Westin Anaheim

Saad

Mouseketeer
Disneyland hotel is not available for a decent price when we plan to go in November. Heard a lot of great things about the Westin Anaheim?

Anyone been there? How is it? How’s the area surrounding it? Is it clean/new? Is it recimmended?

It’s a lovely hotel. It’s fairly new and beautiful. We had an excellent stay and would stay again. Wonderful service and the room was spotless.have a great trip!

How do you get up to Pixar/Mickey & Friends parking structures? Do you have to go Katella to Walnut and then up to Ball road? Or can you go up Disneyland Dr and get into those garages from there?

Edit: Actually, looks like you can only turn RIGHT onto Katella from this hotel? Is there any way to get to Disneyland Dr or West St from the hotel? Otherwise looks like it's Katella to Harbor and then up to Ball?

The only real negative thing I have to report about the Westin is the walk. It takes 20-30 minutes to the front gate on the harbour side. This may not be an issue for you. It can also easily be remedied by taking an Uber.

The hotel is clean, beds are comfortable and the service is excellent. There is a coffee bar for breakfast/snacks/lunch and several restaurants. It's a high end hotel, so the dining prices reflect this. Though we don't recommend the room service. It was very hit and miss.

How do you get up to Pixar/Mickey & Friends parking structures? Do you have to go Katella to Walnut and then up to Ball road? Or can you go up Disneyland Dr and get into those garages from there?

Edit: Actually, looks like you can only turn RIGHT onto Katella from this hotel? Is there any way to get to Disneyland Dr or West St from the hotel? Otherwise looks like it's Katella to Harbor and then up to Ball?

You have to go up to Harbour and then U-turn onto Katella.

The only real negative thing I have to report about the Westin is the walk. It takes 20-30 minutes to the front gate on the harbour side. This may not be an issue for you. It can also easily be remedied by taking an Uber.

The hotel is clean, beds are comfortable and the service is excellent. There is a coffee bar for breakfast/snacks/lunch and several restaurants. It's a high end hotel, so the dining prices reflect this. Though we don't recommend the room service. It was very hit and miss.
Looks like it's 2,500 feet if you walk up Disneyland Dr, cut in at PP Hotel and then up "downtown Drive" to downtown Disney. That would be about a 10 minute walk, but then you would be in the Disney bubble and from there to the front gates it's ~2,200 feet or another 8 minutes or so...

And coming back it’s a bit shorter because you can cut through the GCH or exit out the PP entrance to DCA.

Here is the walk in the morning. Like @sophy1996 said, when going back to the westin, you can exit the grand Californian or the PPH entrance/exit from DCA.

The Westin Anaheim Resort Real Time Walk to Disneyland Through Downtown Disney #walking #disneyland

Looks like it's 2,500 feet if you walk up Disneyland Dr, cut in at PP Hotel and then up "downtown Drive" to downtown Disney. That would be about a 10 minute walk, but then you would be in the Disney bubble and from there to the front gates it's ~2,200 feet or another 8 minutes or so...

This is the way. Do NOT go to the entrance on Harbor. That triples the walk distance. And on the way back to the Westin, you can exit through GCH or through the exit next to Goofy’s Flight school in DCA.

Also, don't expect anything in terms of Marriott Bonvoy elite benefits, or a room that is reasonably soundproofed. The Westin is one of those hotels that looks nice until you look closely, and that has clearly decided it can rely on location rather than actual hospitality.

Also, don't expect anything in terms of Marriott Bonvoy elite benefits, or a room that is reasonably soundproofed. The Westin is one of those hotels that looks nice until you look closely, and that has clearly decided it can rely on location rather than actual hospitality.
What do you mean? Are there not providing any upgrades? Even we have status, for example? Can you explain?

I disagree with this. The evening lounge spread is very good for the United States and definitely the best of all the Marriott properties near Disneyland. The elite breakfast is good quality despite having few hot options. You can actually use Suite Night Awards here to get 1-bedroom suites which you're not going to get at any of the other Marriott properties near Disneyland.

Compared to other hotels near Disneyland, soundproofing is also not something I would worry about for the Westin.

It's certainly disappointing that they don't let elites use their welcome benefit for restaurant breakfast and don't have an elite check-in line but I'd actually say they have the best elite benefits for any Marriott property near Disneyland. If you're comparing to hotels outside of the United States, then sure, the Westin elite benefits are not good but elite benefits in the US are generally really bad.

I disagree with this. The evening lounge spread is very good for the United States and definitely the best of all the Marriott properties near Disneyland. The elite breakfast is good quality despite having few hot options. You can actually use Suite Night Awards here to get 1-bedroom suites which you're not going to get at any of the other Marriott properties near Disneyland.

Compared to other hotels near Disneyland, soundproofing is also not something I would worry about for the Westin.

It's certainly disappointing that they don't let elites use their welcome benefit for restaurant breakfast and don't have an elite check-in line but I'd actually say they have the best elite benefits for any Marriott property near Disneyland. If you're comparing to hotels outside of the United States, then sure, the Westin elite benefits are not good but elite benefits in the US are generally really bad.

I agree. We enjoy the elite lounge on the rooftop. Unlike the Marriott at the convention center or the JW, it’s open every day. We have always gotten at least small upgrades.

Sometimes in theme park rooms we have heard particularly noisy vehicles on Katella. But we haven’t found that to be so bad that we avoid those rooms.

I agree. We enjoy the elite lounge on the rooftop. Unlike the Marriott at the convention center or the JW, it’s open every day. We have always gotten at least small upgrades.

Sometimes in theme park rooms we have heard particularly noisy vehicles on Katella. But we haven’t found that to be so bad that we avoid those rooms.

I agree with this. Even when I was just a lowly Gold member we received pretty regular upgrades there. Once we booked a basic King room and were put in a huge junior suite. My husband just got to Titanium this year and we would be staying at the Westin if we weren’t bringing two extra teenagers with us this time around. We still have our SNAs but I need a guaranteed wall of separation between myself and those noisy gigglers at night so we are staying at the Residence Inn this time around. The rooftop lounge is lovely, such a great place to eat breakfast before the parks.

We are out of suite night awards but how often and easily do they offer a room upgrade to a suite?

We are titanium elite and traveling in early Nov

Never, even with SNAs (and I'm Ambassador).

Wow, that’s surprising. Was there a convention in town? We were upgraded for each of our three visits as Gold. We booked the lowest room possible every time and once were upgraded to a huge junior suite.

Just spent 7 night here this past week, on points plus SNA’s. Given a one bedroom suite with park view and balcony. This was our second time to stay like this.

The walk is just far enough where you don’t want to do it four times in a day. But once in the morning going thru the Disneyland Hotel security checkpoint, the hoping on the monorail is a nice way to start the day.
We always exited out the the PPH exit or thru GCH lobby.

We are seniors. When we stayed there (or Best Western Stovalls) we would Uber to the Parks to be dropped off in the bus area. The walk back was fine since we could cut thru the Grand Californian. But a 20+ minute walk to go a meandering way in, seemed a sad way to start the morning for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter