Were you in a sorority or fraternity?

No, I was never the "ice cream social" type of girl.

Of course, sororities weren't in style back when I was in college (1970s)--maybe things have changed since then! I attended a huge state university, and Greeks weren't really happenin' then. :)

Hi Sister! I was an Alpha Chi Omega at Oklahoma State University. DH was a Sigma Alpha Epsilon at OSU where I was a little sis. Most of my bridesmaids were Alpha Chis and are still my closest friends.
It was one of the greatest decisions of my life and I would do it all over again!

Another sister here! I was an Alpha Chi at the University of Oklahoma (You know, 3princesses, that OTHER Oklahoma school?!;) :rotfl: ) Seriously, I agree with everything you said. It was a great experience, and the friends I made are some of the best I've ever had.

Our local alumnae chapter is reorganizing, and I'm hoping to get involved with that now. I would love to continue being active in Alpha Chi.

Hi Sister! I was an Alpha Chi Omega at Oklahoma State University. DH was a Sigma Alpha Epsilon at OSU where I was a little sis. Most of my bridesmaids were Alpha Chis and are still my closest friends.
It was one of the greatest decisions of my life and I would do it all over again!

Alpha Chi Omega :cheer2: - Gamma Sigma Chapter sister signing in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree this was a great decision for me too. I had a wonderful college experience thanks to the Greek system.

Mrs. Disney Ron

Just wondering... I saw the post about the mom asking questions for her DD. So, were you in one? Which one and why? Did you enjoy it? Regret it? Still actively involved??

No. Not my thing....then or now.

DD got a bid and accepted with Kappa Kappa Gamma at University of New Mexico.

I was in the Delta Zeta sorority. It was a great experience. I made a lot of good friends. I graduated college in 1995. I still am actively involved in the Delta Zeta alumni group. I also belong to Panhellenic Society.

Alpha Phi, Alpha Chapter

And to answer the OP's other questions...

I have never regretted it. It helped me be active and involved in my campus through student government, the Panhellenic and InterFraternity Councils as well as in the Northeast region for Panhell and IFC. I met many people across the Greek system and outside of the Greek system that have helped shape my life even to this day. I remained active after I graduated and although I am not as active as I'd like, I remain an almuna in good standing.

Fraternities and sororities are like anything else -- you get out of it what you want or need. They aren't for everyone but they can be great for others. I know it was good for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter