What’s the most positive amazing/unexpected thing you saw/did/had happen this year?

Oh, well, I like the car, but it's just something I bought. I also bought a new roof. And a new fence. Really, I just spent a ton of money this year! That's what I tend to remember.
So did I. We got a golden retriever puppy right before Xmas 2022 and whoa! I was not prepared for the litany of vet bills that come with a puppy. She’s wicked expensive and at this point, I can call her an investment, but damn she’s cute and a real sweetie. I guess I can say she was the highlight of my 2023.

We purchased an apartment in Bologna Italy in October. Our son is living there while in graduate school and our plan (hopefully) is to make it there 3-4 times per year for a few weeks at a time. We leave tomorrow for a brief 10 days.

I can remote work for short periods. We will test the waters for retirement as I am in process for citizenship.

Growing up as I did, this is something I never considered possible.

So did I. We got a golden retriever puppy right before Xmas 2022 and whoa! I was not prepared for the litany of vet bills that come with a puppy. She’s wicked expensive and at this point, I can call her an investment, but damn she’s cute and a real sweetie. I guess I can say she was the highlight of my 2023.
You can't post about a cute puppy without posting a photo.

I'd love to learn more about the camp. My high school junior is interested in exploring STEM in college and is trying to narrow down his options.
Me as well. My DIL is a chemical engineer/executive. She gives energetic and encouraging talks to middle school kids about her life and career path.

Our son is a dPT and also gives talks mostly at the graduate level but he may have other talks already established. He mentors physical therapy students on a regular basis at his hospital.

If you want to PM me I can pass along info to them. They will be here in NH in a couple days. It is so important to get this next generation interested in STEM! :teacher:

We did the transpacific cruise from Honolulu to Sydney and then 6 nights in New Zealand. I knew it would be fabulous but not as incredible as it really was. Everything beat expectation…the cruise, the ports. Sydney and then the unparalleled beauty of New Zealand. It was a memory I will never forget.

had a dream come true trip to japan. Otherwise mostly ok year with some downs here towards the end. Just really grateful for good health above all (though i have some new health challenges which are a nuisance but thankfully not serious).

I had a great week in July working with 80 amazing high school students (including my daughter) and young professionals at a STEM camp held at the US Air Force Academy. The days were very long but also very fun, and it was just such a rewarding experience. I’ll be running my own camp next summer, so it was also good training.
Thanks so much for sharing your info! What wonderful opportunities for young people. I will pass along!

I recently received a salary increase, and our family welcomed a new, incredibly cute member – a British cat. Alongside these joyful updates, I also made a discovery for myself – slack sms. This tool has proven to be a game-changer in enhancing the quality of customer service in my professional endeavors. The streamlined communication and efficiency it provides have allowed me to better connect with clients and address their needs promptly. It's gratifying to see how adopting modern tools like Slack SMS can make a positive impact on the overall customer experience.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter