• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Western Caribbean

tmills

EarningMyEars
looking for tips/advice on what to do or expect on the 7 day Western Caribbean cruise. Family of 4 (11 yr & 15 yr old). We've done 2 short Disney cruises to the Bahamas, nothing else. We will be sailing on the Fantasy in October. Would love to hear from anyone who has taken this cruise or read trip reports. TIA!

We did a Western 2 years ago on the Magic and had a wonderful time. Our stops were Cozumel, grand cayman, jamaica and castaway cay. We didnt get off in jamaica but the other stops were wonderful beach days for us.

good luck.

looking for tips/advice on what to do or expect on the 7 day Western Caribbean cruise. Family of 4 (11 yr & 15 yr old). We've done 2 short Disney cruises to the Bahamas, nothing else. We will be sailing on the Fantasy in October. Would love to hear from anyone who has taken this cruise or read trip reports. TIA!

In Cozumel we took a taxi to Paradise Beach (loved the pool and the food - beach also very nice). Another time we did the Turtle Release, which was amazing - some island sightseeing included as well.

In Falmouth we did the Heritage Walking Tour (http://www.falmouthheritagewalks.com/), which was great. Afterwards we stopped and had amazing jerk chicken at Club Nazz. Another time we took the tram from the end of the cruise terminal. It was a good tour - not too long - nice to get off the ship. We're going back next week and are doing a river tubing trip.

I'm not a fan of Grand Cayman - we've been there several times. If it's your first time, I'd suggest going to the turtle farm and doing an island sightseeing tour - they'll take you to "Hell" and 7 Mile Beach. If that doesn't interest you, I'd just head to the beach.

I do like the Western Itinerary better than the Eastern. Are you going to Costa Maya?

We did the wonder on the western in 2014 and we just did the western again on the magic last dec 2016

tons to do:

Key West: Love this port because we could just get off the boat and explore... everything is in walking distance!

Grand Caymans - my husband likes to go off on snorkel adventures and me and the kids (8 and 11 currently like to hit tiki beach and and play in the water.

Cozumel: we like to spend part of the time walking the shops and haggling but we have also done the ruins, chocolat Playa Mia package. Only problem I had with that excursion is we spent alot of time on a bus when we could have been outside enjoying the weather. Loved Playa Mia and would take a cab to it next time just to play there. but we like shopping and trying the local food in mexico.

Castaway Cay, Loved our stop here even though it was the one stop where the weather turned against us and we had rain off and on all day. but the kids and husband loved it and the fact that you could just charge everything to you room was convenient. Because of the weather our excursions were cancelled but that really didnt stop us from having an awesome time anyway!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter