What’s your favorite Resort features???

Princess Tess

Mouseketeer
Hubby and I have a bunch of points that will be expiring at the end of August. We did list them with a rental service but we’ve had no bites on it so I think we‘re just going to book a long weekend in WDW in July or August.
Because of the heat - we have no intentions to go to any parks so our first thought was to got to SSR and try to get in close to DS and just have a relaxing weekend. I think we would likely have some pool time, hit a spa and eats lots ;-)
My brain is starting to shift and I’m thinking of perhaps going to resorts we haven’t stayed at yet such as GF. A friend stayed there and mentioned all the lobby activities they offered.
I’m looking for resort features that may be lesser known than the obvious (like VWL offers an architectural tour). I would love hear any suggestions of such features if anyone has any?
TIA!

I agree. Try something new. GFV would be a great choice. We had a 2br there in November and loved it! It was a lot of points but we had some to burn so we decided to splurge. We were not disappointed. Will stay there again if we can save enough points.

If you’re going to stay at the resort and it’s hot, I’d pick one with a great pool (BCV, PVB) or one where you don’t have to leave the air conditioned building to move about. That’s just a couple considerations.

If more of the restaurants were open at AKL, I would recommend there. I can walk around watching the animals for hours! However, given the current state of things, I think VGF would be a great option. You have monorail access to the other MK resorts for dining and shopping. You can also go for a boat ride since the boats are running for the MK resorts.

You still have the option to take a bus to DS if you want to go there. I know it's not as convenient as walking from SSR, but perhaps you won't want to go there as much since there are other options around the MK resorts. :)

Hubby and I have a bunch of points that will be expiring at the end of August. We did list them with a rental service but we’ve had no bites on it so I think we‘re just going to book a long weekend in WDW in July or August.
Because of the heat - we have no intentions to go to any parks so our first thought was to got to SSR and try to get in close to DS and just have a relaxing weekend. I think we would likely have some pool time, hit a spa and eats lots ;-)
My brain is starting to shift and I’m thinking of perhaps going to resorts we haven’t stayed at yet such as GF. A friend stayed there and mentioned all the lobby activities they offered.
I’m looking for resort features that may be lesser known than the obvious (like VWL offers an architectural tour). I would love hear any suggestions of such features if anyone has any?
TIA!

Pickings are getting quite slim for this July and August, so I'd get what you can. SSR is a huge campus for walking in the summer heat, but they do have several pools and that proximity to Disney Springs. They also do not have a view of a park that you do not intend to enter - I would struggle with that!

I read somewhere about AKL having a set of activities around the resort that you could do, and each one earned a bead. I do not believe it's happening right now, but I remember reading about it in the past and being interested. It's hard to say what all is currently unavailable due to the pandemic and related staffing issues.

I have stayed most DVC resorts (including HHI and VB). The only two I haven’t stayed at are BWV and BCV.

I thought the VGF were gorgeous, my family stayed in a 2 bedroom back in 2018. But my new favorite is the Rivera. I just stayed in a 1 bedroom in November and will be back this August. The resort is gorgeous. The pool and lakefront areas are really nice. The quiet pool is large with an abundance of seating, including couches. The Le Petite cafe was yummy. I love the proximity to the Boardwalk area via the Skyliner. Also, you can walk over to CB.

I also, love VWL. The lobby, pool areas, Bay Lake and Roaring Forks. I think the boats may be back running. I love taking the boat to monorail resorts.

SSR Springs, I have stayed at a few times and will be back this August. My family is planning on staying there at the end of our visit, so we can have two days to chill and take advantage of Disney Springs.

The Polynesian is under renovation, not sure when that will be done. But what a fun place to stay. Access to all monorail resorts and there restaurants. Poly has such beautiful landscaping and pool area.

So, many choices. If you never have been to VB, I highly recommend 3 nights there and 3 or 4 nights at WDW. That’s sometimes my family has done a few times.

All the best with your planning.👍🏻😎🌴

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter