am. It was going to be a very long trip today as we would be traveling all the way to Sacramento. Mike decided to travel on the 405 instead of I-5 hoping there would be less traffic......I don't think it mattered.....lol

We were near the Long Beach Airport & got to see the planes way low as they went over the freeway.

Back on I-5 & headed towards the Grapevine.

We did our lunch break at the In & Out at the bottom of the Grapevine (north end).

Continuing north towards Sac and we got to pass by Coalinga (P>>>>U>>>>>) This place always reeks but it's even better when it's hot & sunny out.....lol

We passed a lot of these trucks full of roma tomatoes!!

Day 14, Part 2:​

A very long day in the van but we made it to Sacramento at 7:30pm. We checked into our rooms at the Super 8-Sac Airport. The rooms were nice & pretty good sized. We had adjoining rooms.

We walked to the Black Bear Diner that was next door to have dinner. We love Black Bear!! We have stopped at different ones on previous trips and also when we lived in Medford, we would go to the one there.

Dinner was good & filling. We were all exhausted and so we headed back to our rooms for some much needed sleep.

Yay you are almost to "our day" lol. Seaworld looked fun. I am looking forward to going again as it has been years. I think prob 07 or maybe even 06 last time we went. Either way a while! Fun!

Yay you are almost to "our day" lol. Seaworld looked fun. I am looking forward to going again as it has been years. I think prob 07 or maybe even 06 last time we went. Either way a while! Fun!

I loved SeaWorld....especially the shows!! Manta was a really fun ride but the rest I'll pass on......lol

Loved the Sea World Pictures! I haven't been in years but it sounds fun. Just wanted to clarify that it's LAX in those pictures, not Long Beach

Loved the Sea World Pictures! I haven't been in years but it sounds fun. Just wanted to clarify that it's LAX in those pictures, not Long Beach

Thanks!! You know, I thought it was LAX but then for some reason I ended up putting Long Beach.....thanks for setting it right!! :goodvibes

Day 15, Part 1:​

Up at 7am to get breakfast at the Black Bear Diner before heading out for the day. We got the same corner table we had 12 hours earlier.

Back to the motel to pack up & reload van and head into Old Town area of Sacramento. We would be meeting up with 2 of the Dis Diva's and their kids at the California State Railroad Museum. I took these as we were driving there.

We arrived & parked and I saw Kelly (kelmac284) & her 2 daughters, Shelby & Katie. Jen (MrsPinup) had posted of Facebook that she was running late & to go ahead and start & they would catch up with us. These pictures were taken in the lobby.

Day 15, Part 2:​

We paid our admission and we went inside. Mike & Betty went off to explore (and take lots of pictures), Tyler took Shy to go look at trains, Derek explored the different benches since he was having knee issues and the rest of us kinda just hung out chatting. Jen and her 3 kids (2 sons T & B and her daughter B) came in and joined us.

Day 15, Part 5:​

........more trains!

Mike & Betty continued their tour through the museum and the rest of us decided to take the kids upstairs to play with the train sets.

Day 15, Part 6:​

I told you Mike took a lot of pictures of the trains......I'm only including about 2/3(?) of them.

These are from upstairs at the museum.

LOOK! I found a tie to Disney......lol

Day 15, Part 7:​

The kids playing with the train sets.

We stopped in the gift shop & I picked up a few items for Betty as a Birthday Gift and then went back to the lobby and did a group photo. (minus Derek who was outside and Tyler who decided to take the picture).

We get done with the group shot and we look outside the doors & there were tons of these tiny little mice coming up through the boards at the entrance!!! EEK!!!! Everyone thought they were cute but I just wanted to get off of that part of the walkway as soon as I could!!

These were as we were watching the mice & saying our goodbyes.

We said goodbye & headed north. We made a quick stop to get Shyann some lunch in Williams. We made a stop a little further north to get everyone else some lunch at Arby's.

Day 15, Part 8:​

As most of you know, California is in a heavy drought. Very evident as we passed over Shasta Lake. These pictures make me sad.

Mt Shasta in late July.

Yay, the Oregon border!!

We made it to Jacksonville, to drop Anthony & Addy off at our friends house, where they would be staying the next 2 nights. Nick & Marie, (my oldest son & his wife) were supposed to meet us in Medford/Central Point at the Super 8 motel where we would stay but surprised us by showing up at our friends house!!! After getting Anthony & Addy settled, we headed to the motel to get checked in. Nick & Marie were going to share Betty's room for the first night, Mike & I with the twins took the second room while Tyler & Derek got picked up by their friend Matt to stay with him for 2 nights. So we were all over the place the last 2 nights of our trip.

Once in our rooms, we all got our swimsuits on and headed to the pool & hot tub. They have a big slide that Shy went down with Mike......once! She decided that jumping off the side of the pool would be more fun.

After swimming, we got changed and headed out to Si Casa Flores for a late dinner. Michayla fell asleep in her chair & Shy struggled to stay awake to eat. Margarita yumminess!!

Headed back to the motel and we all dropped after a very long & full day!!

Ice or roller skating?

Oh wow, sounds like you'll have a great weekend at WDW.....almost sounds like you should maybe add a few days......lol (aren't I a good influence??) :hyper: Derek doesn't get there until the first week of February, so you'll miss getting to see him (if by chance your paths crossed). His first time on the college program he worked in the food court at All Star Movies!!

Ice skating. It was fun but also a lot of work.

Wish I could spend more time at WDW...but the girls can't get any more time out of work. Too bad we'll miss Derek.

Ice skating. It was fun but also a lot of work.

Wish I could spend more time at WDW...but the girls can't get any more time out of work. Too bad we'll miss Derek.

I imagine it was! Sports are good for kids but it takes a lot of dedication from the entire family, plus lots of money!! :crazy2:

After Mike & I did the quick trip last October to WDW, it just made me want to go back!! 3 days was definitely not enough time for our first time.....lol Glad we did it though, now we are more prepared and ready to take the whole family in August!

We also enjoyed our day at Sea World this summer. Got wet on Shipwreck Rapids, dried off gradually, and got wet again on Atlantis. The photos of you coming down the Atlantis drop are priceless!! :eek:

The breakfast with Shamu looks pretty cool. I could probably talk DH (the animal lover) into that someday ...

I had originally thought about staying for night Shamu show and the fireworks, but after I woke up that morning at 4:30 and couldn't sleep, I knew we couldn't stay until 10:00 and me drive an hour and a half back to Huntington Beach. So we left around 8 p.m. after a very full day. My kids finally got to ride the skyway!

PHXscuba

Yay for the Sacramento day LOL. Thanks for sharing the pics and how cute that one of the twins fell asleep with her little car LOL. Sad that your report is almost over but hoping you will be doing a new report for your DW trip!!

The kids look adorable. I have a shirt similar to what Addy was wearing to Sea World, except, it's black and from 2009. I like how next to Anthony there's an animal in the picture. I'm a coaster girl so I would have loved to go on it with Anthony.

We also enjoyed our day at Sea World this summer. Got wet on Shipwreck Rapids, dried off gradually, and got wet again on Atlantis. The photos of you coming down the Atlantis drop are priceless!! :eek:

The breakfast with Shamu looks pretty cool. I could probably talk DH (the animal lover) into that someday ...

I had originally thought about staying for night Shamu show and the fireworks, but after I woke up that morning at 4:30 and couldn't sleep, I knew we couldn't stay until 10:00 and me drive an hour and a half back to Huntington Beach. So we left around 8 p.m. after a very full day. My kids finally got to ride the skyway!

PHXscuba

We were lucky that we stayed close enough we had the option to take a midday break. Of course if I had known, that more than half the family wouldn't go back that night....I might have stayed a tad longer before leaving. We didn't even get the twins over to the area of the kiddie rides.

Yay for the Sacramento day LOL. Thanks for sharing the pics and how cute that one of the twins fell asleep with her little car LOL. Sad that your report is almost over but hoping you will be doing a new report for your DW trip!!

Shy sleeps with that pink car, like most kids snuggle a blanket or stuffed toy. She also has semi's & a bus she sleeps with.

The kids look adorable. I have a shirt similar to what Addy was wearing to Sea World, except, it's black and from 2009. I like how next to Anthony there's an animal in the picture. I'm a coaster girl so I would have loved to go on it with Anthony.

I thought that was cute adding the otter in Anthony's picture. I really should have had Addy & Anthony ride together & me by myself but Addy wanted to ride beside me. She's more of a dare devil than Anthony.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter