What’s the wettest you ever got at a Disney Theme Park?

December 2019, MVMCP. Downpour. Parade and fireworks were canceled and we got dinner at Casey's and ate inside the gift shop on the floor soaked trying to wait it out to see if they would hold the second parade but my kids were absolutely miserable and exhausted after running for it (we'd been in the park most of the day). We ended up getting tickets for two nights later and that experience was much much better!

Splash Mountain at DL. There was 5 of us, we got drenched. God thing it was warm but we decided to go back to the hotel.

Same - the boats on DL splash practically sink now for some reason - I wore a poncho but we took on water and I had a lap-full of water that had to be dumped into the boat. We were there on a cool, rainy day and it was the worst. We jsut went on about things, but man, did our shoes stink! We stopped at the CVS to buy some de-stinker and the motto for the rest of the trip was "Bring Back America Sings!" DL people will get it.

Believe it or not, it was our last trip in November on Frozen Ever After!

We were in the front row, and the seat was soaking wet (the seat kind of curves down toward the back and water was just pooled there).

I didn’t realize it until I sat down. Water literally soaked through everything including my underwear. It was so bad I couldn’t even enjoy the ride. And then I got the pleasure of walking around Epcot for hours with a soaking wet behind.

I am planning on taking a cheapy poncho to place on the seat next time. I’m not doing that again!

Believe it or not, it was our last trip in November on Frozen Ever After!

We were in the front row, and the seat was soaking wet (the seat kind of curves down toward the back and water was just pooled there).

I didn’t realize it until I sat down. Water literally soaked through everything including my underwear. It was so bad I couldn’t even enjoy the ride. And then I got the pleasure of walking around Epcot for hours with a soaking wet behind.

I am planning on taking a cheapy poncho to place on the seat next time. I’m not doing that again!
That exact same thing happened last month to us, we got that front seat as well. I sat down on a poncho and scooted forward, but my wife sat in the seat before she realized it. She spent the rest of the time with a soaked behind as well.

Splash Mountain at DL.
Splash Mountain during MNSSHP.
MNSSHP?
Same - the boats on DL splash practically sink now for some reason
Been awhile since I was on Splash Mountain at DL, but my in-laws got soaked at Splash Mountain WDW. The ride stopped for a long time for some mechanical problem (15-20 minutes), and they were stuck next to the waterfall. Normally you just get lightly sprinkled there as you scoot by, but since they were stationary...they were getting continuously sprinkled and eventually soaked.

Grizzly River Rapids 3 times in a row. It was a freezing cold December night so nobody but myself and my two young nephews were crazy enough to be riding. The Cast Members would yell "Do you want to go again?" and of course my nephew yelled "Yes!" so they just kept sending the raft on through. I was the party pooper and pulled the plug after 3, otherwise we would have been on there all night. Aunt of the year award.

Not to get sidetracked but...if you go to Universal and get on either Popeye and Bluto's Bilge-Rat barges and Dudley Do Right's Ripsaw Falls you will get a whole 'nother magnitude of wet than any other theme park ride I've been on. They should really be at the water park lol.

MNSSHP?

Been awhile since I was on Splash Mountain at DL, but my in-laws got soaked at Splash Mountain WDW. The ride stopped for a long time for some mechanical problem (15-20 minutes), and they were stuck next to the waterfall. Normally you just get lightly sprinkled there as you scoot by, but since they were stationary...they were getting continuously sprinkled and eventually soaked.

Yup, been there too!

Also, MNSSHP is Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, but it doesn't affect potential wetness on Splash.

I got extremely wet the last time I rode Splash. We were in the last row, to try and avoid the inevitable over-splash the front row gets. Went down the big drop, avoided over-splash, and then as if in slow motion, I watched one of those geysers shoot 50 feet into the air, and cascade in a beautiful arch right onto my head. I took the entire thing directly on top of my head and there was no dodging it. It hit my head with such force, some splashed off me and got my mother (seated next to me) right in the eye like a jet. She was laughing at me, so didn't notice the water coming for her. It was not funny at the time, but it's funny now.

Too many times to count, we have been soaked all the way through to the underwear. When that happens if it's summer we just say screw it and play in the rain and go about our day. We go a lot in April through Oct. months and those gully washers can hit at any time. The only time I've not gotten wet during them was when the day started out raining and I had on a head to toe rain jacket (sort of like the kind the cm's wear). I have had umbrellas be no use with that side ways rain (actually had my phone in my pocket during one of those, it hit while we walking from HS back to Dolphin) and it killed my phone for a day. I've had on the cheap ponchos that just made it worse so just took it off. I've had on the better Disney ponchos but the bottom half of me got so wet it eventually soaked it's way up. I stopped wearing closed shoes, I wear sandals now because they dry faster and it's not so uncomfortable when they get wet. Gotta love that Florida weather. The worse I've actually felt when getting wet I didn't actually get that wet. We were on Frozen in Dec. and I got hit with the water. Soaked my bottom good, I'm talking baby with a wet diaper that needed to be changed 3 hours earlier soaked. It was cold that night, cold enough you had to wear a jacket. So uncomfortable walking around Epcot in the cold with a wet bottom.

Disney Springs waiting for a boat back to OKW.....no coat, standing in line.
DHS.....downpour going across the park for a dining reservation
Epcot....also going across the park for a dining reservation

Rides.....Kali and Grizzly rapids

A sustained downpour sent the family packing back to the room. I stayed at DHS and rode Tower of Terror a dozen times, each time getting wetter until it was as if I had jumped in the lake. And walked back to Boardwalk like that, still in a downpour. I have a ride picture from that day, of just me in a car. The park was almost empty.

The wettest I've ever been? Soaked to the bone :)

We came back to our side-tent flooded (we have a mini camper so our bedding was dry) but thankfully we had floor mats down that rose above the "flood plain". Other tent campers weren't so lucky as I saw many a sleeping bag and towel being squeezed out and hung to dry.

We were on our last day and our tradition is to go to Animal Kingdom and ride FOP one last time. It rained so hard that the exit tunnels for the ride flooded. We got in the car and had to unpack a change of clothes. Man those clothes were unpleasant after spending 20 hours in the car on the way home. Still had a blast!

Oh, this is an easy one!

December 2019. DW and I were staying at AKL/JH. We wanted to fit in seeing Epcot Forever (as we expected that it would be replaced by Harmonious by the time of our next trip to Florida). We carefully planned our schedule and on the last day of our trip we duly got ready for an evening in Epcot. The rain started early afternoon; by about 5.00pm it was torrential and by 6.00pm it was like a monsoon. I was keen to take the chance in the hope it would do the Florida normal and suddenly stop; DW (who uses an ECV) decided to give the expedition a miss. I caught a bus to Epcot and by the time I got into the park I was dripping... I remember taking refuge in the DVC booth behind Spaceship Earth and chatting to the guy on duty there that evening (I’m British so it was all about the weather) then slogging across to the Epcot Experience (which was actually fascinating). By about 8.00pm I was literally soaked through to the skin, getting chilly, and I’d had enough (and I also thought they might cancel the show anyway) so I trudged back to the monorail, caught a train to the TTC (I love the monorail, OK?) and from there a bus back to AKL. My shoes and all the clothes I was wearing that evening went into in the case the next morning still damp... We’ve experienced Florida rain and sundry weather before (including a hot fog, and driving down the E Irlo Bronson near Fish Lake through a massive thunder-and-lightning storm) but never that much rain for six straight hours...

But it hasn’t put us off! Next trip booked for December 2022, postponed from December 2021... 😊

Kali, every time. No one else in my family gets wet, just me. I've twice had to purchase a beach towel outside the ride. I've packed my own towel and flip flops and wear a poncho, but now I just refuse to ride it!

May 2018 - it rained every single day. And not light rain. We got soaked everywhere we went, everything we did. The worst was watching Rivers of Light at Animal Kingdom. Sitting in the seats there was absolutely nowhere to go so we just had to suck it up and deal. I was amazed to learn how much water my sneakers could hold.

All that said, we had a great time! :D

Truthfully, the wettest I've ever been at WDW has been because I chose to become wet. I have become 'stuck' in places to avoid being drenched and then become bored enough to say ***. Epcot stuck in Italy with all that perfume and my husband didn't want to get his new shoes wet so I asked for a bag and made him walk in his socks to the bus. We had no ADR to keep and no reason to leave except I was sick of smelling perfume. He will now actively seek to find me a dry bench outside and run over to buy me some wine because he said I ruined his feet (he should've just gotten his shoes wet).

We've ridden Kali River Rapids a grand total of 3 times since it opened. I disembarked fairly dry every time. My husband always gets drenched on that last straight-a-way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter