• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

what are moleskin bandages???

andychris14

DIS Veteran
I am leaving next Wed and am going thru the packing list. I went to the drug store to buy moleskin bandages and couldn't find them. I was a little embarassed to ask since I do not know what they are or look like.
Can someone give me the run down on them? I assume they are for your feet but have no idea what I am looking for or buying.

andychris14,

Moleskin is a protective covering for blisters or for areas at risk for blisters.Such as places where your shoe might rub. It is sold in rolls and the rolls are in a box. It says moleskin on the box. I have found it both with foot supplies and with first-aid care items. You shold be able to find it in any drug store or somewhere such as wal-mart. I am sure anyone would be glad to point you in the right direction.
Just a note. It is much easier to prevent feet problems at WDW than try to treat them. We always carry moleskin but only DH who has trouble with his feet anyway has needed it. A few tips that help us is to purchase new shoes about a month before your trip and wear them in good before you go. We swear by NEW BALANCE but lots of other people have their favorites too. We also wear think socks but a lot of people find they do better with two thin pairs. We spray our feet with SURE and let them dry before putting on socks and shoes. We also try to keep our feet dry in the parks. If your kids will want to be in the fountians, take along a change for them. My nephew got terrible blisters from wet shoes and socks! There have been some great threads on Disney tips on foot care also.Have fun packing!!

Jordan's mom

I had never heard of moleskin before reading these boards. I brought along a pack on our trip to WDW and was glad I did. I got a small irritation on one of my toes from walking around all day in the pouring rain in my wet shoes. I used the moleskin the next couple of days and the irritation never developed into anything more!:D

well thanks to everyone I found moleskins today and am so excited. I have never heard nor used them before. I am bringing it just in case.
Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter