What are fast pass lines being used for?

disney_kings

Earning My Ears
Just got back from Spring Break week. Seemed like there were a lot more people in the "fastpass" lines than when we were there back in August and was curious if anyone knows how these folks are taking advantage of them?

I know you can still use them for rider swap as we did so but how else are folks able to use them? Are these "VIP" passes with the expensive tours? Are they handing out fastpasses for service issues or whatnot like they have in the past? Was it just a lot of folks doing rider swap?

While standing in line near the entrance to Big Thunder Mountain, I thought I overheard the CM in front of the fastpass entrance telling someone they could schedule a return time so is there some other new trick I'm not aware of?

Just got back from Spring Break week. Seemed like there were a lot more people in the "fastpass" lines than when we were there back in August and was curious if anyone knows how these folks are taking advantage of them?

I know you can still use them for rider swap as we did so but how else are folks able to use them? Are these "VIP" passes with the expensive tours? Are they handing out fastpasses for service issues or whatnot like they have in the past? Was it just a lot of folks doing rider swap?

While standing in line near the entrance to Big Thunder Mountain, I thought I overheard the CM in front of the fastpass entrance telling someone they could schedule a return time so is there some other new trick I'm not aware of?

The FP queue is being used for D33 members, I think Golden Oaks residents, DAS, babyswap, VIP

Almost certainly a DAS pass. Used for people that are unable to wait in a conventional queue due to a disability.

They're also used when you receive a pass because you were on the ride when it broke down. We got stuck on Test Track for a while last week.

All of the above mentioned plus I’m not sure what they’re called but when something “goes wrong” a cast member can give out a “free” fast pass.-same as the ones for when ride goes down. We received one when checking into the Beach Club, got to the room and the balcony door was off track, balcony chairs were dirty so I asked to be moved. They moved us and added the pass to our mde account.

Disability Access Pass, Rider Swap (aka baby swap), VIP tours, and rides broken down passes are probably the most frequent. I did however notice a few Club 33 members accessing this past week.

Here now At AK FOP they are letting some through in the fast pass line to bypass the regular line. The CM said it’s DAS or Rider’s Club. What is that and is it a fee based fast pass?

I'm guessing it's not a "Rider's Club" but for rider switch, where one adult rides while the other stays with young children, etc. Flight of Passage has a rider switch option.

Thank you. Do they get to bypass the line completely for ride switch?

DAS is for a person with a disability that prohibits them from physically waiting in line. They get a card (for every member in their group) at the main entrance. They go to the cast member at the attraction and show them their cards and will be assigned a return time for that ride based on current wait times, they can only use this card to wait one ride at a time. They can go do whatever they want and return at their designated time for the ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter