• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What’s your favorite soup?

My aunt for reasons unknown loves lentil soup and I cannot figure out why she loves it but it's one of my aunt's go-to soups. My father adores clam chowder and can usually buy a whole bunch of it to have for lunch or snacks. My mom also loves tortilla soup and she learned about it from my uncle who makes tortilla soup and she liked it

Another soup fan here. I am happy with chicken noodle, matzoh ball, tomato, split pea, lentil, clam chowder, crab, butternut squash, French onion, corn chowder, potato leek….

The past year or two my most often made ones are cauliflower soup, smoked salmon chowder, chick peas/pasta ceci, and pasta fagioli. Just finished up some smoked salmon chowder a few days ago, and plan to make pasta fagioli today.

My favourite is the Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Soup created by Jessica Rudolph and put out by America's Test Kitchen. It can be found in the October/November 2022 issue of Cook's Country magazine. (Copies are usually available through digitally through your library if they have Libby or other systems.)

I love one with pumpkin and potatoes, but I am not sure I can post a link here. Just found it on Pinterest

My family loves homemade soup! Some of our favorites are butternut squash, loaded cheesy potato, roasted tomato, curry cauliflower and shrimp...
Have you ever froze the butternut squash?

I have the recipe for Boma's butternut squash soup. Only made it a few times. But DD recently said she like that in brand name soup but it has tons of sugar. I wonder if I can make a big pot and freezer it in small portions?

Not a huge soup fan, but there are some that I crave.

Vegetarian Wild Rice
Split pea
Curried cauliflower
Pho (I make a mean vegetarian one. The broth is, obvs, not as rich and dark as traditional, but the flavors are all there)
Hot and sour with tofu and mushroom

Our church puts on a soup dinner every Friday in Lent and it is a slice of heaven for me - a night of not cooking, all vegetarian, and a wide variety.

Except the guy who brought Walleye chowder. He can just stop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter