Were you caught off guard this morning?

DisneyMomx7

DIS Veteran
I had a few minutes to kill before taking the kids to school this morning so I turned on the computer and checked mousesavers. I really didn't expect to see anything until at least tomorrow. I went over to the DIS and was shocked to see the AP rates out. I hurried up and called and got my AP rate but I really was caught off guard. Anyone else?

I was caught off guard too. :rolleyes: I over slept this morning and forgot to check, When I got on the boards around 7:40 and saw the AP discounts were out, I went flying down the stairs for my cell phone and reservation numbers! My kids thought I was crazy! :rotfl: They never saw mommy run so fast. I did manage to get WL standard for $124.00 + tax for us, and by the time I asked for the discount for my in laws reservation (we are paying for their room) standard was all gone, so they get upgraded to woods view. :cool1:

I sure was!!! :teeth:

I was having trouble sleeping, so I slept late, but as soon as I woke up (6:40 Central time) I had a feeling there was a post on this board that they were out... and they were! I flew to the phone so fast :rotfl:

Because they knew everyone would be waiting for tomorrow, so I think they pulled a fast one on the DISers! :rotfl2:

Congrats to everyone who got in today for their rates!

I was caught off guard also. I usually check the DIS as soon as get to work before the kids get there, but today I started washing all my classrooom toys. I didn't get around to checking the DIS until lunch time. So, I checked my DU reservations page and SueEllen had already gotten my rooms with AP rate! :cool1:

zippehsmom :flower:

Yes it was unexpected and a nice surprise. How did you do at the GF? I think we are around $315 gardenview. I am :banana:

I had a "gut" feeling. I talked to a cm last nite and she reminded me to keep checking "we should be getting close". So I thought take a minute and try the computer before I leave for work, and the news was breaking. Oh, my where is the cell phone, I got to get the hot rollers out! Calling my sister on the other phone and telling her! Definately made my day. Glad the worrying is over for this vacation and things are settled.

Mky (very happy with her AP rate) princess:

I wa stotally shocked! :rotfl2:
I was on the phone with CRO for a client, holding a room for Oct when I asked about AP's and she said they had come out a few hours before!

Totally caught off guard! I actually found out via the passholder email for the first time ever. Called after work and got the YC, so it's all good!

Last year, the summer APs were released on the first Wednesday in May. So I started dialing at 6:58 this morning. Of course, it could have been tomorrow or even next week. :)

Sharla
A Scrapbooker's Guide to Walt Disney World
www.PlanSnapScrap.com

stingmom said:
Because they knew everyone would be waiting for tomorrow, so I think they pulled a fast one on the DISers! :rotfl2:

Congrats to everyone who got in today for their rates!

Why tomorrow? Did we know they were due to come out tomorrow?

Here's a flash it is not on the Disneyworld web site for passholder's yet. :confused3 So if people are just checking there it is not on mine as of about a hour ago.

mky princess:

java said:
Yes it was unexpected and a nice surprise. How did you do at the GF? I think we are around $315 gardenview. I am :banana:

We are $335 plus tax lagoon view. I almost changed to gv - I think they quoted me as $274 plus tax. $75 a night is a pretty good discount, but I'm greedy. Last year we had $85 a night off and regular season was $100 a night off.

I suddenly thought to check the forums at around 7:30 to see if anything was released. As soon as I saw they were I dialed immediately. Was on hold for about 15 minutes. I'm glad I remembered to check. :) Thank goodness I didn't sleep in!

A little...I knew they would be coming around this week, by checking 'historical trends' on MouseSavers, but as soon as I checked and I saw people posting their rates :eek: !

Picked the phone right up and was able to get the rate for my reservation. WooHoo! :banana:

I was caught totally off guard! I jumped on early this morning, expecting today to be the day. I was kicking myself when I saw YESTERDAY'S email that the rates were out! AFter I had been waiting for months! UGH!!

All I needed was a weekend stay August 19-21st, as we are staying at our DVC on points before and after the weekend. I got Animal Kingdom Deluxe Savannah View (the room that fits 5 with a Q, a bunk, and a daybed) for $265 a night plus tax. I'm VERY happy with that! :earsboy:

I had a feeling that it would be sometime this week. I got up yesterday and checked the boards around 7:20 and saw that the rates were out! :earseek: I quickly jumped on the phone and got through! :earboy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter