• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What about DVC points for concierge at GF??

FranP

The Music Teacher's Mom
DS and his future wife will be doing the 7-nite Western Carib. DCL for their honeymoon in October 2006 - since it leaves fairly early on Sat. morning (and they have to fly in from NJ), they are thinking of coming early on Friday and staying in one of the Disney hotels. I was thinking of giving them DVC points to stay at maybe one of the concierge rooms at the GF so that they would have a romantic view of the castle the nite before the cruise. Anyone with experience here? Has anyone stayed in the Honeymoon suites at GF or anywhere else?? The concierge rooms would cost me 120 points (!!!) a nite so it would have to be really worth it to spend this many points for one nite!!!! Our home resort is OKW - DS and DSFi have stayed at OKW and BW only. We have experience with almost all of the Disney resorts - DD stayed in a suite at the Contemp. when she got married 8 years ago. Any ideas? :wave2:

Wow, what a nice gift. Might it cost you less to pay cash with an AP or AAA discount than to use 120 points for one night? It is a lovely gesture, but since it is sooo very many points I'd rethink the points thing! Heck even rent the 120 points and pay cash. I'm not sure I could part with 120 points for one night knowing I could get 5 nights in a 1BR and still ahve 10 points left over! (boy I really try to stretch my points, :rotfl: huh!

Thanks for your input - I too don't like to part with this many points and we always try to stay at the places and times of year that will give us the best value. However, this having been said, it would be a special gift, etc. I suggested the Coronado Springs because I think it is very romantic - OR - I suggested the GF in a regular room for the proximity to MK and the romance of Wishes, etc. They have not made any decision yet - any other thoughts?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter