We're Sailing to....Disneyland? Lots of Pics! GANGSTA KINGDOM 8/31

Tammie - Your plans look great! Since your grandkids are still young - I agree, it's a good idea to plan things as early as you can. Those babies certainly like to get up with the sun, don't they? Might as well take advantage of it!

And -- Dumbo -- it's a MUST-DO for us every trip also!:love:

(I can't remember - have you been to DL before?)

Yes, they do get up with the sun! I was thinking since the DLH is walking distance, we should be able to come back and forth without too much time wasted - good for nappie time. We have actually been to DL quite a bit - DH has an uncle in the Anaheim area who is our age - we visit them almost every year and DL is usually part of the vacation! I never get tired of it - it is different than WDW for sure.

i'm clueless when it comes to DL, so i have no advice on your plans.......i just wish you luck with them! i hope to make it there one day. DH and i want to do a trip where we go to yellowstone and then drive down the california coast and of course DL will be involved in that! i want to wait until we have a child though because i hear DL is great for kids. :thumbsup2

DL is great for kids of all ages! ;) SpartanGirl did the trip you're describing, minus yellowstone - it made a really great report and she took fab pics! You might want to check it out - she is on this thread!

Aren't we all kids here?;)

That's what I was thinking! I always let myself be a kid at Disney! :cutie:

Aren't we all kids here?;)

very true! :goodvibes

DL is great for kids of all ages! ;) SpartanGirl did the trip you're describing, minus yellowstone - it made a really great report and she took fab pics! You might want to check it out - she is on this thread!

i've actually read that and it was part of the inspiration for the trip! DH has always wanted to go to yellowstone. i added the california coast part. i figured it's doable if we plan it well. that's WAY off in the future so i've got plenty of time! :laughing:

I'm excited to read your DL plans. It will definitely help me with my plans for my upcoming DL trip!

Thanks for coming along! It will be a little different with everything revolving around the little ones, but I'll take pics of the big stuff, too! When are you going to DL again?

Thanks for coming along! It will be a little different with everything revolving around the little ones, but I'll take pics of the big stuff, too! When are you going to DL again?

We're supposed to go in April, so I won't get to see your pics before. However, reading your plans will just help me to know what's there since I've never been!

Day Three - California Adventure

Sleep In! :banana: :banana: CA opens at 10am

Soarin'
Toy Story Mania (NEW!)
Heimlich's Chew Chew Train
Princess Dot's Puddle Park
Tuck-N-Roll Bumper Cars
1:00- Lunch - Corn Dog Castle -(world's best, according to UtahMama!)
1:30 - Nappie Time for Donald and Minnie!
(Goofy and Tink Ride TOT, CS, ...?)
3:30 - Head to Playhouse Disney Live,
5:00 - Ride Monster's Inc.
5:30 - Dinner - MiMis Cafe
7:00 - Kid's choice - Brother Bear? Swim?
9:00pm - Bedtime for Donald and Minnie
(Jiminy and Cindy to Disneyland for Splash Mtn and POC, fireworks)

Day Four up next!

This will be another ambitious day - our last!

July 2nd - Disneyland - Bright and Early!

8:00am - TOMORROWLAND!
-Nemo
-Get FP for Buzz
-Autopia

ADVENTURELAND
***GET A DOLE WHIP***:banana: :banana: :banana:
-Jungle Cruise
-Pirate's Lair

FRONTIERLAND

11:00 - Lunch - Horseshoe or Stage Door Cafe
-Shooting Gallery
-Get FP for TOT (Jiminy and Cindy)
-Winnie the Pooh? (Donald and Minnie)
1:00 - Nap Time and Swim
Jiminy and Cindy ride Grizzly Rapids, TOT and CS!

5:00 - Dinner - Tony Roma's

6:00 - Parade - Disneyland
7:00 - 9:00 - Shopping/Swimming?
9:00 - 12:00 -Bedtime - Goofy and Tink to Disneyland

Next - What else?

We're supposed to go in April, so I won't get to see your pics before. However, reading your plans will just help me to know what's there since I've never been!

April will be a fun time to be there! Don't forget a light jacket - it may still be a little breezy in the morning and evenings.

There are alot of fun restaurants on S Harbour as well as W Katella, I believe - there aren't so many TS type places at DL. I love Joe's Crabshack, if you haven't been! It's on S Harbour, past Orangewood. We walked there from the convention center - took about 10 min.

I'll look forward to YOUR pics! :3dglasses

Hey Tammie!

Your plans are coming together!:banana: I love how you've scheduled time to get a Dole Whip!:laughing: Can you believe, I'm been going to WDW for 10 years and have yet to get one of those. I keep saying one of these days, I have to try the Dole Whip and a turkey leg - they seem like the "Disney" thing to do! Although, I think the Dole Whip is alot less scarier!:scared:

:rotfl2: I know! When you see people eating those turkey legs, it always reminds me of the Flintstones or something! I didn't know about the Dole Whip until I was on the DIS, starting in late 2005. I didn't get one at DL in 2006, nor last year at MK. I just get busy and don't see the opportunity - so this time I thought I'd put it on the list! :goodvibes

I have been so busy thinking about the Disneyland part of our vacation, that I forgot about the other fun and maybe not so fun parts of our trip!

Our full itinerary:

Fri, June 27th - 4pm
- pile in the mini-van, 3yr old, 11mo old and four adults! If any of you have read Jiminy's Girl's TR - I wanted you to know I will be hiding all of the cameras during this part of the trip - I don't want my DIL to take pics of "grandma snoring in the van!" :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
- 10PM - arrive at Stockton, check in at LaQuinta

Sat, June 28th - 7am
- leave for Bakersfield - visit with DB and DSIL. They are invited to join us at DL - don't know if they will.
-Staying at Marriott

Sun, June 29th - Wed, July 2 - DLR

Thurs, July 3rd - 10am - leave for Vallejo
- 4pm - check in at Marriott

Fri, July 4th - day at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom:yay:
- big roller coasters for Goofy, Tink and Jiminy
- Grandma on baby duty :lovestruc
- visit the animals with the kiddies

Sat, July 5th - 8am - head for home (6 hrs):sad2:

We are really looking forward to Six Flags! We took our boys there when they were small - it was Marine World, Africa USA then. They got to feed the giraffes by hand and there was a great acquarium! Now they have rides and animals!

FYI Tammie,

Cheesecake Factory, PF Changs, Cal Pizza Kitchen and Bubba Gumps opened right on katella. Between harbor and the 5 fwy...

FYI Tammie,

Cheesecake Factory, PF Changs, Cal Pizza Kitchen and Bubba Gumps opened right on katella. Between harbor and the 5 fwy...

Oh yum! I forgot Jim told me they were building them - we might need to trade MiMis for Cheesecake Factory! I vote for Cal Pizza Kitchen, but I might get outvoted in favor of Tony Roma's! ;)

Tammie - There are other things to do outside of Disneyland?

:lmao: We usually stay with family when we're there, Commando the parks in two days, and then play laser tag at Camelot Pizza, go to Medieval Times, Sea World, Universal, Speed Zone ....then we need a vacation from our vacation! :rotfl2:

No sleeping pix? I'm bummed.....;)

:rolleyes1

:rotfl2: I know! When you see people eating those turkey legs, it always reminds me of the Flintstones or something! I didn't know about the Dole Whip until I was on the DIS, starting in late 2005. I didn't get one at DL in 2006, nor last year at MK. I just get busy and don't see the opportunity - so this time I thought I'd put it on the list! :goodvibes
Hi there!

I'm enjoying your pre-trippie very much!

Anyways I never really knew about Dole Whips until I joined the DIS. And I've been to DL many many times growing up. Anyways the first time we saw the line for the Whips, my DD14 and I thought it was for the Tiki Room. So I asked some people in line what it was for. "Dole Whips" they said. Huh??? I looked at my DD and said "They must be good to wait in a line like this." So we waited, and guess what? It is now a must do on every trip for us. That is all she talks about when we go. We have to leave room for a Whip. :love:

That and a corndog!:rolleyes1

Yummy!!!!!!!!! :cool1:

Thanks for joining in, Tinkermell! I look forward to hearing your perspective - you have probably been to DL more than I have. I am really determined to have that Dole Whip this time! I'm not sure if I should have the "ice cream" or the float. :confused3

I went back over our plans, and realized I didn't leave any time for Jiminy to ride TOT! Can't do that - guess we'll either have to forgo the second trip on Soarin' and do TOT, then see if there is any more time left. So much to do, so little time! :goodvibes

I had my first Cheesecake factory "experience" last week! Oh my heck, I was in heaven! My sister had to count to "10" to make me decide on what type I wanted!:rotfl:

I had my first Cheesecake factory "experience" last week! Oh my heck, I was in heaven! My sister had to count to "10" to make me decide on what type I wanted!:rotfl:

I know! It is so hard, and then the rest of the menu is so good, it's hard to have room for desert! DH loves their shrimp sandwich! You're up late, too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter