Westjet is Freaking me OUT

KandyM

DIS Veteran
So we leave one week from today. Saskatoon through Calgary to Orlando. For giggles I thought I would check our itinerary today just to follow it along and see how westjet is doing. Epic Fail. The flight out of Saskatoon this morning is delayed two hours, so zero chance of making the connection. Now I am just worried and sad. Also, Vancouver and Calgary westjet employees have just voted on strike action and could go out as early as next Wednesday.
:(

We have the same flight booked in December. However we took the flight into Calgary the night before.
It adds the cost of a hotel for the night, but we hate getting up early for flights and there should be no chance of missing the Orlando flight.

Make a back up plan. I’m just one of those people who has to take the power back in these situations. Can you cancel and get a credit and book something else ? Fly into a different airport ? Leave from an American airport ?Can you map out your driving route and leave a day or two earlier ? What’s your next option for a connection if you don’t make the first one ?
I think if you explore your options and see what your plan B and C could be it will take some of the anxiety out of the situation.
I’m sorry the lead up to your trip is being wrecked with all this stress !

I think I need to look at changing our flight to get to Calgary the night before as well.
Anyone know how hard that is to do? Don't want to mess it up and lose our Calgary to Orlando leg through some mistake I make.

WestJet is freaking me out too!

We are on the WBTA DCL cruise from Dover next month and our flight from Calgary to London, Gatwick has disappeared! A week ago there were a lot of seats still available in econo (About 2/3) I called yesterday and the WJ agent said that the flight must have sold out. I’m having doubts that this is true as this has happened once before where the flight was gone from the website and then cancelled a week later. We paid for premium seats and of course there’s none available on any of the remaining flights. Now the prices of econo are triple what they were when we originally booked and I’m afraid if we have to choose a different flight, they are going to give us econo seats for the same price we paid for premium 😑

WestJet is freaking me out too!

We are on the WBTA DCL cruise from Dover next month and our flight from Calgary to London, Gatwick has disappeared! A week ago there were a lot of seats still available in econo (About 2/3) I called yesterday and the WJ agent said that the flight must have sold out. I’m having doubts that this is true as this has happened once before where the flight was gone from the website and then cancelled a week later. We paid for premium seats and of course there’s none available on any of the remaining flights. Now the prices of econo are triple what they were when we originally booked and I’m afraid if we have to choose a different flight, they are going to give us econo seats for the same price we paid for premium 😑

See if your flight details show up in the app then Call them. Our flights to Barcelona in 3 weeks disappeared. I called and the flight was cancelled. As I’m now working as a travel agent I asked what else had been cancelled and I was told flights to Gatwick were also impacted.

They have to offer you an alternative. It could be a flight on a different day or a different airline. In order for us to keep our premium seats we now have a flight on a different airline that connects through Montreal.

Check other air canada and air Transat and see if they have any premium seats available on a flight that works for you. If they can’t get you on a WestJet flight that has premium seats ask for them to book you on one of those (they have an agreement with air canada and air Transat).

See if your flight details show up in the app then Call them. Our flights to Barcelona in 3 weeks disappeared. I called and the flight was cancelled. As I’m now working as a travel agent I asked what else had been cancelled and I was told flights to Gatwick were also impacted.

They have to offer you an alternative. It could be a flight on a different day or a different airline. In order for us to keep our premium seats we now have a flight on a different airline that connects through Montreal.

Check other air canada and air Transat and see if they have any premium seats available on a flight that works for you. If they can’t get you on a WestJet flight that has premium seats ask for them to book you on one of those (they have an agreement with air canada and air Transat).
Thank you for your great advice! I’m going to look at those airlines right now.

Our flight is still showing in the app, is this a good thing? The agent I spoke with yesterday did say that they are utilizing Air Transat quite a bit for transatlantic flights that were cancelled in Toronto. Since we’re flying from Edmonton, I’m hoping that they will still have me leave from Calgary straight to London without having to go to Toronto.

I think that now WJ goes to Heathrow, they will be stopping their Gatwick flights. You can get more and better connections from there. I’m not sure though, just guessing.

Thank you for your great advice! I’m going to look at those airlines right now.

Our flight is still showing in the app, is this a good thing? The agent I spoke with yesterday did say that they are utilizing Air Transat quite a bit for transatlantic flights that were cancelled in Toronto. Since we’re flying from Edmonton, I’m hoping that they will still have me leave from Calgary straight to London without having to go to Toronto.

I think that now WJ goes to Heathrow, they will be stopping their Gatwick flights. You can get more and better connections from there. I’m not sure though, just guessing.

If your flight is still showing in the app that’s a good thing. But keep chekcking.

Beware…we just checked our flights for Jan and April (Vancouver to Orlando) and both were changed. They booked us on the next day for both. No email notice whatsoever (once again). We just happened to look. We have call back scheduled to make changes. I’m not optimistic that they won’t be canceled or changed again.

Thank you for the reminder! I have been checking my March flights on the app and no changes have been reported.... however I logged into the Westjet site today and it advises my flights have changed. Minimally, thank goodness, but I booked a call-back so that I can confirm the changes (in a prior year, my unconfirmed changed caused me to lose the seats I had selected, looking to avoid that happening again).

45 days until my vacations are over 😩 🤣 I depart in 33 days to Orlando. Knock on wood, no changes so far. I get to experience both airlines…Westjet to Orlando, Air Canada return.., both thru Pearson, oh joy (not!)

I’m so tired of all the changes. Just logged in and they have changed our direct flight from Vancouver to Orange County leaving at 9 am. New flight is now leaving 3 hours earlier and lays over in Calgary.

We were really hoping to have a direct flight because we are traveling with our grandson who will be 8 months.

Ugh back to the drawing board.

Oh yep,WJ is at it with our flights too 🙄 We are flying with them to and from Los Angeles in December and Honolulu in March 2023. Both reservations say flight is "unconfirmed" so what does that mean? There are literally NO changes to our Los Angeles flights. However, the HNL flight has us coming home on a red eye (which I wanted to avoid) vs the original afternoon flight 😈

45 days until my vacations are over 😩 🤣 I depart in 33 days to Orlando. Knock on wood, no changes so far. I get to experience both airlines…Westjet to Orlando, Air Canada return.., both thru Pearson, oh joy (not!)
We are leaving in 48 days, so right after you get back! Hopefully Pearson is a bit better by then as the busy summer travel season will be overish. We are flying direct on WJ both ways from Calgary!

Beware…we just checked our flights for Jan and April (Vancouver to Orlando) and both were changed. They booked us on the next day for both. No email notice whatsoever (once again). We just happened to look. We have call back scheduled to make changes. I’m not optimistic that they won’t be canceled or changed again.

Are these direct flights? They canceled our direct from YVR to MCO in October and now have to connect. I'm hoping that they keep it because it's so much nicer and quicker than having to connect!

Wow!!
I thought when a change was made or a flight cancelled the Airline emailed the customer.
I just checked my Jan 2023 flight and the direct return flight is cancelled (MCO-YYZ) with no email notification at all.!!!
I called and asked for a call back and 5 minutes later got one...well it is after midnight here....
Anyhow they re booked me on a flight departing later in the day,,,(more pool sunshine time).
I am just shocked that I wouldn't have known if it were not for this thread.
Thanks Guys 🤗
Hugs
Mel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter