& what about pin trading at DL?

WendyLovesPeter

I wanna go back. I gotta go back to WDW!
that is one of the primary focuses of my 8 year olds trips. She was a pin trading comando at WDW florida this past summer. CM stopped dead in there tracks (even right before parade) so she could take a gander at their lanyard. If we decide on DL I want to know she will have this opportunity again.

theres great pin trading in DL :) i am actually building my collection for when I go next month :)

we just left DL on Wed. and traded many, many pins. CMs have them everywhere, watch the security in down town disney, we got the complete new series of pins in 4 days.

Just agreeing with everyone else. ;) The pin trading is great at DL. My kids found some great pins from the hotel CMs. They got lots of the CM "hidden mickey" pins too.

Yes, yes, yes!! We got back a few days ago (adults only trip) and we were able to get about 6 sets completed that we were behind on. :) AND we found a couple of pins that DD12 had been looking for for a looooong time! :)

What kind of sets were you looking for? I know my dd is collecting the hidden mickey teardrop ones right now. DS is looking for tiki hidden mickeys.

What kind of sets were you looking for? I know my dd is collecting the hidden mickey teardrop ones right now. DS is looking for tiki hidden mickeys.

From the Christmas 2008 series I never got
pin66278

From the Bowling Pin Villains series I am searching for
pin65477

And then there are the ice sculptures which I just realized I typed incorrectly above. I have 2, missing the rest. Grrr.

When you say DD is looking for the teardrops, do you mean the fairies?

- Dreams

When you enter Frontierland there are barrels on the right hand side as you walk towards a pin selling store and big thunder mountain. We were told that on certain days "Master Pin Traders" come out to trade with anyone. We ended up doing that and it was a great experience. We ended up meeting someone from Chicago and sat with them during Fantasmic! as we talked about our kids' collections. Talk to any CM in Frontierland and they can tell you more.

Of course there are other stores and CM's to trade with but my kids thought it was pretty cool seeing these huge books the Master Traders would come out with.

When you enter Frontierland there are barrels on the right hand side as you walk towards a pin selling store and big thunder mountain. We were told that on certain days "Master Pin Traders" come out to trade with anyone. We ended up doing that and it was a great experience. We ended up meeting someone from Chicago and sat with them during Fantasmic! as we talked about our kids' collections. Talk to any CM in Frontierland and they can tell you more.

Of course there are other stores and CM's to trade with but my kids thought it was pretty cool seeing these huge books the Master Traders would come out with.

hehe, I know them well. On some days, you may see friends of mine there. Cool that you connected with other guests and had a nice evening together

Our kids tried pin trading for the first time a couple weeks ago at DL and it was great. All of the CMs were fantastic. One even told one of the kids they were trading in a Hidden Mickey pin and were they sure they wanted to trade it (my kids are pretty much clueless about the different sets and types of pins, they just traded for what they like - Hannah Montana & Tinkerbell for the 7 year old, Princesses for the 6 year old, and Cars for the 4 year old). It was a lot of fun, and there were a lot of CMs with pin lanyards to trade with.

Alyson

Its a little different at DLR than WDW, but there are still tons of cms with the lanyards, just not every single one (literally) as there is at WDW. You may notice it, but there are still lots so it doesnt have any impact.

Yes, the teardrop ones are fairies.

My kids had no clue about what they trading/looking for a couple of trips ago. A very nice CM told my kids that he had some very special hidden mickey pins on his lanyard that maybe they would be interested in. They had never heard of a hidden mickey pin. He showed them and they got so excited- you'd think they hit gold! Since then they've only looked for hidden mickey pins- which there seems to be a lot of. I convinced them to narrow it down and bit and look for a more specific set. DD like the teardrop ones and has a couple now. DS liked the tiki ones and I think he has 3 now.

We ALMOST had more fun pin trading than anything else....we bought a couple that we kept the whole time and a few that we traded for different ones, my son traded for Donald Duck, my daughter for Tinkerbell and my husband traded all of his so my kids could have more, hes the best....I traded mine for NBC those ones are the cutest!!!!

We love our lanyards and have them hanging up at home where we can be reminded of our great time at Disneyland!

From the Christmas 2008 series I never got
pin66278

From the Bowling Pin Villains series I am searching for
pin65477

And then there are the ice sculptures which I just realized I typed incorrectly above. I have 2, missing the rest. Grrr.

When you say DD is looking for the teardrops, do you mean the fairies?

- Dreams

Dreams, we have extras of all of those (I think). I'm willing to do a mail trade with you if you like. :) Let me know. :) I'll double check when I get home. We were able to get all the sets from August thru Jan!!! OMG, we were so excited! LOL

Yes, the teardrop ones are fairies.

My kids had no clue about what they trading/looking for a couple of trips ago. A very nice CM told my kids that he had some very special hidden mickey pins on his lanyard that maybe they would be interested in. They had never heard of a hidden mickey pin. He showed them and they got so excited- you'd think they hit gold! Since then they've only looked for hidden mickey pins- which there seems to be a lot of. I convinced them to narrow it down and bit and look for a more specific set. DD like the teardrop ones and has a couple now. DS liked the tiki ones and I think he has 3 now.

kkmcan, which teardrops does your DD need? And which Tikis? We have extras of those as well that we could do a mail trade if you wanted to. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter