What’s your favorite character meal?

Favorite character meal?

• Total voters

Akoni

Earning My Ears
My first trip to WDW was in 2011 with my family, and we did a few character meals. We did Garden Grill on the first night, and it was a good experience. I’m not sure if the restaurant rotated or not, because it was 9 years ago (during our 2017 trip it didn’t). We did the ‘Ohana character breakfast with Lilo & Stitch (plus Mickey and Pluto), and I have to say that one’s one of my favorites. Stitch is one of my favorite characters, so I guess there’s some bias here. We also did Chef Mickey’s, and while my parents weren’t too happy with the food, I didn’t care (I was only 8 at the time), and enjoyed the atmosphere. Chef Mickey’s is probably my personal favorite (with ‘Ohana at a close 2nd) except I wish they had Daisy Duck there (although she sometimes fills in for Goofy I’ve heard).

in 2017 we did Garden Grill again as well as Be Our Guest (though it’s not a full-on character meal, as you meet the Beast in a separate area from the dining room). I must say, Be Our Guest was my favorite dinner of the trip. The atmosphere is amazing, and we got to meet the Beast. I think this is the only spot that I’m for sure he appears at, but don’t quote me on that one. And we got out in enough time that me and my mom were able to ride the Little Mermaid ride and Dumbo (which we didn’t get to ride in 2011 because the wait was 40 minutes) before the park closed. So I’d say all of these were great but if I had to rank, I’d say 1. Chef Mickey’s, 2.‘Ohana, 3. Garden Grill (Since BOG doesn’t really fully count I didn’t rank it, but I’d put it above Garden Grill if I wanted to put it in the rankings). Never done any of the princess character meals but would like to on a future trip. But I’ve heard CRT is hard to get reservations for (I’ve also heard the same for BOG).

But what character meal is your favorite? (I know the poll is missing some but there’s a max # of options you can put)

For us Dinner at 1900 Park Fare tops the list. we tend to wave off Cinderella and Charming but love our interation with Madam T and her daughters. I this last trip tried to enter in negotiations with Madam T over the DOWRY for my buddies 4 yr old she wants to wait a bit.
#2 is Crystal Palace. My Wife Lucille loves her Eeyore and I lot teasing Piglet. I keep asking hi to be our guest of honor for Christmas dinner when I make a HONEY HAM. Sending my niece who is HUGE Winnie the Pooh admire'r pictures with that gang is a joy
#3 is Garden Grill Character interaction is good especially the Chipmonks but we prefer it more for the food

Akershus is my favorite. It combines everything I love about character meals (all of our kids' interactions with characters there were really personal and memorable) with everything I love about World Showcase (beautiful imagineering design, delicious food from another culture to explore). Definitely go for dinner or lunch though, since breakfast is just your usual scrambled egg platter.

Trattoria al Forno for breakfast. Really good set of characters (in my opinion), really good food in normal portion sizes, excellent bloody marys. We're not huge fans of buffets as I can't keep myself from overeating and feeling miserable the rest of the day.

Cinderella's castle is far and away the worst. Quick interactions, meh food. You're paying just to get into the castle.

Tusker House, its a sentimental favorite, back in 2012 we had a late breakfast that led into lunch. There were very few people in the place.. We had Mickey sit down next down next to the 3 year old to "eat". And the others came around Mickey. Its the only thing from that trip she remembers but she still does and insists on the place every trip for a meal.

Definitely Tusker House breakfast for us- it's the only must-do every single trip. Food is always hot and fresh and characters are great. We've even gone on adults only trips.

Definitely Tusker House breakfast for us- it's the only must-do every single trip. Food is always hot and fresh and characters are great. We've even gone on adults only trips.
I know Donald, Daisy, Mickey, and Goofy are at that one but has Minnie or Pluto ever appeared there?

1900 park fare is fantastic!
the food is some of the best breakfast, but the characters are awesome too- mad hatter is phenomenal!

I would have to say Tusker House for breakfast and Garden Grill for dinner. If we could go to only 1, then Garden Grill, the characters come around at least twice and sometimes more

Topolino’s Terrace is my new fave. Comparing it to a chef Mickeys is like comparing the Yankees to the Pirates.

Topolino's is also our new favorite. Food, Atmosphere and Character Interaction were all top notch.

While not my favorite, Storybook Dining deserves a mention here too.

We loved our breakfast at Garden Grill and the character interactions were so cool. Not rushed at all and the characters spent a good amount of time at the table. We thought the food was good and we like that it was family style vs. a buffet.

Chip is my guy, so I normally choose Garden Grill for my character meal. In addition to the character interaction I've always enjoyed the food and that it's family style and not buffet. And Living with the Land is one of my favorite attractions.

Have some sweet memories of different character meals ... at Garden Grill one trip my (adult) Sister made Pluto cry because she kept calling him Goofy ( and every time she did it we called out "he doesn't have pants!") and one trip while eating at 1900 Park Fair my pre-teen Nephew spouted out some nonsensical gibberish to Alice and she looked him straight in the eye and said "I have no idea what you just said". He got the giggles.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter