Westjet is Freaking me OUT

Our November/December directs from Halifax were just changed thus weekend on us. Connecting through YYZ both ways now.
Such a bummer. Our Jan/March flights are still direct on the way down with AC (weekdays)…. Our weekend flights for the way home got moved to connecting through YYZ . there was barely any connecting time though so we called and switched to YUL with a longer layover.

Are these direct flights? They canceled our direct from YVR to MCO in October and now have to connect. I'm hoping that they keep it because it's so much nicer and quicker than having to connect!
Yes, they seem to have cancelled the Friday direct flights between YVR and MCO and moved them to Saturday. So…we still have direct flights but we had to rearrange hotels, car rentals etc. (all of which cost more)

Our November/December directs from Halifax were just changed thus weekend on us. Connecting through YYZ both ways now.
We are doing the same trip or close to it. Heading back to Halifax on Sunday the 4th, and like you now having going through Toronto with only an 1h and 22 min layover. What could possibly go wrong with such a short layover in Torontoo_O

We are doing the same trip or close to it. Heading back to Halifax on Sunday the 4th, and like you now having going through Toronto with only an 1h and 22 min layover. What could possibly go wrong with such a short layover in Torontoo_O
It's such a joke. There is another flight should we miss the connection, but it doesn't land in Halifax until after 1am.

Thanks for the heads up. Ours has changed in October. It's the layover in Toronto, and the connecting flight now leaves later by about an hour or better. The layover is over 3 hours now, instead of 2. I'm good with that change, but it would have been nice to have had some notice.
And, less than 24 hours I have my email. :)

I got the email last night for our Honolulu flights for March so I just accepted the changes and now the status "unconfirmed" is gone so tnsts good. Our LA December flights are still showing as unconfirmed and no email 😈 The change is slight, landing 4 minutes later in LA and 2 minutes later back in Vancouver so really, who cares. 🙄

Yes, they seem to have cancelled the Friday direct flights between YVR and MCO and moved them to Saturday. So…we still have direct flights but we had to rearrange hotels, car rentals etc. (all of which cost more)
There goes my direct flight out of yvr.. we were flying into yvr the night before so we could have a direct flight
I guess I get to do the dreaded call to west jet

Westjet is a mess right now. We flew with them last December and they cancelled our Dec 30’th return flight from Fort Lauderdale to Toronto. Then in April on our flight home from Hawaii, our connecting Calgary to Toronto flight was cancelled. We had paid for extra comfort seating since my wife needs a knee replacement but since we were on a new flight, there were no comfort seats available.We now got notice that our 7:30 AM Dec 3 flight from Toronto to Orlando has been cancelled and they put us on the 10:30 flight. My wife, 2 year old grandson and myself had paid for extra comfort seats for this flight. Extra space would be helpful since my wife just got a knee replacement. My wife and myself now got moved to the second last row on the plane BUT left our 2 year old grandson in a Row six comfort seat with two strangers And the plane is full. Westjet told me that they would ask people to move on the day of the flight during checkin. Then the 7:30 flight that we have from Toronto to Orlando in Feb has now been cancelled. I can’t see myself flying Westjet again. I realize other airlines are having similar problems but I may as well give them the chance to screw me over

Westjet just canceled our February direct flight home from MCO to YOW and replaced it with a connection via Toronto. Not happy, but no other real options. At least the connection is just under three hours.
Crappy part is the direct flight departed at ~ 9 pm vs this new flight departs at about 2:30 pm, so we lose hours of resort time hanging out at our favourite WDW resort !! :-(
Also, we paid more for the direct flight vs connecting flight when we originally booked. And we chose Westjet vs Air Canada because they had direct vs connecting...

Westjet cancelled our direct flights from YHZ to MCO for March break. They did not email us. I just so happened to check our itinerary. We were put on flights transferring in YHZ Instead. The flight on the way home only gave us 1 hr 20 to get through customs and security.

There is a new direct flight on Friday’s so I requested those flights. she said there were very few seats left so I’m glad I check our itinerary..

My wife and myself now got moved to the second last row on the plane BUT left our 2 year old grandson in a Row six comfort seat with two strangers And the plane is full.
The old way of dealing with this - common before seat selection in economy - was speaking with the flight attendants on boarding to let them know the 2 year can never sit alone and that your wife who needs the extra space for her knee will swap with the child and your grandson will take her seat next to yours. The flight attendants will be very supportive. This should never happen esp with seat selection and extra payment for seats. Not fun for your family to be separated. But it's probably the best most practical work around and your wife has the knee room she needs.

Thanks for the heads up. Ours has changed in October. It's the layover in Toronto, and the connecting flight now leaves later by about an hour or better. The layover is over 3 hours now, instead of 2. I'm good with that change, but it would have been nice to have had some notice.
Which flight are you on? ours is a layover in Toronto too in October, so far only 1 change.... we used to be arriving in Orlando at 12:30 pm now it is at 1:00 pm. I hope no more changes! We are flying into Toronto the night before from Edmonton so we are rested and make it onto our 10:15 am flight. We are flying October 5/6. Fingers crossed no more itinerary changes!!!!

All these flight sagas are keeping me grounded until the airlines get their act together and become reliable once again. I feel for all of you who have taken the plunge to travel and are facing these annoying changes to your carefully planned itineraries.

They cancelled our direct flights from Halifax in November. They even changed our returm date. All available connecting routes are terrible. I was able to switch to the Friday direct flights by changing dates but now we are out about $800. Our flight doesn't land until 8:00 p.m. so we had to book a hotel for that night off site. Disney resorts are booked solid. We are missing out of one night of a non-refundable DVC rental at the end of the trip. That one really stings. DVC is also booked solid so no way the owner can change our date

More terribly unhappy Halifax travellers here. Six members of our family, on three separate reservations, had booked our nonstop YHZ-MCO on Nov 5. Only one got an email communication that the flight was cancelled. Of course, all of the reservations had been changed, there just was no notification. The only reason we book through WJ anymore is for those non-stop flights.

I was able to work with a WJ customer service rep to rearrange our flights and get us all back together on the same flights, connecting through NL.

More terribly unhappy Halifax travellers here. Six members of our family, on three separate reservations, had booked our nonstop YHZ-MCO on Nov 5. Only one got an email communication that the flight was cancelled. Of course, all of the reservations had been changed, there just was no notification. The only reason we book through WJ anymore is for those non-stop flights.

I was able to work with a WJ customer service rep to rearrange our flights and get us all back together on the same flights,

I was able to work with a WJ customer service rep to rearrange our flights and get us all back together on the same flights, connecting through NL.
That was my original flight too :-(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter