What age do you start to feel old

Sometimes I glance down at my hands and immediately think of my Nana (grandmother) sometimes the eyes I see in the rearview mirror are my Dads,
when did I get my mothers hips :scared1: some mornings I think it will take great effort to get out of bed & straighten up...once I get going I'm fine, I'm 55 and yes I need glasses for the newspaper and the phone book..I think the age I started to feel old was at 45 when my Dad passed away & I realized that except for an Aunt & Uncle I was (am) the elder of the family....then I put on Mickey ears and get over to WDW, go through the turnstiles and I am 5 yrs old again :cool1:

Honestly I don't feel old on a daily basis...physically though the body is starting to go further south than living in FL

They still make phone books?

I started to feel old at 36 - that's because Market research divides adults by 18-35 and 36 to 60 -- so I figured I'd reached the point that I had more in common with people who had artificial hips than I did with College students. (and the fact that I totally didn't get Napoleon Dynamite didn't help at all!

I turned 35 this year, and I noticed my vision is crap, my feet and back ache in the morning and I can't pull the overnight shifts at work as easily before..And I am a relatively FIT and healthy person.

I stopped thinking I was 18, when I hit 40.... Up until then, I had no aches or pains.. Everyday was no different than when I was 18. At 40 it changed...:rotfl::laughing::rotfl:

When I look at all my high school classmate's pics on Facebook and think "wow, they look old...." "do I look like that too???" Lol!

I don't know, I'm only 54... I'll tell you when I start to feel old!

OK, I recognize that my body is getting older- grey hair (under the lady clairol ;) ), my mom's hands, not as much stamina as when in my twenties, PF and creaky knees- but the person who lives inside this body, ME, isn't even beginning to get old yet! :thumbsup2

I don't feel old, and I don't think I look my age, but I don't know any 19 year olds that have to cover the amount of gray hairs I do so I could be wrong. :confused3

I do still think I'm 19 and every once in a while I'll look in the mirror and gasp, "Who the hell is that old woman?!!" She looks as suprised as I do.

I had a surprise pg at age 44 and it's been keeping me young! (even though I have to put on my reading glasses to see the baby well up-close, LOL)

LOL...I think I feel old when I need biofocals to cut my daughters fingernails!

It was 45 for me, too. At 40 I was pretty pleased with how young my friends and I still looked. The years have caught up with us now...we're all 46 and 47.

Sounds like you need to focus on getting yourself healthy and in shape join a gym and just enjoy life dont dwell on being 'old' and dont worry I cried on my 14th birthday because I felt old I just turned 17 and I was really dissapointed at the small bonfire on my cake :rotfl:

Ah, ignorance, thy name is youth! Trust me, at 17 you don't have a clue. Check back with us in 30 years and let us know if you still think a gym is the answer to aging.

George Burns said He thought he was old at 30, then 40, but as he got older 30 an 40 seemed so young finally at age 95 he decided he was OLD....something to that effect maybe not his exact wording.

I had a great aunt who used to talk about the older ya get the faster time goes at the time my mom was prolly late 30's early 40's an did not relate now that she is pushing 80 pretty hard mom now realizes what my aunt meant.

I think it was around 30 for me (I am 35 now). I remember one day looking at teenagers/college students and thinking to myself "these aren't my peeps anymore".:rotfl: Then I felt old.

Sounds like you need to focus on getting yourself healthy and in shape join a gym and just enjoy life dont dwell on being 'old' and dont worry I cried on my 14th birthday because I felt old I just turned 17 and I was really dissapointed at the small bonfire on my cake :rotfl:

17 candles is a bonfire??? Good Lord, honey, if you are serious, you better marry yourself a firefighter because the "bonfire" is going to turn into a raging inferno in the years to come.

Right now I am nearing 29. The thing is, I feel old. My grey is coming in heavy, I don't get much sleep with two little ones, and the postpartum depression of the past year has left me feeling heavy. I would bet though that in a couple years, I won't even feel this old though, lol. I guess a day can be the difference!

ill be 39 his year with 6 year old twins and i didnt feel old till recently..we were at at sweet 16 party and i was dancing on the dance floor and my hubby takes me by the arm and says " ok mom let the kids dance." :confused3

50, it is all downhill from here.:rotfl:
But it also has me living a more meaningful life, knowing that it is short and I am starting to hurt in places I didn't know were places.

I think it was around 30 for me (I am 35 now). I remember one day looking at teenagers/college students and thinking to myself "these aren't my peeps anymore".:rotfl: Then I felt old.

ROFL!! :rotfl2: I can so relate to this!! I went back to school last year at age 39 & wow, totally different the second time around! LOL I'm sure some of my fellow students just think I'm a dino but I have such vivid memories of my college years and am having so much fun this time around too. (and a much better student now)

I felt much older a few years ago. My body started falling apart as soon as I hit 30 & each year, something else seems to go downhill. I was in a job I disliked, felt in a rut and felt old, fat and living Groundhog Day. I feel much younger now that I am on a path I have chosen, not chosen for me. I finally, finally figured out the mood benefits from regular exercise. My back is stronger, not as sore and now. Mainly now that I'm doing something I love, I don't feel as old as I did. I just turned 40 and am celebrating this year by doing some "bucket" list items.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter