• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Western Excursions w/ DD5?

plutospup

<b><font color=f95602>Member of the 'Jambo! WildBu
Does anyone have any Western excursion suggestions for a family with a 5 yr old? Another post said that Key West wasn't "kid friendly". Any thoughts?

We did the trolley in Key West, and it was very kid friendly. Our driver even gave the kids a wooden nickel and asked them some trivia when we were done. Other than the trolley, we just walked around and wandered through the gift shop at Margueritaville.

I think that the non-kid friendly part is more focused on the bar scene. The later you're there, the more likely you are to run into things that you'd rather your kids didn't see.

We got back on board about 5:00 and didn't have any problems at all. We watched the sunset from the boat, instead of fighting the crowds at Mallory Square.

In Grand Cayman you could take her on the Atlantis Submarine (3 ft height requirement) or you could take her horseback riding on the beach, snorkeling, tour the island by car ...there are quite a few excursions that would be fun with a 5 year old

Try this link to get some ideas

Grand Cayman Excursions Guide

Thanks for the tips! The Key West trolley tour sounds like it might be fun. The link to the Grand Cayman excursions was helpful, too!
Does anyone else have any suggestions?

When we went on our cruise, my daughter was almost 5. We didn't do any excursions, though I would have loved to play with the stingrays. We got to see some when we were swimming at 9 mile beach. It was so quiet. Beautiful. There was even a rest room and an ice cream truck with other snack goodies if we needed them. We just had so much fun finding "pirate fingers" (long, skinny coral that we left behind so the ghosts wouldn't haunt us...wink wink) and other treasures.
At Cozumel, we went to San Fransisco beach. It was nice, and the fellows got a treat...topless too! My kids didn't even notice. They were farther away from the main group of people. There is even a pool that you can sit in and drink right at the bar and stare out into the beautiful ocean. There are clean restrooms there too. We got Paris' hair braided (whole head with two different colors of beads) for $25. Her hair is fairly long. Some were asking $50!
Key West, we didn't even bring the kids off the boat. They were tickled knowing we were off the boat and they were "big kids". It worked out great. One of the best hints I was given when we got on the boat was to go straight to the kids pool. You will never find it that empty. The kids had a blast and my son actually learned how to swim under water!
Have a great time!
Kitty

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter