What are 3 of your family's favorite card or board games?

Farkle, Rummikub, Five Crowns are games we play frequently. We also play Ticket to Ride, but it's not a favorite of mine; too much strategy/thinking involved for it to be fun for me (but I play it when others want to).

On Saturday we had game night with friends. They set up a zoom meeting and we played Farkle together. We all had our own dice, and although it took a bit of getting accustomed to adjusting screens so we could all see each other and our dice roll, it went pretty well. It's nice to see and act with folks other than DH!

I miss people who know how to play Euchre! That's definitely my all time favorite game to play with a normal deck of cards.
I miss Euchre too! The only time I really get to play anymore is with my family at the holidays. DH doesn't know how to play, nor does he care to learn. 😒

I love to play Euchre! I feel we have done our duty to pass this game on to younger generations here. Kids at 4-H camp continue to teach each other how to play. It's a tradition. 😀

I miss people who know how to play Euchre! That's definitely my all time favorite game to play with a normal deck of cards.

My dad's side of the family are huge Euchre players. It's one of my earliest memories of being at my grandparents' house - everyone having cocktails, my grandfather slamming his hand on the table when his partner screwed up...LOL Good times! My parents still play with my brother's family from time to time, but I never learned the game.

Our other family/friends game is Pit. We play whenever we can all get together - which sadly has been mainly the holidays. We try to get a group of 6-8 of us to play. It's what I look forward to the most on my trips home.

We have tons of games, but our current favorites are probably

Exploding Kittens
Utter Nonsense
5 Second Rule
You’ve Got Crabs
Outburst
Clue
Settlers of Catan
TrivIal Pursuit

We’re also fans of Uno & Monolopy.

My personal favorite is Scattergories, & The Game of Life will always be a sentimental favorite.

And, we got our older son the BEST card game for Christmas -

Taco, Cat, Goat, Cheese, Pizza

It’s sorta like spoons & involves a lot of fast action & slapping down cards. And is SOOOOO much fun!! The kids love it, & we have played it over & over. We shared it w/ our extended families, & they loved it too. I broke my finger playing over Christmas vacation.

We also got our daughter a game called Space Team that has been fun.

I love to play Euchre! I feel we have done our duty to pass this game on to younger generations here. Kids at 4-H camp continue to teach each other how to play. It's a tradition. 😀
Communication is key in Euchre. I'll leave things at that.

When my kids were grade school age:

Sleeping Queens
Set
Enchanted Forest
Cranium
Pictionary
Milles bornes

As young adults:

Splendor
Azul

Settlers of Catan
Sushi Go
Go
Cards Against Humanity

Bolded what I consider their favorites overall over time, but that's sort of subjective. (And my kids were older when they played Sleeping Queens with younger cousins, but it was a game that bridged the age gap ).

Last edited:
And, we got our older son the BEST card game for Christmas -

Taco, Cat, Goat, Cheese, Pizza

It’s sorta like spoons & involves a lot of fast action & slapping down cards. And is SOOOOO much fun!! The kids love it, & we have played it over & over. We shared it w/ our extended families, & they loved it too. I broke my finger playing over Christmas vacation.

Can't quite decide if game manufacturers do or do not want @Wendy31 to post reviews of their games online!

I love Exploding Kittens!!!!! I was just messaging the creators on Kickstarter. We have a game launching tomorrow and we're doing a "Don's of Kickstarter" exclusive expansion pack that has 5 Don Corleone's or should I say big bosses of the platform. It has the creator of D&D battle maps, The creator of gather, the founder of a big crowdfunding agency, and a couple our team is waiting to announce:) The butterflies in my stomach feel more like bats hahaha.

If you get a second we'd love to hear some feedback:) namethatreview.com/pages/name-that-review

So let's hear it. What are three of your family's favorite games or what games do you remember enjoying from your own childhood?

My top 3 are: Rack-o, Uno, and Sorry :)
We usually play Catan or Ticket to Ride. But since the stay at home order and schools shutting down, our new favorite is single deck blackjack. I deal and currency of the bet is 'bedtime minutes'. I color them up to 20 minutes each day and if they lose it they go to bed 20 minutes before the normal bedtime. The house breaks for the day when it's paid out 40 minutes. I deal to a very generous set of rules and the house loses about as often as it wins.

On Saturday we had game night with friends. They set up a zoom meeting and we played Farkle together. We all had our own dice, and although it took a bit of getting accustomed to adjusting screens so we could all see each other and our dice roll, it went pretty well. It's nice to see and act with folks other than DH!

That's so cool!

We had our first big Zoom meet with DH's family on Mother's Day, and I'm hoping to organize another one soon as a game night. So far, the "Zoom-friendly" choices I've come up with are:

Mad Libs - I have several books, and no other equipment is needed but a pencil!
Joe Name It - a new one I bought recently, that looks like we could modify it to work
Yahtzee - I think some of the other households also have sets, and others could hand-copy the score-sheets and pilfer dice from other games they have.
Scategories - same sort of thing
Pictionary - maybe...if each family has a set

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter