What a day! Rain Rain EVERYWHERE!

disney-inspired

Disney on the brain 24/7/365!
Cast: Cristabel (me) 21 yo, Diana (DSis) 23 yo, Anais (DSis) 9yo.
Diana and I have APs and we wanted to do a sisters trip while my parents were away on vacation. We decided to risk going to DLR in the rain because of the likelihood of very low crowds.

What a day it has been! We arrived a little after opening at 8am. There was no line at all getting into the parking structure and we parked on the side closer to the trams but not very close (daisy 8J). We brought ponchos from Walmart so we put them on before taking the escalators to the tram. The tram was very empty. We got into DL, rode Indiana Jones (walk on) and walked to FL and rode Peter Pan (10 min wait). We upgraded Anais' ticket to a parkhopper and headed to DCA and waited for rope drop. We rode TSMM twice in a row. After that we did the mission tortilla and bread tours then had lunch at the wharf. This whole time it's sprinkling with some wind so it wasn't too bad. Diana & Anaid did TOT after lunch and Anais cried afterward only because she felt like she was going to toss her cookies. :rolleyes1We did Muppets vision 3D, where Diana and I fell asleep:lmao:.

When we got out it was POURING! We made a dash for the churro cart in sunshine plaza in the UNCOVERED pouring rain. We got SOAKED. We were trying to find socks and gloves but everything is SO expensive. We headed over to DL again and searched the Emporium and Clothiers for other options but found none. We were very downtrodden and were SO close to just going home. It was barely 2pm. We decided to go to Walmart in Buena Park. Well, there we found a Ross and we all bought very inexpensive new leather shoes (I got hightops) and socks. And of course NOW it was clear skies and sunny :mad: We were very happy that we decided to try and work out. Before heading back to the parks we stopped at Albertos and were able to feed the three of us for $13 :thumbsup2

When we got back to the parks, around 5pm, we went to the Animation building and did the voice recording with Ursula. Then we headed out back to DL and rode Buzz and SM. We aimed to do as many FL rides as possible. We were able to ride Snow White, Pinocchio, Mr. Toad, Casey Jr. and Storyland Canal Boats.

I drove home, got lost not once but twice because I was tired and distracted, and ended up taking the scenic route home :rolleyes:

All in all what I learned about DLR in the rain:

• It is possible!
  • Wear water resistant clothes
  • Wear rain boots
  • Wear a hat or beanie
I'm optimistic about my next DLR trip in the rain.

You poor things, we were there last month for a couple of days. Day 2 it poured all day long and we were soaked lol. However no lines which was great. I wish we would have been more prepared and it took me a 2 weeks to get over the cold I caught, but it was worth it for DL!

You poor things, we were there last month for a couple of days. Day 2 it poured all day long and we were soaked lol. However no lines which was great. I wish we would have been more prepared and it took me a 2 weeks to get over the cold I caught, but it was worth it for DL!

We were worried that the little one would catch a cold because her gloves, legs and arms were soaked. We just put the car heater on high and sat there until we were mostly dry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter