We're Surprising Our Kids With a Disney Trip Next Week!!!

TwinMom7

Proud Mom of a United States Marine
DH and myself have had this adult only trip (next week) to the "WORLD" planned since April....no parks, just pools, spa and relaxation. Well, he recently learned that he had won a trip (through his job) to St. Thomas in November - which will also be an adult-only trip. So, on Saturday we started talking about our upcoming Florida trip and he suggested that I call the airline and add on two more tickets - for Kevin (14) and Kelli (10). What was once a planned week of total relaxation has now become a week of parks, water parks, character meals and STRESS!!! Oh well...we can relax in November - right???

We haven't told them...in fact this is going to be a wonderful surprise for both of them and I'm about to bust!!! We've decided how we're going to tell them.....

Their older sister, Carrie (who they were going to stay with) is going to call and tell them that her and her husband are going to take them to Great America on the day we leave. They will need to get up EARLY, get dressed and ride along while Chrissie (another sister) takes mom and dad to the airport. After dropping off mom and dad, Chrissie will drop them off at Carrie's home and they'll get on the road to Chicago and Great America.

That's what they'll believe the plan to be.

Instead...when we pull up in front of the airport and take our luggage out, they'll start to kiss us good bye and we'll tell them to kiss Chrissie good bye because they're going with us to DISNEYWORLD!!! I can hardly wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

That is GREAT!!! I'm taking just my two oldest boys (I have 5!) by myself in December. I've decided to make it a surprise for them, also. I like the idea of having them ride to the airport thinking they'll be saying good-bye only to find out they get to go also!! I've also thought of telling them we were going to have a field trip (we home school) to the airport to time the planes or something and then telling them we're leaving on one instead!! My kids know how intense I am about school, and I'm betting they won't figure out it's a vacation until the plane we're sitting on actually takes off!!

Oooohh, that sounds like so much fun. :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc
I'm sure you are ready to burst, I know I would be. They are going to be soo excited. :bounce: Have a great trip!!

Twinmom7,
Sounds like alot of fun!! They will be sooooo thrilled.
We will be there at the same time and will be staying at POR, with our kids ds 14, dd 11, and ds 7 (turns 8 on trip). Can't wait.

Twinmom7,
Sounds like alot of fun!! They will be sooooo thrilled.
We will be there at the same time and will be staying at POR, with our kids ds 13, dd 11, and ds 7 (turns 8 on trip). Can't wait.:p

Wow, I admire your self control. We just planned a long weekend for Dec. that was supposed to be a suprise. That last about 2 hours before I spilled the beans to the kids. Oh well, wish me better luck next time!

We surprised our kids (6,8 and 9 at the time) last Oct. we picked them up at noon from school and said get in the car were going to disney they loved it and talk about being surprised all the time. When I was going through there school papers I found each one had written about that trip. We will also be in POR for a short weekend trip Aug3-6 and once again I am surprising them they think we canceled this trip since we decided to go in December to see the x-mas decorations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter