What’s the hardest physical hit you have taken?

Hot steam hitting my face and getting burned. I saw a boy when I was about 6 he fell off the high dive right on the cement on his back.

Years ago in high school the gym teacher placed the boys at one side of the gym and the girls on the other side. She instructed us to run as fast and as hard as we could to the other side. When running a boy crashed into me and knocked me down. I saw stars and it took me awhile to get up. I remember having a very bad headache, but no one even thought to ask if I was okay. I was embarrassed, but realize now that I could have gotten a concussion. What a stupid thing to do. I was a rule follower.

Once I crashed into a car while riding my bicycle. Resulted in a hairline fracture of my wrist but I slid my (helmeted) head across the hood and then flew about 10 feet further. No major injuries but a lot of scars and road rash.

I ran into a pole once playing basketball. This was outdoors and I streaked across the court but the pole was not padded and was offset about a foot off the backboard. Hurt like heck for about five minutes but I was generally OK.

Cheerleading practice. The flyer fell and her elbow came down right on my nose. My eyes were watering and everyone asked if I was okay, I said yea and let's try again. One of the girls said no, I needed to go to the bathroom so I went. By the time I got to the bathroom, from my nose down was drenched in blood, even onto my shirt. But I caught my flyer and that's what matters!

When I was about 10 yrs. od, playing frisbee with my brother. Running to make a catch, looking backwards. Turned my head at the last second and ran face (forehead) first into a tree. I still have a small bump there 50 odd years later!

I got trucked a few times as a catcher in high school. It was probably one of those times.

If it wasn't one of those, then it was a time when I got trucked playing intramural box lacrosse in university.

Either way, I got run over while playing sports.

I got trucked a few times as a catcher in high school. It was probably one of those times.
I just played PE softball. Nothing too major. Once I tagged out someone at the plate, and of course playing on concrete we weren't allowed to just run over anyone. But the runner I tagged out stepped on my foot. My toe was swollen for several days. My toenail died. It didn't fall off per se, but a new nail started growing and pushed the old one.

So nothing huge, but a concentrated hit on one small body part can be pretty nasty.

Crashed a tricycle face first into a cement block wall. I had a big goose egg that thankfully resolved! Not my worst injury, but was my hardest hit.

Cheerleading practice. The flyer fell and her elbow came down right on my nose. My eyes were watering and everyone asked if I was okay, I said yea and let's try again. One of the girls said no, I needed to go to the bathroom so I went. By the time I got to the bathroom, from my nose down was drenched in blood, even onto my shirt. But I caught my flyer and that's what matters!
Must have been a while ago now... I know my nose seems to bleed easily...

Yes, this was when I was in high school, 10 years ago. Still the only nosebleed I've ever had lol
Oh you're done well, Erica, if it was only once; some of us will bleed at the nose at seemingly the slightest event or provocation.... :)

Hmm, I flew off a a jet ski going way to fast when I decided I was experienced enough to stop using the "learners' key". It handled completely differently and water is really hard when you are over 40 and going over 40... I was miserable for days, everything hurt.

Probably the second most painful "accident" I caused myself was running in to a bois d'arc tree on a three wheeler. Lots of bumps, scrapes, puncture wounds, blood and pain. I was less than 20, so the effects were not as lingering. HA!

At about 9 I was swinging on a bag swing hung too close to tree body. Got up a big swing then hit tree. Ouch

At about 12-13, I fell off a horse galloping in a field, momentarily hung up on stirrup then landed on head.

At about 15 my brother and I were doing tricks waterskiing. I held my rope up high for him to ski under but he didn't shorten his rope enough. Skied right over my skis and I face planted at 25 mph. Was momentarily out.

As an adult, I was passenger in a car that was broadsided on my side of car at interstate speeds. Car spun then rolled on my side. I was belted but car did not have side air bags. My head hit side window hard enough to crack it. That's how we ultimately got out of car.

Maybe these events explain a few things! :-)

It's a toss up.
Baseball bat to the temple at about 10-12.
Falling head over heels down concrete steps at about five, along with my sister and the tricycle we had been riding.
Both had me seeing stars and I couldn't get up for a few minutes after.

Ummm, kind of embarrassing and hilarious at the same time. I grew up on a farm. I was 10. We had goats. The male billy goat had horns. They were about a foot long. I bent over to pick up a baby and the billy decided my butt was a good target. It was just like a cartoon. Only their horns are sharp and hard and so are their skulls and he was going really fast when he hit me. I went flying. Next worst was falling off my pony.

Ummm, kind of embarrassing and hilarious at the same time. I grew up on a farm. I was 10. We had goats. The male billy goat had horns. They were about a foot long. I bent over to pick up a baby and the billy decided my butt was a good target. It was just like a cartoon. Only their horns are sharp and hard and so are their skulls and he was going really fast when he hit me. I went flying. Next worst was falling off my pony.
A farming background is a great personal heritage to have! and learning to weather the bumps and scrapes that happen from time to time...

Getting hit in the face with a softball a few years ago - twice (a few weeks apart from each other). Resulted in cracking a tooth (2 teeth - one each hit) and them had to have it pulled out - not fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter