West-coasters trip report for 9/9-9/14!!

JKalai

DIS Veteran
Hello everybody!

Fellow west-coaster checking in here on my recent solo trip to Orlando!

Checked into the Art of Animation at around 6pm on 9/9. There was practically no one in line when I arrived and just walked up to a "pod" and just checked right in. Maybe took around 5 minutes or so. The rooms and resort are awesome, especially the food court. The only negative was walking back to the room as I was in the LM section and was a bit tiring after a long day in the parks. Mousekeeping was great and the Wi-Fi had a strong signal in the room. Cellular reception however was non-existent in the room I was in. Maybe it could have been because I was on the bottom floor. Transportation was okay. My first night I arrived, I took a bus to DTD and was stuck in major traffic on the bus for maybe about 30 minutes. It could have been because of the parking structure...

I purchased a ticket/transportation package through Dreams for Universal. Transportation went great and I arrived at Universal at around 7am (yes I like to wake up REALLY early lol). WWOHP is absolutely amazing! Gringotts was down for most of the day but started running at around noon. Waited in the amazing queue the first ride which took about 30 minutes at most, and rode single rider over and over at about 8 times (no wait through SR).

Stayed in WDW for the remaining 3 days and it was great. It was awesome to see the rides that are different from their counterparts in DL (pirates, SM, BTMRR, HT).7DMT is a great addition to MK and was really fun. I scored FP to Be Our Guest and had the Tuna Salad. I'll say that it was the best Tuna Salad I've ever had in my life (and I'm from Hawaii, lol).

I hate to be like this but the only thing that was a con about the trip was the foreigners and the tour groups. I've seen threads about people complaining about them and the tour groups, and I finally understand. Maybe I just had bad luck with these occurrences? My first day there I almost tripped over a kid laying down in the middle of the underpass under the Main Street Station. I asked the kid to please be careful of other guests as this hallway gets very crowded. He started yelling at me in another language! There was also another instance where a kid had to use the bathroom and the father pointed to the bush in adventureland. I couldn't believe that someone was talking a piss on a bush in the middle of adventureland! There were a lot of cutting in line, and I was stuck on Dinosaur for about 10 minutes because the CM was telling the guests to "pull on the yellow strap" and they didn't seem to understand with the hand motions.

Another thing that kind of bugged me was people taking pictures on dark rides. This has always been kind of a pet peeve for me, but it seems to happen all the time at WDW (maybe I just had bad luck again? lol). I rode dinosaur and there was someone sitting next to me taking flash pictures right in front of my face! Since I was pretty annoyed, I decided to ride again only for someone else to do the same thing!! lol. The funniest thing was when someone decided to take our their camera on space mountain! There is nothing to even take pictures of... haha. Maybe it's because I'm in DL so much and consists of mostly locals that this doesn't happen too much? Is this the norm for this kind of stuff to happen in this time of year?

Despite these occurrences, I had a great time in Orlando and wouldn't hesitate to book another trip.

Thanks for reading everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter