• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What age and one memory of first time at Disney

low-key

14001, 60056, 224
My buddy and I were 17 and drove to Daytona Beach for a week and decided to spend a day at Disney , we were watching the Electric Parade and Snow White looked right down at me and smiled and waved, I thought my gosh she was so beautiful and to this day I think she was flirting with me. :rolleyes1

That story never gets old:rolleyes: :teeth:

It was shortly after Disney World first opened, Im guessing I was maybe 10. Went with my dad and my sister and met my Grandmother for lunch at the Poly...I had never seen a hotel that beautiful before with all the foliage and palm trees. Another good memory (same trip) was of my dad using colorful adjectives to describe his displeasure at waiting for over 2 hours for 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea :rotfl::rotfl:

It was 1965 and I was 7 years old visiting Disneyland for the very first time. I remember riding Dumbo for the first time. It was just so magical
1965 for me too, I was 8. I took a picture of my mom and dad in front of Monstro the whale. They're both gone now, and I still love that picture.
Other memorable part of that trip was a month after we were there, the motel we stayed at was burned down during the Watts riots. We stayed there because I had an Aunt who lived in Hawthorne who we also visited during that trip.

1965 for me too, I was 8. I took a picture of my mom and dad in front of Monstro the whale. They're both gone now, and I still love that picture.
Other memorable part of that trip was a month after we were there, the motel we stayed at was burned down during the Watts riots. We stayed there because I had an Aunt who lived in Hawthorne who we also visited during that trip.

If you could why dont you post the pic

I was 30. It was Disneyland. I still haven't been to WDW. I went with DH but we were not married yet. I remember the very first ride we on was " It' s. Small World" and eating breakfast the first day at Carniation Cafe. California Adventure was being built and due to open in a few months. The worst part of the trip is we got in a car accident a few days in. We were OK just sore but the rental car was totalled.

I was 30. It was Disneyland. I still haven't been to WDW. I went with DH but we were not married yet. I remember the very first ride we on was " It' s. Small World" and eating breakfast the first day at Carniation Cafe. California Adventure was being built and due to open in a few months. The worst part of the trip is we got in a car accident a few days in. We were OK just sore but the rental car was totalled.

LOL its the rental car that will always keep that memory alive

I think we went a year or two after WDW opened, when I was in elementary school, and we went around four years in a row, stayed at CR. My parents would give us rolls of quarters for the arcade while they sat at the pool. I was allowed to go to MK on my own with my tickets (age 10). One time we went to River Country, my parents got sunburn, so I took my little sister to dinner at the resort, and charged it to our room.

My grandparents wintered in Florida, so we would drive down for 2 weeks, a week at the senior community, and about 5 days at WDW.

1980 college Spring Break, 20 years old, almost 21. Only MK existed, but I think Epcot was under construction. The only thing I specifically remember is that parking cost 50 cents.

About 1993, during the Spectomagic nighttime parade, Mary Poppins winked at me. :love:

I was 6 it was December 71. I remember the Mickey Flower bed in front of the train Station, Meeting the mice from Cinderella and the Jungle Cruise. And the Mickey head balloons. I still have the Mickey Necklace my grandpa bought me.

Kae

Disneyland, 1970's - I was 7, and everything there was amazing - but I especially remember the Storybook land boatride, or whatever it is called, and the train ride around the park with the tunnel dioramas, and the sub ride and IaSW. Oh, and walking up and around Sleeping Beauty's castle.

I was fourteen and it was February 1973. I remember getting on the Monorail and Going through the Contemporary resort. We had breakfast at the Crystal Palace and our first ride was the Jungle Cruise which had a long wait. I remember spending a lot of time in the Penny Arcade and the Shooting Gallery in Frontier Land. Waiting in line for about an hour to view the Hall of Presidents. Buying more E-Tickets. I loved the Boston Cream Cake in the Liberty Square Tavern and would always go back for more in my subsequent trips. At the end of the day they had to floats in the lagoon. We took the ferry back to the transportation Center.

My first trip was is 1990. I was 9 and I went with my mom who was a choral director and like 30 teenagers. They were attending a choral competition so it was not really your "normal" experience for a 9 year old. Its odd but the memories that stand out most in my mind are eating with the meal voucher at the Pinocchio Village Haus (like I remember how it looked at everything; strange, I knowo_O) and going to, what was then (and always will be in my mind) MGM studios. :earboy2:

EARLIEST memory-age 4 or 5 being taught the ceremonial circle dance in the indian village at disneyland.

March 1980, I was 5 1/2, and my mother and I met my aunt and 3-year-old cousin there. I remember coming out of the bathroom one evening to find my cousin having a fistfight with Mickey Mouse.

1996, I was almost 26. First time anywhere that your gate admission got you onto all the rides endlessly and it was almost like a foreign concept that we could get off and right back on again. We (my BFF and I) were just awed by everything but we both spent a lot of time saying 'next time we'll do this'. Things like - we stayed in the Motel 6 in Stanton, not realising it's not that close - but good bus service but we said we'd spend the extra and stay in Anaheim. Take a day for Universal Studios (didn't even know anything about it 'til people were talking about it down there).

Oddly...we haven't been back there together since!

What I remember more was my first time solo in Disneyland. It was mid-December and the song "Believe In Holiday Magic" was so beautiful. It took a long time for me to find out who sang it (no access to internet back then). I was worried it was Celine and I would have to admit there was a song of hers I liked...was relieved to hear it was not her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter