Westjet is Freaking me OUT

Which flight are you on? ours is a layover in Toronto too in October, so far only 1 change.... we used to be arriving in Orlando at 12:30 pm now it is at 1:00 pm. I hope no more changes! We are flying into Toronto the night before from Edmonton so we are rested and make it onto our 10:15 am flight. We are flying October 5/6. Fingers crossed no more itinerary changes!!!!
My flight is a layover for a flight to Amsterdam at 9:15 p.m. We fly out of London which is a 40 minute flight to Toronto. Originally, I could have chosen a 6 p.m. London to Toronto flight...uh, NO way! I chose a 4 p.m. flight , it was changed to 3 p.m. 1 p.m. and finally (fingers crossed!) shortly after noon, which means we now will have an 8 hour layover in Toronto. We could have chosen to fly out of Toronto originally by driving there, but now the cost difference to do the same would be astronomical. We'll have a late lunch, and maybe spring for lounge access.

Last edited:
I just dodged having to fly through Pearson going to Orlando. Price dropped on YEG-YYC-MCO, so I cancelled (to travel bank as I purchased when they still had free cancel) and purchased new flight. I'm only 24 days from the trip. Who knew that now would have the cheapest prices. Unfortunately, I booked my return on Air Canada, so I'm stuck with it.

I just dodged having to fly through Pearson going to Orlando. Price dropped on YEG-YYC-MCO, so I cancelled (to travel bank as I purchased when they still had free cancel) and purchased new flight. I'm only 24 days from the trip. Who knew that now would have the cheapest prices. Unfortunately, I booked my return on Air Canada, so I'm stuck with it.
WOW! I might have to look into that, however we used West Jet dollars, and a companion voucher, and credit card and booked 2 of us Plus seats, so not sure it's worth rerouting through Calgary.... What flight times did you get?? Toronto has us arriving at 1:00 pm, and I want to arrive early still because we are doing MNSSHP the arrival night (oct 6)
I have us flying into Toronto the night before on the 5th, and staying at the sheraton gateway, but it's $800 for 2 rooms, so would be nice if Calgary has a connection that is better!

WOW! I might have to look into that, however we used West Jet dollars, and a companion voucher, and credit card and booked 2 of us Plus seats, so not sure it's worth rerouting through Calgary.... What flight times did you get?? Toronto has us arriving at 1:00 pm, and I want to arrive early still because we are doing MNSSHP the arrival night (oct 6)
I have us flying into Toronto the night before on the 5th, and staying at the sheraton gateway, but it's $800 for 2 rooms, so would be nice if Calgary has a connection that is better!
The YYC flight does not arrive until around 5 pm. (It was 35 mins before the YYZ afternoon flight I would have been on - that is notoriously late, so I was happy being on an earlier flight because we have reservation at Raglan Road for dinner at 7:30.

The YYC flight does not arrive until around 5 pm. (It was 35 mins before the YYZ afternoon flight I would have been on - that is notoriously late, so I was happy being on an earlier flight because we have reservation at Raglan Road for dinner at 7:30.
Ah! we fly Oct 5. We are flying YEG to YYZ at 1:15 and staying the night at the Sheraton in the airport. Then our flight the next morning on OCT 6 departs at 10:15 am and arrives at 1:00 pm. We need to arrive as early as we can since we are doing MNSSHP that night. I looked at the west jet website, and there are NO Edmonton to CALGARY to Toronto itineraries for getting to Orlando, everything is all through YYZ still.
The only itineraries I see with YYZ as a connection also connect through Laguardia, NYC and Atlanta... Making it a 4 connection itinerary as it still stops in YYZ too! Where did you find a Edmonton to Calgary to Orlando flight? As I am not seeing it through west jet. Are you flying a different airline??

! Where did you find a Edmonton to Calgary to Orlando flight? As I am not seeing it through west jet. Are you flying a different airline??
it doesn’t fly everyday. Looks like Monday, Friday and Saturdays. I’m flying on a Friday. My return flight is a Wed and I have to go thru Toronto.

it doesn’t fly everyday. Looks like Monday, Friday and Saturdays. I’m flying on a Friday. My return flight is a Wed and I have to go thru Toronto.
That explains it! We fly out on a Wednesday as I wanted a couple days prior to checking into my cruise to do Disney :)

That explains it! We fly out on a Wednesday as I wanted a couple days prior to checking into my cruise to do Disney :)
More frequent directs between YYC and MCO start later in the Fall. We will crossover a few days! We come home on October 8th!

More frequent directs between YYC and MCO start later in the Fall. We will crossover a few days! We come home on October 8th!
wish direct flew from Edmonton still! We have to layover in Toronto, but I chose a night in the airport hotel so we will be rested for the next morning, hopefully with testing now no longer a requirement for our cruise, travel may go more smoothly!

wish direct flew from Edmonton still! We have to layover in Toronto, but I chose a night in the airport hotel so we will be rested for the next morning, hopefully with testing now no longer a requirement for our cruise, travel may go more smoothly!
I thought Swoop did, but it doesn't look like it (at least right now). That could be an opportunity for the future!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter