Western Excursions with a 2yr old

alikat99

<font color=red>NO! Don't make me go to Super WalM
We're heading on the Magic in Oct 2003 on the Western itinerary. My DD will have just turned 2 a week before and I'm wondering what excursions would be best to do on the Western.

I would love suggestions for not only the DCL excursions, but I'm really looking for things that we can do on our own, since who knows how a 2yr old may be. So, we want the ability to go back to the ship on our time.

Thanks...

We will be doing the Western for the first time in May. My toddler will be almost 2. I've been having a hard time deciding which shore excursions also. So far we are planning to do the "choo-choo" train tour in Key West (I forget the official name of the tour, but you can choose to ride a trolley or a train) and when we stop at Cozumel, we are doing the Xcaret park. Both allow children of any age and would be fun for all three of our girls, who will be 22 months, almost 6, and 9 at time of cruise. Xcaret really sounds interesting, (it's an archaeological theme park) and they have a stroller rental there. We haven't decided about Grand Cayman yet. Anyway, just some ideas.

On our Western trip in October our son will be 2 also. We took him on the Western this past Halloween and didn't take him on the excursions (except in Key West) Key West we did the trolley, and walked a lot. In GC we left him in Flounder's, and in Cozumel we left him in Flounders.
Hopefully this time around we will do a bit more with him. We did have fun with him at Castaway Cay in the ocean.
Sue Ellen

You might opt to get a rental car and do some touring on your own. Its really easy to get around in Grand Cayman and that way you aren't stuck on a tour when he gets tired or worse:rolleyes: (Been there, done that, he's now 3-1/2) Plus mine has always been a great sleeper in the car so he'd get in naps while we drove.

In Grand cayman you could go west and try the turtle farm and hell(I think its a waste of time to go to hell personally) , go to public beach or some of the other beaches.

You could go out east, my favorite way and head towards Rum Point...stop and visit Pedro's Castle, more for you then him....You might want to stop for a visit at Morritt's Tortuga Club , a great resort on that end of the island, get some lunch, swim in there pools and go out one of the most beautiful piers I've seen...then head on to Rum Point.

Tranquil area, with very shallow waters, shaddy which is great for kids.

Have a look at Grand Cayman Car Rentals

They have great maps and its easy to get around, plus you get to drive on the left hand side of the road...kinda crazy but fun

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter