What a day!

ron808

bling bling!
Saturday 01.14.2006

Started out the morning 0800hr at Goofy's Kitchen to have breakfast. It was nice though we weren't taken care of by our server well. It wasn't that busy either so we were wondering what's up with that (No extra tips for her this time). The characters were nice as usual but lesser than I expected. I only counted Chip & Dale, Goofy, Pluto, Jack (Jax?), Mulan, Mad Hatter, Aladin's Genie being there. Food was mediocre but appetizing for the kids.

The sun suddenly disappeared as soon as we walked out of the restaurant.

Take the cars from the DTD parking to DL parking.

Came into the park at around 1000hr. It wasn't crowded to begin with. The clerk at the cashier gave me a birthday sticker as soon as she saw my ID. Went to the park & it started to drizzle a bit.

The rides were so nice as the longest wait we've had is 20 minutes. st ride was Buzz Lightyear's. It was fun. One land to conquer at a time. :earsboy:

And then the heavy rain (coming from OR, this is no biggie).

My friend decided to buy a poncho. I wanted to hang out free of plastic.

rides... rides... rides... A bump came into our path when Big Thunder Mountain was closed. We decided to take the Mark Twain which is very pleasant & calm. About 5 minutes before we embark we saw Big Thnder opening up we want to hop out of the boat! After the ride we finally got into Thunder Mountain, no long lines yet. Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy!

One ride after the other we are getting hungry. Went to Space Mountain for our fast pass (it is so nice & virtually challenging! The lights & the darkness makes the ride so fast & dizzying!). Pizza for lunch, the crowd at that restaurant is almost gone so finding a seat is very easy.

Raining still. The afternoon parade got cancelled but there was a marching band that played from the Castle to Main Street.

Rain suddenly turn to light drizzle. Makes me smile more even if I just bought an umbrella (weak though- the stem is too short). The night parade went on without a hitch. We got a seat along the curb as it was not crowded by the time we went there.

More rides after that! Then we went to eat at Plaza Inn as the potroast sounds so appetizing. It was cheaper than Goofy's Kitchen & I would recommend the foods there (though not gourmet & fancy it's digestable). The crowd outside were queuing for the fireworks display.

It was 2100hr so we headed up to watch Fantasmic. It rained halfway through the show so they stopped (bummer!). We decided to go back to the castle area so we could secure a decent spot for the Fireworks (beside Plaza Inn near the benches). Or I would recommend staying at Plaza Inn if you're having dinner & you'll have a great view as well.

2125hr The announcement was made. The show has been cancelled. Bummed everyone who was already seated (we weren't too disappointed as we continue to get into the rides! Space Mountain still has a long line & Fast Pass isn't until 2300). We saw quite a few white balloons being released around the Castle. One at the side, two quite far from it. By the time they announced the cancellation, the rain already stopped.

By 2200 I am contemplating on going out & party it more (with alcohol this time) at Hollywood but everyone's tired so we went back to our room.

We stayed at Portofino Inn & I do recommend it as it is very spaceous. 1 queen bed, 1 bunk bed, 1 fold away sofa bed. That's an automatic 5 people (or six depending on the sizes of your group).

Shopping is done before the night ends so we don't have to haul stuff around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter