What am I doing wrong? I can't make reservations.

Elle :)

DIS Veteran
We have a 3 split stay coming up. One night on 5/04 then 3 nights starting 5/5 then 7 starting 5/8. (all consecutive stays).
I'm trying to book my dining reservations this morning but the calendar is blocked out from 5/5 on.
I'm feeling so frustrated right now.

Last edited:
I may be wrong, but I think post-COVID, you need to book 60 days out for each stay. So tomorrow you can book the next 3 nights and then, in 3 days you can book the last 7. I have seen reports of people calling and a CM can book the consecutive stays. If I was you, I’d try calling at 7 am when dining opens. Good luck

Is it possible they are making some changes to the system right now/last night? I had some trouble last night as well.
Edit: bc autocorrect is terrible.

I may be wrong, but I think post-COVID, you need to book 60 days out for each stay. So tomorrow you can book the next 3 nights and then, in 3 days you can book the last 7. I have seen reports of people calling and a CM can book the consecutive stays. If I was you, I’d try calling at 7 am when dining opens. Good luck

Thank you. Is there a specific line for dining? Or do I just call the main number (407-939-5277)?

Is it possible they are making some changes to the system right now/last night? I had some trouble last night as well.
Edit: bc autocorrect is terrible.

That's what I was hoping but after 40+ minutes trying to make it work, I think it must be me. lol

We have a 3 split stay coming up. One night on 5/04 then 3 nights starting 5/5 then 7 starting 5/8. (all consecutive stays).
I'm trying to book my dining reservations this morning but the calendar is blocked out from 5/5 on.
I'm feeling so frustrated right now.

For dining reservation purposes, these are all individual stays, and you will only be able to make reservations from 60 days out from each check-in day for the length of that stay. This is not a COVID thing. It's been this way for years.

But I think you should be able to make reservations for 5/5 as the check-out day of your 5/4 stay. Are you saying that day is blocked out, too? That may be a system glitch.

For dining reservation purposes, these are all individual stays, and you will only be able to make reservations from 60 days out from each check-in day for the length of that stay. This is not a COVID thing. It's been this way for years.

But I think you should be able to make reservations for 5/5 as the check-out day of your 5/4 stay. Are you saying that day is blocked out, too? That may be a system glitch.

You're probably right but when we went in September, I was able to book all dining reservations at 60 days out even though we had a split stay. Maybe that was some Disney magic. :cutie:

Thanks to the lovely ladies above, I realized the split stay was preventing me from scheduling my dining reservations. I actually extended one of my room reservations to cover the entire trip, which opened up all the dining reservations for me. It's still glitchy so sometimes it shows all of the dates and sometimes it just shows the 5th...but I was able to get most of what I wanted.

Thanks again!

eta: I plan on returning my room reservation back to the original dates. I'm assuming I should wait until 5/08 to do that. That's the day we would be checking into our final resort.

Thanks to the lovely ladies above, I realized the split stay was preventing me from scheduling my dining reservations. I actually extended one of my room reservations to cover the entire trip, which opened up all the dining reservations for me. It's still glitchy so sometimes it shows all of the dates and sometimes it just shows the 5th...but I was able to get most of what I wanted.

Thanks again!

eta: I plan on returning my room reservation back to the original dates. I'm assuming I should wait until 5/08 to do that. That's the day we would be checking into our final resort.
I'm confused about which stay you extended. But regardless, if you need to shorten a stay, you should do it now. Changes in travel dates are considered to be booking a new reservation, so are subject to availability and prevailing rates at the time of the change. So if you wait until just before you check in, you might lose any room discounts you had.

I'm confused about which stay you extended. But regardless, if you need to shorten a stay, you should do it now. Changes in travel dates are considered to be booking a new reservation, so are subject to availability and prevailing rates at the time of the change. So if you wait until just before you check in, you might lose any room discounts you had.

Thank you. I had extended my stay at OKW to cover the entire trip dates (vs just the last 7 days). That opened up the dining reservations for my full trip (yay). I have since readjusted my OKW dates back to the original dates. It was a risk, of course, but OKW is usually one of the last DVC villas to sell out so I took a chance.

Actually, pre-Covid, you could book all your dining reservations across split stays. It was FP+ that you had to book in multiple sets according to your reservations. Having to book separately is new. (And frustrating.)

Actually, pre-Covid, you could book all your dining reservations across split stays. It was FP+ that you had to book in multiple sets according to your reservations. Having to book separately is new. (And frustrating.)
You've got that backwards. FP+ has always allowed booking across split stays. ADR's haven't allowed booking across split stays for at least 6 or 8 years; and back then they allowed, literally, "+10" days after your check-in.

You've got that backwards. FP+ has always allowed booking across split stays. ADR's haven't allowed booking across split stays for at least 6 or 8 years; and back then they allowed, literally, "+10" days after your check-in.

Oh! I do believe you're correct. We've only had a handful of split stays and it's been awhile. Honestly, it's silly. If they had a way to make it work with FP, there's no reason it shouldn't work with dining.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter