• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We're Off!

wilki32

Mouseketeer
Well just typed this pressed the wrong button and puff, off it went!
So where was I, to start with a huge thankyou to everyone thats given me advice, it is all so much appreciated.

We're off tomorrow luchtime, driving to Ashford the staying overnight. Monday morning catch the train then drive down to DCR and taste then magic :cool1:

My last question is more advice, I'd love to take DF & DM on POTC but...DF had a triple bypass 5 years ago & DM is diabetic (injection) and after reading on another thread that a lady with diabetes died after the ride, she had allegedly had strokes beforehand which isn't so with my parents, but still worried me. I suppose it's the small drop which is a bit of a surprise but as they loved the film I know they would love to see where it started.

Anyway, we are so excited and if I get some good replies I may even do a trip report! :rotfl:

Anthony :wave2:

Anthony, I don't honestly think that POTC will be any problem for your parents. It is actually a very tame ride. IMHO the teacups for example would be much worse than POTC. In POTC there are a few small drops but nothing dramatic. If anything happened to anyone after riding POTC, IMHO it would just be coincidental. It is a wonderfully themed ride and next to Haunted Mansion it is my favourite ride in park. It is not one to be missed!! I hope you all have a wonderful time and I will now expect a trip report on your return :rotfl:

My DH had a heart bypass seven years ago, sadly he is having problems again now and may have to have the bypass surgery done again but he just did Pirates of the Caribean about 8 times ! ( Last week ) There are two points at which the boat drops but they are not drops from a great height, all be it in the dark. He also did BTM several times but the Rocking roller coaster was to be avoioded at all cost !

Have a great time. We stayed at the Holiday Inn in Ashford - it was brill but the central Holiday Inn does not have a lift, so if you are staying there maybe you should contact them asap and ask for a ground floor room - we had to carry heavy suitcases up a stars and down again - not a good idea

Anthony

my youngest DD 3 went on POTC four times, before see said she had had enough.
The drops are not that great and you have plenty of warning to talk them through what is about to happen. :)

Reid

Oh, in case there is any doubt DH didn't do Indianna Jones, or Mission Space either, to be honest I think what rides your DF & DM go on are a matter of common sense and personal taste. My DH did do the Montoo at Bush Gardens 7 months after his Heart Bypass and with the Consultants approval, I'm not sure if it was a case of my DH wanting to proove he could do it and feel confident again ( he was in his early 40's at the time with and 18 month old son ) or that the Surgeon wanted to show what a good surgeon he is, DH regreted it and wouldn't do it again with or without doctors consent, and the surgeon may have to repeat the bypasses - not that this can be put down to the Montoo ride or down to the Surgeon's ability, it is sadly just one of those things.

Dee, Sorry to hear your DH may have to go through bypass surgery again. That must be very stressful for you all!!!

Dee - best wishes for your DH, and you and your family. :goodvibes

Anthony - hope you all have a wonderful time!! :Pinkbounc

Anthony, have a wonderful time! I'm sure your DF and DM will love it. And yes, it is a requirement of this board that you HAVE to write a trippie!!!:rotfl:

Dee, lots of :grouphug: for you and your DH.

Have a wonderful trip Anthony - I'm sure your mum and dad will have a great time. As said before - PoC is really tame and I'm sure they'll love it. Looking forward to your trippie already!!! ;)

Thanks everyone for your messages of support, I didn't mean to sidetrack the thread it was just that I wanted to give Anthony a indication of just how tame the ride is.

It has been a bit of a shock for me, although DH knew that he had the angina back and thought that there might be problems I had hoped and prayed for the best.

DH was a keen cyclist, never smoked, never drank but with a distinct family history of heart disease- we were not aware of this until my husband was referred to a cardiologist because there was a slight remote chance that the pain he was having might be in connection with his heart, at which point my DMIL informed us that my DH's father had dropped dead at 29 with a heart attack and that she had been told then that it was hereditry.:scared1: :eek: She had always claimed previously that he had died of a bleed in the brain. When we obtained the death certificate we found that the death from a heart attack was the coorect info- by which time we already had 4 sons!

In spite of DH following all the rules with a chlorestrial level of only 3 it would appear that the problem is back - nothing more he can do to avoid it, although he is now going to try the red wine theory too.

I think the red wine theory sounds like a lot of fun!!! Seriously Dee I hope everything goes well for your DH - it must be terribly worrying for you just now. Sending lots of good wishes to you both!!

Thanks again everyone, I think I'll leave it to them, maybe a little push in the right direction!

Dee I know that words of sympathy are good but never take the pain away. I hope, no I know your DH will get through this, hey anyone that can ride monto has got to have a very stromg will and thats what is important. I look at my Dad now, he's twice my age and probably twice as fit. Hope everything goes well.

Well for me the weather is perfect, raining, so I'm off to get the car washed and then where were we going...oh yes DISNEY!!!!!!!! :cool1: Sorry to anyone not going :rolleyes1 but hey I'm too excited! :cool1:

Take care and I'll sort the trip report out when I get back.

Anthony

Have a great trip Anthony - can't wait to hear your thoughts when you get back.

Dee :grouphug:

Hope you all have a wonderful time and fully enjoy POTC!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter