What’s the best ‘bargain’ you’ve gotten..

If you're wondering where your post went, please review this important post at the top of the board.

PLEASE READ: Mentioning Travel Agencies and other Businesses

Any post that requests the name of a business that has been banned from the DISboards will be deleted without comment.. And although no one's done it yet, providing hints as to the name or other means to find banned businesses isn't permitted, either.

The 2010 Orbitz glitch! Anyone else remember that?
What was the glitch? I remember saving more on Orbitz prior to the $150 max savings per reservation (although you can save more by splitting it up into multiple reservations), but this was a few years ago -- I didn't use it in 2010.

We’ve got Fri-Sun at Saratoga springs preferred studio for $198 a night during marathon weekend this year.

2003.... Disney promoted book four nights get three free!! Our first stay at yacht club and per night ended up working out to about what we paid for port Orleans!

What was the glitch? I remember saving more on Orbitz prior to the $150 max savings per reservation (although you can save more by splitting it up into multiple reservations), but this was a few years ago -- I didn't use it in 2010.

The way I remember it, Orbitz priced their rooms with a stacked discount. So if a deluxe room was listed at 40% off on Disney’s website, Orbitz listed an additional 40% on top. Something like that. Then we could use an additional promo code on top. It was crazy.

2003.... Disney promoted book four nights get three free!! Our first stay at yacht club and per night ended up working out to about what we paid for port Orleans!
We took advantage of this one too, but I couldn’t remember how long ago it was! I remember sitting on hold for hours to get that deal! I think that was our best discount to date. I did get 35% at AKL in January and just scored a great passholder discount for September that might be close....But our tastes have changed over the years and we tend to stay CL now.

Another good bargain was the 1 night Platinum package. For 2 adults it was approx $950. This is what was included and booked for 2 days. And, yes, our itinerary had us running around like mad, but it was SO worth it...

AKL Standard View (upgraded to Savannah)
2 Base Tickets
La Nouba
Fultons
Flying Fish
V&A
(2) 4 hr Fishing Excursions
Wild Africa Trek (replacement due to Dolphins in Depth cancellation)
Parasailing
Illuminations Cruise
Spa massages
Mugs
Photo pass cd

In 2015 booked a garden view room at BC a week before travelling for $295 and got upgraded to a water view. Same trip had 1 night at the WL for $235. Not terrible prices considering.

At Christmas (December 23-27) we got a great deal through a TA for Boardwalk: exactly $300/night (before tax). It was too good to pass up.

Then moved over to POFQ for two nights and paid more ($303/night before tax) with no discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter