Westjet schedule changes...

Best_Vacation_EVER!

DIS Veteran
We have a flight booked within Canada in June/July and had read about schedule changes/cancellations etc... which might occur due to COVID-19. Was a bit surprised to get an email that showed only a 2 minute variation on our flights in light of them saying they plan on cancelling a lot more flights.... (Glad they're pro-active letting us know but I having to admit we were a bit nervous opening the email.)

(BTW... we totally get this could still change but it was one of those times where you open an email fearing the worst and turns out it's all good.)

I got an email from WJ telling me my flight home from the UK in July is now delayed by 9 Minutes. At the bottom of the email it said click here to accept changes, OR cancel flights! I was ecstatic that I could now cancel the Europe flight. We bought basic airfare last Nov, and it does not allow any changes or cancellations. I was really prepared to lose thousands of dollars because we couldnt use the flights. But realistically I’m sure it still won’t be safe to fly to Europe in the summer. I’m just really happy to have all the money in WJ dollars in my travel bank and now have two years to use them.

Lol...gotta laugh. Must be automatic for any time change.

We got the same WestJet email for our WDW/cruise trip in August but with an actual time change. Went from 8:30pm return time to 1:30pm ....which is perfect so we can right from the cruise port to the airport. Now, if only our trip actually goes ahead.....(doubtful)

I had a Disney trip scheduled for May, flying with Air Canada.
CGY -> TO -> ORL
ORL -> MTL -> CGY
The other day they cancelled the TO -> ORL part of the flight, but the rest was still there. I had a good laugh because I'd be abandoned in TO. I was planning on cancelling the whole thing anyways.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter