Dam:Ch Dasumnaco Quieter
Breed:Kerry Blue Terriers
Owner:Marilu Hansen

dog

dog2

best

best2

best3

I was really hoping the New Foundland would win....oh well!

Hee hee....what a funny looking dog. That's quite an accomplishment. Not sure I'd have the patience to show a dog. But, congratulations to Michael !!!!

I'm glad it wasn't the ugly white poodle with the pompoms stuck to its butt!

The Newfoundland was cute though!

:) That is one goofy looking dog. I love the way they trim dogs for show :) What a tough competition to win though!!

Tamie

We show our basset and I spent the last two nites GLUED to goings-on at the Garden. The basset who took Best in Breed is a little guy out of Vermont, and we see him, his owner/breeder quite often. Bumpers is not only a lovely basset, he's a real sweetheart, too, and it was exciting to see him strut his stuff last nite. It also turns out that Dallas, the gorgeous German shepherd, lives about 20 minutes from us in Pepperell, MA. Way cool.

I don't think I could have chosen the winner, although I loved Mick's attitude. The way he stacked himself for the judge, as if to say, "How's this?" was great. But then, when I think that Dallas's show career started after he was rescued, I think I'd have chosen him. And the little peke was so small and looked so happy. And OMG, the Newfie -- who could resist that wonderful, sloppy face? I loved the Ibizan, too, oh, those ears! And bichons are just like a stuffed toy that moves. The only one I could resist is the poodle, and it's not the dog. Poodles are smart, smart, smart and very sweet. But that show clip just leaves me cold (them, too, I bet :D )....

I personally think that Dallas, the GSD, was robbed. Dallas has been the number one dog in the country all year and Jimmy Moses is a great handler. Our beardie has lost to Dallas several times in Group at several differnt shows. Dallas's daughter is suppose to be better than Dallas and took best of ops in breed at Westminster. I understand that Jimmy is putting Dallas up and will show the daughter next year.

Clint Livingston did well with two dogs in final seven. We show against Clint all of the time. He has the number one PBGV.

Originally posted by Redmic

The Newfoundland was cute though!

poodle

My heart was with the Newfoundland but I was also glad to see Mick win. Wasn't he runner-up for the last year or so? I may be wrong but I thought I had heard that from one of the commentators. I really enjoyed the German Shepard as well. My baby is half German Shepard!

the pom poms stuck to the butt aren't just to look cute.

When standard poodles were used for hunting and such, they'd be in the water a lot and the hair on the haunches was there to keep them warm.

Regardless, it looks goofy :)

but the Peke scared me!! That face and all that hair!! If I saw one of those coming towards me I would run the other way!! (and I own a Dobeperson) :D :D

I was also really glad when the dogs were first brought out that the handler didn't take the Peke the whole way around. That would have taken a loooooonnnnnngggggg time!:D

To me, Dallas acted much more like a "real" dog than any of the others. I thought he stacked well, but still acted natural - seeing him with his handler was wonderful to see.

I thought I remembered him being the rescue story from a year or so ago! :)

Originally posted by Redmic
LOL! I totally agree! :teeth:

Mick the Kerry Blue was absolutely beautiful. Mick wons Crufts three years ago, the Nationals in Orlando, Florida in December and Westminster 2003.

Okay, I have two black Standard Poodles. My boys (Sebastian & Winslow) are in a sport cut. Standard Poodles have to be shown in the show clip. My boys run and play with labs and goldens,
chase tennis balls, play with soccer balls, romp in the woods everyday and swim in the lake in the summer. We went to three Standard Poodle breeders before buying our first one. All three breeders had champion show dogs and told us as soon as the Standard Poodle retires from the show ring the first thing they do is shave off those pom poms and let their hair grow back in. They must be shown in the show clip only. My boys only have a small pom pom on their tail. It is all my husband will allow.

When Standard Poodles were used for retrieving in the water the pom poms on the haunches kept the kidneys warm, the pom poms on their legs helped them swim better and the pom pom on the tail helped with buoyancy.

My husband shoots skeet and trap. One of his shooting buddies owns field trial labs and told my husband Standard Poodles are being brought back in field trials.

If you saw my boys they look nothing like the white Standard Poodle.

Mary & the 2Poodles (Sebastian & Winslow)

How about some pics of Sebastian & Winslow?

I am upset that a Doxy didn't win....only 3rd in the hound group!:rolleyes: I could have sworn the Ibizan would have won.

I don't have a scanner and wouldn't know how to post them if I did. We're very behind the times computer wise. I'd love to show you pictures of my boys.

I was rooting for the Standard Poodle but it didn't seem to have much personality and no spark. My other favorites were the Peke, the Shepherd and the Kerry Blue.

When we get a scanner I'll post some pictures.

I try to explain to people the reason for the pom poms on Poodles as most people hate them.

2Poodles, if you get pictures scanned, let me know. I'll help you post the boys....:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter